ADVERTISEMENT

Patrick Wojahn

oh-sure-john-candy.gif

The ineptitude is baked in and has been for a while. Think about refereeing. why would anybody do it that doens't absolutley need the money or the power. It's a shitshow. People with no context of the rules and strategies yelling at you all the time, cursing you, undermining you. Who would wnat to do that.

No replace refeering with "serving in Congress". Why would competent people do it other than money or power? Civic duy....gone.
A sense of national pride.....likely misplaced if that's your reason

I don't think that's fair. People have a civic duty, but not at the expense of mudslinging that is guaranteed to occur. TV changed things. The internet changed everything far more.

I don't think that's fair. People have a civic duty, but not at the expense of mudslinging that is guaranteed to occur. TV changed things. The internet changed everything far more.
Marcus Aurelius wouldn’t call your inability to overcome shame for civic piety honorable.

But he’s dead.

Ideally we would invent a system of governance which involved a rotation of citizens into decision making roles. You could opt out but would, of course, lose your vote.

Which begs the question, why did we stop inventing governments at liberal democracy? I guess communism and the expansion soon of the welfare state came along though the latter is mostly a creation of liberal democracy.

I think voting as a method of electing decision makers will fall next. It will be replaced by something more beneficial.

Marcus Aurelius wouldn’t call your inability to overcome shame for civic piety honorable.

But he’s dead.

Ideally we would invent a system of governance which involved a rotation of citizens into decision making roles. You could opt out but would, of course, lose your vote.

Which begs the question, why did we stop inventing governments at liberal democracy? I guess communism and the expansion soon of the welfare state came along though the latter is mostly a creation of liberal democracy.

I think voting as a method of electing decision makers will fall next. It will be replaced by something more beneficial.
Let's hope so. Like Boeheim to Tom Crean, we've exploited its weaknesses enough to know we can do better.

Reactions: larsIU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT