ADVERTISEMENT

Overall ineptitude. Who deserves the most blame?

You are just as hypocritical. Bad first half all because of the players, but want to give credit to coaches for the second half.

IU was not ready to play….. coaching issue

Bad Clock/ Time out management….. coaching issue

Terrible situational play calling….. coaching issue
Negative. I blamed the players in the first half for what I thought were player/execution issues. I don’t give coaches credit for the players’ executing the 2nd half, I give the players credit for that.

Part of being an adult is seeing the whole field and not being knee jerk emotional about everything. You’ll get there some day.

What do you mean they weren't busted coverages? Especially the 85-yarder?
Sharpe played it like he thought he had safety help over the top to pass the route off to and he didn't.

That's the definition of a busted coverage.
He did have help, but that help got beat. And whatever you might choose to call it, it sidesteps the real issue; we were not ready to play, and we got beat just about everywhere you can get beat in the first half. We were fortunate to not be down by four or five scores. For Allen to look so lost really is concerning, especially when going against a coach he’s faced (and been beaten by) so many times.

Negative. I blamed the players in the first half for what I thought were player/execution issues. I don’t give coaches credit for the players’ executing the 2nd half, I give the players credit for that.

Part of being an adult is seeing the whole field and not being knee jerk emotional about everything. You’ll get there some day.
So it’s adult to immediately go to name calling when someone questions your point of view?

I am probably one of the least knee jerk reactions on this board if you look at any of my posts.

So it was entirely the players fault for being down 3 TDs in the 1st half? That doesn’t seem to be looking at the whole picture very well.

I just wonder how thing would look if UofL ever got called for holding Andre Carter.

Don’t play that card.
Watched Carter all day and he flat out stunk. Slow as molasses and has no field awareness when things bounce out to the edge. Completely overhyped transfer.
Of course, the staff doesn’t have any concept what a good DL looks like so they blew smoke all off-season about this guy.

Reactions: vesuvius13
If they had faked that handoff Jackson would’ve walked in untouched,mind boggling call.
The over-the-line dive attempt might work if you’re on the 6” line, but from the 1 1/2 yd line, not so well. It was the kind of play you knew wasn’t going anywhere the split nano-second the ball was handed off….stonewalled for a loss showed who’s boss!

Sorry but not paying $120 or more to sit in the good seats there. Plus driving to Indy and paying more to park. Then walking forever to get to the seats. Can't do that anymore.
The program is awful but tickets were not hard to come by, parking is 10 bucks and a 15 minute walk. Tailgating at IU is a bigger hassle than a game a Lucas Oil. Give me a break.

Same old story. If the program was competitive, nobody would complain about game day cost.

That onside kick proved to be a brilliant coaching move, but talk about high risk. Imagine if Lou had recovered and then gone on to score.

Louisville fans probably didn’t go home with a real optimistic feeling after getting skunked the second half. Talk about a tale of two halves for two teams…

If they had faked that handoff Jackson would’ve walked in untouched,mind boggling call.
No he wouldn't have. Watch the replay again. The entire reason Henderson had to go straight into the pile was because Louisville had a player who did a good job of setting the edge and not crashing in.

And if Henderson didn't think he'd be able to outrun him, Tayven definitely couldn't have.

What do you mean they weren't busted coverages? Especially the 85-yarder?
Sharpe played it like he thought he had safety help over the top to pass the route off to and he didn't.

That's the definition of a busted coverage.
Are you sure he wasn’t supposed to have help from Dunnam?

I just watched the highlights on Youtube again.

The first long play, the 43-yarder, looks like it actually was Dunham's fault.
Definitely seems like a 2-high look where he didn't get over top of it in time.

But the 85-yard touchdown seems pretty clearly to be solely Sharpe's fault. From what I can tell, it looks like a pretty obvious Cover Three of some kind, and he just didn't turn and run quickly enough.

I just wonder how thing would look if UofL ever got called for holding Andre Carter.
Holding was consistent on both sides of the ball for Lvl.

This along with the extra shoves and trash talk after the whistle are hallmarks of Brohm.

Disagree. There’s no reason this place shouldn’t be packed with IU alums in Indy.
The crowd was disapponting, but we knew that earlier this week. UL can't be happy either, their crowd was substantially smaller and rough looking.

Our defense is soft as marshmallows up front. Tougher teams win. LEO is a sham.

Fire Alllen!
I think LEO has turned into a code word for running an organization with a Christian foundation and an assurance that you're going to get invited to the coach's house for a barbecue but it's got nothing to do with playing winning football.

Not to mention that the portal is a revolving door for recruits both coming and going for which there is very little sense of loyalty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT