ADVERTISEMENT

Overall ineptitude. Who deserves the most blame?

Rotonda Jim

Benchwarmer
Sep 3, 2003
I honestly cannot blame our players. They simply are not big enough, strong enough, fast enough or not supported well enough by the university. And combined with a fan base that does not care (why is Lucas half empty), no decent tradition ,and coaches who may be in over their heads, it is what it is as we watch the misery snowball again.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I honestly cannot blame our players. They simply are not big enough, strong enough, fast enough or not supported well enough by the university. And combined with a fan base that does not care (why is Lucas half empty), no decent tradition ,and coaches who may be in over their heads, it is what it is as we watch the misery snowball again.
Gotta say, the size of the crowd, particularly our fans, is pretty stunning.

Dolson. You don't hire a carnival barker to be your HC.

This is Allen’s last season. You cannot be defensive “guru” and continue to trot out complete ineptitude like this. He had to, at minimum, have a good showing and once again fell flat on his face. Goodbye Tom.

Reactions: iulb
Sorry but not paying $120 or more to sit in the good seats there. Plus driving to Indy and paying more to park. Then walking forever to get to the seats. Can't do that anymore.

STOP THE SHOW BOATING! Good lord! The IU players don't deserve to be celebrating plays they are routinely supposed to make. Childish, amatuerish, and stupid.........! Makes us look like a bad high school team.
No, I think it’s losing the first half 21-0 that makes IU look like a bad high school team.

And to state the obvious, they played a great second half and that is a tribute to the players. As I said at the start, I can't blame the players. Nice comeback guys.

And to state the obvious, they played a great second half and that is a tribute to the players. As I said at the start, I can't blame the players. Nice comeback guys.
It wasn’t coaching that gave up the 1st and 3rd TDs.

I’m no Tom Allen fan but fair is fair.

It was an exciting second-half. Definitely something to build on. And we got to see that Jackson has a little more game than we thought. Turn those guys loose and I think they’ll be OK.

Actually, after that 2nd half I think if IU had a worthy coach there was enough talent to win today. Bad play calling and preparation was what is missing. TJ showed why he’s going to be a really good QB. His decision making and execution improved greatly from the first half to the second half.

It wasn’t coaching that gave up the 1st and 3rd TDs.

I’m no Tom Allen fan but fair is fair.

It was an exciting second-half. Definitely something to build on. And we got to see that Jackson has a little more game than we thought. Turn those guys loose and I think they’ll be OK.
For real. These are awful takes people are making.

Players play a bad first half with blown coverages and dropped passes and overthrown balls = bad coaching.

Players tighten up and play a great 2nd half = overcoming bad coaching.

It’s almost like they’ve got the answers regardless of the questions.

If someone wants to rag on the coaching today it should be about managing TOs and that 4th & goal play call.

Players play a bad first half with blown coverages and dropped passes and overthrown balls = bad coaching.

If someone wants to rag on the coaching today it should be about managing TOs and that 4th & goal play call.
I do think it’s fair to question our defensive game plan, which TA still has a big hand in. To look as though we’d never played against Jeff and Brian Brohm and that we had no idea what they’d try to run was unbelievable, to say the least.

You are just as hypocritical. Bad first half all because of the players, but want to give credit to coaches for the second half.

IU was not ready to play….. coaching issue

Bad Clock/ Time out management….. coaching issue

Terrible situational play calling….. coaching issue

I do think it’s fair to question our defensive game plan, which TA still has a big hand in. To look as though we’d never played against Jeff and Brian Brohm and that we had no idea what they’d try to run was unbelievable, to say the least.
We gave up two busts which greatly inflated their stats. In general, the defense was fine.
Plummer was well below 60% completion percentage for the game, and sub-250 yards.

Louisville barely managed 100 yards in the 2nd half.
They had 422 yards and 128 of that came on the two busted coverages alone.

Our freshman corner got beat deep twice early in the game where he looked lost, we had an admittedly terrible defensive drive the next possession, and then gave up almost nothing the rest of the game. The defense didn't look like it had no idea what was coming.

We gave up two busts which greatly inflated their stats. In general, the defense was fine.
Plummer was well below 60% completion percentage for the game, and sub-250 yards.

Our freshman corner got beat deep twice early in the game where he looked lost, we had an admittedly terrible defensive drive the next possession, and then gave up almost nothing the rest of the game. The defense didn't look like it had no idea what was coming.
We played better in the second half, but the defense was far from fine overall and was atrocious in the first half. We got beat deep . . . those weren’t busted coverages. And we got owned at the point of attack. Amazing that Allen would’ve not been better prepared.

We played better in the second half, but the defense was far from fine overall and was atrocious in the first half. We got beat deep . . . those weren’t busted coverages. And we got owned at the point of attack. Amazing that Allen would’ve not been better prepared.
What do you mean they weren't busted coverages? Especially the 85-yarder?
Sharpe played it like he thought he had safety help over the top to pass the route off to and he didn't.

That's the definition of a busted coverage.

I just wonder how thing would look if UofL ever got called for holding Andre Carter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT