ADVERTISEMENT

Our Players are now fighting on Instagram with strangers…

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a complete waste of time and money to get a PhD in English. I mean seriously the ROI there is complete garbage.

I can’t imagine having to go the graduate route. Must not have chosen a very good undergrad. Were you OLS?

By the way, I thought it was obvious, but the pig I was referring to was your wife. I assumed someone with a graduate degree from Purdue would have understood that.
PhDs in English are worthless? That's odd. Doesn't IU have a department full of them? In my aunts' case, they were full professors each holding an endowed chair and were respected scholars at a very large research university. They were Phi Beta Kappa undergrads and went to grad school on fellowships. (Translation: that means they didn't spend money to go to graduate school.) Wife is a Rutgers grad and undergrad and presently an Associate Professor. She was also Phi Beta Kappa as an undergrad and Presidential Fellow there.

No OLS at Purdue for me; I studied Biochemistry with an emphasis in the Biophysical Chemistry of Proteins. Spent many, many hours in the lab. I was also on a fellowship.

It must be sad to have such a poor view of the academic world that you do. I know quite a number of people that think that their graduate degrees were a very worthwhile endeavor. I certainly think that mine was. The world does not strictly run on financial ROI.

By the way, it is not very nice to insult the family members of people that you do not know. But coming from you, it is hardly surprising. After all, when you are losing a discussion, the next step is to resort to the ad hominem.

Reactions: brianiu
PhDs in English are worthless? That's odd. Doesn't IU have a department full of them? In my aunts' case, they were full professors each holding an endowed chair and were respected scholars at a very large research university. They were Phi Beta Kappa undergrads and went to grad school on fellowships. (Translation: that means they didn't spend money to go to graduate school.) Wife is a Rutgers grad and undergrad and presently an Associate Professor. She was also Phi Beta Kappa as an undergrad and Presidential Fellow there.

No OLS at Purdue for me; I studied Biochemistry with an emphasis in the Biophysical Chemistry of Proteins. Spent many, many hours in the lab. I was also on a fellowship.

It must be sad to have such a poor view of the academic world that you do. I know quite a number of people that think that their graduate degrees were a very worthwhile endeavor. I certainly think that mine was. The world does not strictly run on financial ROI.

By the way, it is not very nice to insult the family members of people that you do not know. But coming from you, it is hardly surprising. After all, when you are losing a discussion, the next step is to resort to the ad hominem.
Not surprised to hear your aunt and wife were sorostitutes. Although with them being porkers, I’m surprised they were given a bid.

Yes, anyone who does 8 years in college for an English PhD is a dumbass. No doubt a libtard.

Financial ROI is the ONLY reason to go to college. Anyone who argues differently is poor.

• Wow
Reactions: Torbin.Bequette
TJD was so excited when he committed to IU. I just hate seeing him treated this way. He is a great young man who has given his all to the program. He has a great future and I want him to feel the love and appreciation that the IU community has for him and always will!!
Treated what way?

I didn't come here because IU lost. I was out for the evening at a meeting and had just gotten home. I did not even know that IU lost until I read it here. Merriam-Webster is on my side, no misuse.

By the way, I thought that the game would be close and could have gone either way. I was very surprised that IU lost by the huge margin that they did. I would not have expected that. I didn't see a second of play in that game. I have to admit to finding it odd that the preseason #1 pick for the conference is in 13th place in a 14-team conference in mid-January. That doesn't happen very often in any conference. I can understand why you are butt-hurt and acting out.
IU loses, or PUke wins.

Run to IU board

Nobody cares. You are heading down a path where you are showing us your poorly decorated home over message board fights with people who are hiding behind made up names. You aren't welcome here. Move along.

Reactions: Lilsweet
IU loses, or PUke wins.

Run to IU board
Obviously, your ability to read and understand is very limited since your comment is the opposite of reality. According to your posts, more than 24 hours after is "running over", which is a ridiculous characterization.

If you don't like my post, you don't have to read it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT