ADVERTISEMENT

Our Players are now fighting on Instagram with strangers…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2023
“I'm going to do something surprising and give them credit. Even if their program sucks and is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, those fans (profanity deleted by me) care. “

Thank you to those that still care enough to vent! Without the fans we would truly have nothing special as far as our program goes.

These players are how old? And they've played at IU for how long? Meanwhile there are dedicated IU fans and alum who have followed and supported this program our entire lives. Those of us old timers do not need to pull up stats to know that it is historically rare and extremely disappointing to lose 6 in a row to Rutgers, lose to Northwestern at AH, and continually struggle to win an occasional road game in conference. Do I agree with the recent letters sent to players . . . hell no!!! Still, there is a certain degree of self-control that appears missing when players cannot refrain from posting responses to the lunatic fringe on social media. As always, I am for IU2WIN and I can accept down years in terms of wins/losses but at the very least I hope IU athletes continue to carry the banner of Never Daunted as opposed to intimidated and flippant.

The kind of mental toughness we’ve come to expect from this group.
Where is the leadership? Coaches better sit this team down and change this shit or they have failed

Someone needs to get them off social media during the year if they can't handle it.
Easier said than done. These guys have all grown up with it and it’s a vital part of their life. And it’s destroying many of their lives.

McCaffery’s kid at Iowa has anxiety issues so bad he has to take a leave of absence and I bet a lot of that is due to his use of social media. Today the Seattle public school system filed a lawsuit against the social media giants for exploiting the addictive nature of social media, leading to rising anxiety, depression and thoughts of self-harm amongst their students.

They know the ship is sinking and now trying to find a scapegoat. This is pathetic, especially from Trayce. He’s 23 and making around a million (speculation). Just deal with it. Grow up

Nasty fan mail, radio, etc is as old as time. Grow up man. Just running IU through the mud.

Easier said than done. These guys have all grown up with it and it’s a vital part of their life. And it’s destroying many of their lives.

McCaffery’s kid at Iowa has anxiety issues so bad he has to take a leave of absence and I bet a lot of that is due to his use of social media. Today the Seattle public school system filed a lawsuit against the social media giants for exploiting the addictive nature of social media, leading to rising anxiety, depression and thoughts of self-harm amongst their students.

3 of the people that responded are 23, 23, and 24 years old. They have been in College basketball since 2017 or 2018. The 4th is 21 and a junior. At a certain point you can set the expectation from them as a coaching staff to have fun on social media but if I catch you doing sh*t that is going to blow back on the program, you will get dealt with. Period.

Not only that you morons, who the hell do you think pays the money into NIL? You are making incredibly stupid business decisions as well.

I’m not even going to say that, but they should just shut up. A couple of hillbillies send some letters and they fall apart.

I would wager that Trayce is planting the seed for an off-season transfer to another NIL payout.
Oh, I just wanted to echo TJD’s plaintive tweet.

But if they don’t like criticism, they can refuse NIL. Or transfer to Earlham and finish their careers as “student”-athletes in obscurity.

Yeah, that’ll happen.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Oh, I just wanted to echo TJD’s plaintive tweet.

But if they don’t like criticism, they can refuse NIL. Or transfer to Earlham and finish their careers as “student”-athletes in obscurity.

Yeah, that’ll happen.
Earlham could use the help this year. Currently 1-12 on the season and winless in conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT