ADVERTISEMENT

Our Players are now fighting on Instagram with strangers…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Major college programs should have lectures on what to do with social media.
Don’t get involved with back and forth stuff.
There will be ups and downs, but don’t respond to negatives. Just focus on the next game.
they are like 19- to in our case like 23/24, shouldn't they just know that, and the ones that took the bait were the eldest, that is the problem

Reactions: Mr.IU and kmathum
Were they knowledgeable when they didn’t rank Purdue at all to start the season?

Your program isn’t relevant and never has been, because you haven’t been to the Final 4 since 1980. Get back to the final 4 sometime this century, and you can talk. I’m guessing we will see 10 more double digit seed losses for Purdue before that happens.
The voters in the national polls obviously disagree with you. Your comment reeks of sour grapes and ignorance.

As for the beginning of the season: they were simply wrong in their predictions. They underestimated Purdue and overestimated Duke, Kentucky, UNC and IU.

You just don't realize that IU has become the Norma Desmond of college basketball.

Last edited:
The voters in the national polls obviously disagree with you. Your comment reeks of sour grapes and ignorance.

As for the beginning of the season: they were simply wrong in their predictions. They underestimated Purdue and overestimated Duke, Kentucky, UNC and IU.

You just don't realize that IU has become the Norma Desmond of college basketball.
You know you have a place to talk about your team right? It is a place most of us got banned from simply for having an "IU" in our name. If you want to talk about Purdue, go there.

Would you rather be a "has been" or a "never been"?

You know you have a place to talk about your team right? It is a place most of us got banned from simply for having an "IU" in our name. If you want to talk about Purdue, go there.
I did not initiate this part of the thread. I am responding to a series of inane posts. You need to direct your comment to those that started it.

And Purdue has always been and always will be the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Not gonna lie when I saw X's comment I laughed. His was in jest, and I guarantee he was laughing when he posted it. Looks like he deleted it because he realized shit was getting out of control.

Cant defend Miller tho, no idea what he is doing.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

The kind of mental toughness we’ve come to expect from this group.

social media has set everything backwards. used to be, you had to work really hard to have your opinion heard/have your opinion matter. you had to do things. get up. took years. decades even. the older you were, the more experience you had.

now, sheeze. 18 year olds are millionaires from their bedrooms based purely on our society's self-obsession and basic math. kids without a hair on their asses are running the show. grown men w respectable millions lost it to a kid (FTX). greed.

now, I believe in "the youth". they are going to be smarter than us. they will create the next big things.

but collectively we will have a gigantic societal personality disorder on our hands. already do.

Not gonna lie when I saw X's comment I laughed. His was in jest, and I guarantee he was laughing when he posted it. Looks like he deleted it because he realized shit was getting out of control.

Cant defend Miller tho, no idea what he is doing.
Sadly, I think you truly believe everything you post. And then you're proven wrong. Every. Single. Time.

Flipping off the fanbase with his history of antics? Just another dumb move in a long line by him.
its saying Phuck y'all too. with a love symbol after word. I could care less about these "antics". He is a human, lots of them have personalities ya know. Go to the NBA, want a list of guys with "Antics"? Spoiler, they are the best in the world.

its saying Phuck y'all too. with a love symbol after word. I could care less about these "antics". He is a human, lots of them have personalities ya know. Go to the NBA, want a list of guys with "Antics"? Spoiler, they are the best in the world.
If he produced for IU like an NBA level guard, fans could get passed the dumb antics. As it stands, he will go down as one of the most disliked IU players by IU fans of all time.

Incredible that he or Kopp thought those were appropriate comments. Especially in the middle of a 5 game losing streak to P5 opponents.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984

Now that there's $ to be made, it's time to act like professionals. That is, if you want to continue making $. It's just like anything else.

Here's my free legal advice to everybody here: stay the F off of social media.

That is a distinction without a difference, Norma.
Not sure who Norma is but a Purdue fan chirping about relevance is laughable. Purdue is not relevant now and never has been. IU is not relevant now but was 30 years ago. Which is sadder for 2 equally delusional fan bases was the question.

They know the ship is sinking and now trying to find a scapegoat. This is pathetic, especially from Trayce. He’s 23 and making around a million (speculation). Just deal with it. Grow up

Nasty fan mail, radio, etc is as old as time. Grow up man. Just running IU through the mud.
Good thing he don't play for UK right now. He'd go into hiding.

That's on Woodson..
As long as the check clears..
Retirement is looking good honey..
Woody never seems like he energizes the team. Players sometimes emulate their coach. I like the way Hood-Schifino has developed but Kopp,Galloway and even Geronimo seem to be regressing in play.

Reactions: bailey777
Younger generations have been feminized and not in a good way like a cannabis seed.

Anyone who thinks that they can or tries to speak or write about the future with certainty is either foolish, ignorant or both.
I'll have to take your word for it since you have a lot of 1st hand experience in the foolish and ignorant department.

social media has set everything backwards. used to be, you had to work really hard to have your opinion heard/have your opinion matter. you had to do things. get up. took years. decades even. the older you were, the more experience you had.

now, sheeze. 18 year olds are millionaires from their bedrooms based purely on our society's self-obsession and basic math. kids without a hair on their asses are running the show. grown men w respectable millions lost it to a kid (FTX). greed.

now, I believe in "the youth". they are going to be smarter than us. they will create the next big things.

but collectively we will have a gigantic societal personality disorder on our hands. already do.
Fans are rightfully pissed off. There were expectations at Indiana for one of the first times in decades. Everyone thought they'd win the Big 10. A bunch of people had them preseason top-15. Instead here they are at 10-5 really banking on that early win at Xavier and home win over UNC.

But you're playing at Indiana. I'm going to do something surprising and give them credit. Even if their program sucks and is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, those fans ****ing care. They live and die with the team. They are going to get mad at losses. You should probably be able to handle that with a joke or just ignore it.

I know social media can suck for athletes or whatever, but this? This is ****ing harmless. Maybe beat Northwestern and you won't get a pointless meme.

ha, but who's fault is that? and who raised those people?
Hard times make strong men
Strong men make good times
Good times make weak men
Weak men make hard times

It's a cycle. We're on the third step, about to move to the last. Then we'll cycle around.

If he produced for IU like an NBA level guard, fans could get passed the dumb antics. As it stands, he will go down as one of the most disliked IU players by IU fans of all time.

Incredible that he or Kopp thought those were appropriate comments. Especially in the middle of a 5 game losing streak to P5 opponents.
You think X will go down as one of the most disliked players ever? Do not do meth before noon!!!

You think X will go down as one of the most disliked players ever? Do not do meth before noon!!!
Absolutely. Other than Devonte Green, I can't think of a more hated player in recent memory. Your personal relationship with him makes you biased. I've seen X himself get boo'd multiple times. During the ND game last year, the crowd literally cheered when he was taken out of the game.

Reactions: hoosier_est_1984
Absolutely. Other than Devonte Green, I can't think of a more hated player in recent memory. Your personal relationship with him makes you biased. I've seen X himself get boo'd multiple times. During the ND game last year, the crowd literally cheered when he was taken out of the game.
I dont recall exactly what happened now but didnt he do something at the end of last season which many thought would get him kicked off the team? If I recall nothing at all happened to him nor did Woodson suspend him from any games.

I dont recall exactly what happened now but didnt he do something at the end of last season which many thought would get him kicked off the team? If I recall nothing at all happened to him nor did Woodson suspend him from any games.
Do you really not recall that, or are you just wanting me to bring it up? Haha

Your comment is just plain dumb. I get that you don't like Purdue. However, to maintain that any program is not or never has been relevant when they have been ranked at the top of the polls in consecutive seasons is ridiculous. These polls are voted on by journalists and coaches throughout the country. They are considered to be knowledgeable voters and are chosen on that basis. Obviously, they observed enough of Purdue to vote them #1. Purdue is #3 this week and still getting first place votes. They are a #1 seed in Bracketology this week. By any measure, those things make them relevant.

Your posts make it obvious that you never made Law Review.
Name one other program worth a damn that would keep a coach around 19 years with no FF and that loses to mid-majors in years 18 and 19 in the tournament. I'll wait forever for a response because there are none. UK fans are angry with Calipari, and he has won a title and been to multiple FF's. Tom Crean was ranked #1: who gives a shit when you can't finish?

I've seen the movie 19-20 times before: I know how it ends. Delusion and black and gold glasses have apparently blinded you to the prior 19-20 viewings.

1980, Mean Green, and Peacocks: this is reality. Wake up and smell the coffee. Wake me up when something is different.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT