ADVERTISEMENT

OT 181-79

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
That’s Gary Patterson’s record at TCU.
He was told by the AD he could coach the rest of the year then he’s done.
Patterson decided to leave now and I can’t say that I blame him.
These mid season firings are just ridiculous.
I’m sure he had many opportunities to leave for good jobs but stayed,and this is the thanks he gets.
181-79 and fired in mid season,I’m sure some high roller donor got their panties in a bunch.
Pathetic.

Last edited:
I was very surprised to see that Patterson was fired. He had taken TCU to such a high level before the program went on a decline recently. The Horned Frogs were 12-1 in 2014, 11-2 in 2015 and 11-3 in 2017. Since 2018 the program has been only 23-22 and 3-5 this year.

I have changed my opinion on coaches leaving for higher paying opportunities If they are going to eventually be fired, they may as well have better paying jobs while they can.

Big time football has no loyalty to coaches and only accept winning right now. TCU has been in decline the past few seasons with no look of turning it around hence firing their coach. This is why it will be so important for coach Allen to release a few coaches on offense and re-evaluate what IU is doing on defense.

I was very surprised to see that Patterson was fired. He had taken TCU to such a high level before the program went on a decline recently. The Horned Frogs were 12-1 in 2014, 11-2 in 2015 and 11-3 in 2017. Since 2018 the program has been only 23-22 and 3-5 this year.

I have changed my opinion on coaches leaving for higher paying opportunities If they are going to eventually be fired, they may as well have better paying jobs while they can.
As they say…there are two kinds of coaches: those that have been fired and those that will be fired.

He could have had any job in the country between ‘05-‘18. Instead he was loyal and committed to TCU. No ones ever done better there…and probably no one will do so in the future.

7-3 vs Texas since their return to the Big 12!! Losing to SMU this year really hurt as they dominated them for years. TCU was a program left for dead in the late-90’s when they weren’t let in to the party that was the Big 12 (SWC/Big 8 merger). He guided them through the Mountain West to Great Heights, eventually that success being the mainreason the school was invited back in after Nebraska left. THAT’S GETTING IT DONE For the whole school and Athletic Dept!!

If he wants another gig, he won’t be unemployed long. That’s why he probably said “see ya!” So he can get the leg up on potential good jobs.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT