ADVERTISEMENT

One of the biggest mistakes Woodson made this year:

I was just shocked that they made two free throws and a lucky 3 at the end. Those are clutch moments those two usually choke. Progress.

Not playing Leal. Letting Kopp and Stewert throw up bricks, play awful D, get suspended, and do video blogs.

Leal will be twice the player as both of them.
Penix sucks this year! Put in Tuttle. Tuttle can't get it done. Put in the freshman. The heralded freshman clearly isn't ready. Put in the walk-on.

Is there a pattern here?

Reactions: kkott
Not playing Leal. Letting Kopp and Stewert throw up bricks, play awful D, get suspended, and do video blogs.

No clue what his preseason program, practices, film sessions, etc…are like. But whatever they all are, the combined results have been very uneven, obviously. There has to be some good stuff going on, as we look really, really good at times.

We usually come out strong most games. which seems to imply they’re well prepared coming into games. We’re solid defensively a lot of the time. That doesn’t happen without solid coaching.

But, we’re very uneven with our ball handling and decision making. We nearly always fade late in games. He had to suspend kids multiple times this year.

Lots of good. Fair bit of bad.

No clue what his preseason program, practices, film sessions, etc…are like. But whatever they all are, the combined results have been very uneven, obviously. There has to be some good stuff going on, as we look really, really good at times.

We usually come out strong most games. which seems to imply they’re well prepared coming into games. We’re solid defensively a lot of the time. That doesn’t happen without solid coaching.

But, we’re very uneven with our ball handling and decision making. We nearly always fade late in games. He had to suspend kids multiple times this year.

Lots of good. Fair bit of bad.
That sounds like a player problem to me.

Reactions: kkott

It’s his first year. It was a long shot that this experiment was going to work and it didn’t work to expectations. Cut your losses get your good freshman recruits and learn from the experience. With a little luck they might actually be a better team next year.

Reactions: bub-rub
It’s his first year. It was a long shot that this experiment was going to work and it didn’t work to expectations. Cut your losses get your good freshman recruits and learn from the experience. With a little luck they might actually be a better team next year.
Obviously who comes back will determine a lot. And then is JHS a real 5 star kid? And will we get any impact transfers?

Gotta assume Parker and Race are gone. TJD will be too. I’ll be surprised if many of the other “seniors” will be back either. I hope X comes back. My gut says Rob will and he won’t. Miller won’t come back I bet.

So, can we get an impact big newcomer? Will JHS play like a 5 star kid? Will Bates make a good leap and play up to his rating?

I don’t think we need a lot of things to fall our way, out of the ordinary, to be better.

Losing TJD and Race will imply we’re different. And it’ll hurt us defensively. But it could open us up offensively. And that could make us better overall. We aren’t great defensively in crunch time anyways. Might as well get some more points?!

Reactions: tbone6004
Texas has 8 transfers..
Longhorns are going to get they're name called selection Sunday...
Woodson will absolutely need the portal again. And actually pickup good players this time..
Or the Hoosiers will be terrible next year..

Reactions: BigMobe
Texas has 8 transfers..
Woodson will absolutely need the portal again. And actually pickup good players this time..
He’ll get a couple good ones, I bet.

Does anyone know if the portal will be as big this year though? Is it still wide open in terms of no sitting out?

Texas has 8 transfers..
He misses the ncaan ext year i dont see how he recovers. Recruiting will be dead.

Reactions: Sobchak_Security

Even when playing pick-up it is pretty easy to figure out who the best players are. If Leal is not seeing more court time there is a reason.

Reactions: kkott and bailey777
Leal might love IU but he will be creaned he already is behind guys as a sophomore and he is not playing over the freshman next year.

Penix sucks this year! Put in Tuttle. Tuttle can't get it done. Put in the freshman. The heralded freshman clearly isn't ready. Put in the walk-on.

Is there a pattern here?
To the defense of some , Penix wasn’t ready or healthy from day 1. But with the O-line, nobody was going to last forever back there.

I don't get what anyone sees in Leal to think he'll be the answer to our problems. Seems like a great team guy, but haven't seen anything on the floor that makes me believe he'll ever be more than a role player. And, that role will be as a knockdown shooter which I haven't seen either. Their length presented problems for our smaller perimeter guys, of which Leal is one, and he's not shown himself to be a true knockdown shooter to me. Galloway I think has proven he can play at this level, but the jury on Leal is still out to me, and I think he's a bit over his head. Don't see him helping us last night, and I guess CMW agreed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT