ADVERTISEMENT

Omicron "variant of concern"

It matters because they’re firing nurses that aren’t vaccinated. They worked through the worst of pandemic and many have natural immunity. So yea it matters the shortage isn’t beds.

Would you want a nurse that isn't smart enough to vaccinate?

Everybody see this? aajohn posted a link that doesn't prove or even mention what he claimed.
Are you not able to see the video clip?

here is the text of what he said. And he’s not the only one.

“One last thing, it's really important is we're not in a position where we think that any virus, including the delta virus, which is much more transmissible and more deadly in terms of non unvaccinated people. The via the the the various shots that people are getting now cover that there you're okay, you're not gonna you're not gonna get covid if you have these vaccinations.”

Last edited:
Would you want a nurse that isn't smart enough to vaccinate?
Smart has nothing to do with getting the vaccine. Those nurses have more experience with Covid than you and you have no business questioning their intelligence.

Edit: I am sure Ben Carson is an idiot in your book. Today he said regular flu is more dangerous than Omicron.

No question they blew that one. They relaxed everything too soon, didn't (couldn't) anticipate Delta, and never imagined the magnitude of the moron problem.
Do you really think that anything / outcome of delta and now Omicron would be different or not happened had it been handled differently?

Last edited:
Would they want to treat a patient stupid enough to not believe that natural immunity exists?

All the ones I know want to treat patients that do everything they can to help themselves, including getting the jab. Not depending on just natural immunity.

After admitting the numbers were accurate as released for the original strain, why do you try to create a false issue by saying they weren't applicable to the variants that came along several months later? No one is claiming they were.

The point was that nobody ever claimed the vaccine was 100% effective in preventing Covid.
What?

They still say the vast majority are unvaccinated. Add in that Delta spread more easily than Alpha.

We might hit this with omicron, if it is half as dangerous but four times easier to spread, what happens?
Hopefully not much happens, right? Hopefully it is part of the final catalyst of hers immunity and then we’re donezo.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Huh? What country is that? Not the USA. 61%, as of today. Much lower in the dumb places. Lots of those 61% need a booster too.
Was it 70% before they opened up to 5-11? We’ll not get good numbers in that group because many think it’s unnecessary (I’m one of them for that age).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: aajohn2000
No question they blew that one. They relaxed everything too soon, didn't (couldn't) anticipate Delta, and never imagined the magnitude of the moron problem.

In other words, they're incompetent? Hard to explain it as a moron problem when you look at what's happening across Europe, Israel, etc.

Edit: I am sure Ben Carson is an idiot in your book. Today he said regular flu is more dangerous than Omicron.

was he talking in totality or among certain age groups? He probably has a young bias since he was a pediatric surgeon iirc

Do you really think that anything / outcome of delta and now Omicron would be different or not happened had it been handled differently?
I really don't honestly and I'm pretty liberal, just got high a moment ago, true. But I think it's all these wackos making the damn thing political that is dragging it on, not doing what was working until they got tired of it and said F it, all is well. Pigs are driving it. Had to go to the Dr. the other day and on the way home saw a line of cars around a Taco Bell and one of them hanging ass out on a very busy street. I mean, wtf, what is wrong with these people that you would want f'n Taco Bell so bad to wait in that and risk causing a traffic accident to feed you fatass self. I found it disgusting. shit if that is the new normal, I might as well move to Kentucky, it is prettier and no more gauche than that what I saw here

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: sglowrider
Lots of asymptomatic infection. Smart. And stats on PARTIAL vaccination are pretty much worthless. If you got one jab 9 months ago and never got the second, you're not vaccinated.

Chances are he's suffering from untreated neurosyphilis judging from his comments. At this point, Covid's the last of his concerns.

was he talking in totality or among certain age groups? He probably has a young bias since he was a pediatric surgeon iirc
I think it might have been a comment made during a discussion about young kids and the vaccine.

After my booster I felt like I had an ear infection coming on so I visited my NP. Her office has been so overrun with walk ins that they are temporarily requiring appointments. She told me during the visit they are testing for flu again and almost all the testing coming back is Flu Type A not Covid.

Pigs are driving it. Had to go to the Dr. the other day and on the way home saw a line of cars around a Taco Bell and one of them hanging ass out on a very busy street. I mean, wtf, what is wrong with these people that you would want f'n Taco Bell so bad to wait in that and risk causing a traffic accident to feed you fatass self.

Daily occurrence at the Starbucks on south Walnut St. Block the entire right lane of the thoroughfare, and back up on the left hand turn lane waiting to get in. The McM's of the world are fvcking nutz.

Regarding the nursing shortage, ICU patient to nurse ratio is normally 1:1 or 2:1 depending on severity. Many hospitals have gone to 3 patients per nurse to try and free up more nurses. Standard hospital care is 5 patients per nurse.

In Indiana there are 755 patients in ICU for COVID according to the dashboard (2067 total capacity times 36.5% filled with COVID). That means even if the hospitals all can use 1 nurse for 3 ICU patients, 100 extra nurses are in use in ICU than would be happening without COVID. 226 extra nurses if they were using the 1 nurse per two patients. Simply put COVID ICU care alone presents a challenge.

And everyone points to the mandate, yet so many more quit because of stress/burnout. The same people who hate the mandate defend with their last breath the decision by people not to get vaccinated, which leads to more ICU cases and more nurses and more burnout. How do you not see the incongruity of “people not getting vaccinated are right” and “it is the stupid mandate causing us to be short”.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I really don't honestly and I'm pretty liberal, just got high a moment ago, true. But I think it's all these wackos making the damn thing political that is dragging it on, not doing what was working until they got tired of it and said F it, all is well. Pigs are driving it. Had to go to the Dr. the other day and on the way home saw a line of cars around a Taco Bell and one of them hanging ass out on a very busy street. I mean, wtf, what is wrong with these people that you would want f'n Taco Bell so bad to wait in that and risk causing a traffic accident to feed you fatass self. I found it disgusting. shit if that is the new normal, I might as well move to Kentucky, it is prettier and no more gauche than that what I saw here

Is that the downtown one? About 10 at night the line there is CRAZY long.

Regarding the nursing shortage, ICU patient to nurse ratio is normally 1:1 or 2:1 depending on severity. Many hospitals have gone to 3 patients per nurse to try and free up more nurses. Standard hospital care is 5 patients per nurse.

In Indiana there are 755 patients in ICU for COVID according to the dashboard (2067 total capacity times 36.5% filled with COVID). That means even if the hospitals all can use 1 nurse for 3 ICU patients, 100 extra nurses are in use in ICU than would be happening without COVID. 226 extra nurses if they were using the 1 nurse per two patients. Simply put COVID ICU care alone presents a challenge.

And everyone points to the mandate, yet so many more quit because of stress/burnout. The same people who hate the mandate defend with their last breath the decision by people not to get vaccinated, which leads to more ICU cases and more nurses and more burnout. How do you not see the incongruity of “people not getting vaccinated are right” and “it is the stupid mandate causing us to be short”.
When you tell experienced nurses they aren’t needed because they aren’t a RN BS…others pay the consequences. Like higher education….too many resources wasted

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Daily occurrence at the Starbucks on south Walnut St. Block the entire right lane of the thoroughfare, and back up on the left hand turn lane waiting to get in. The McM's of the world are fvcking nutz.
Yeah, I think we've seen the same thing

I believe they changed their protocol a couple days ago to stop testing vaxxed players and coaches on a regular basis and move to a random testing schedule. I heard it being compared to drug testing.
Testing asymptomatics is “illogical”. You could enter the testing center negative, get infected by the guy doing the test, and your result would say “Negative” but you’ll be spreading the bug until you next test… Then, how often do you test? Once a month, once a week, once every 10 minutes? Stupid…If you do test “positive” you’ve been spreading the bug for the last 2-10 days anyways, so putting you in quarantine at that point doesn’t do a whole lot to change the infection rate….

Which makes the testing portion of the vaccine mandate mean nothing.
…but, then, govt programs are all about the paper work— making it look like you’re doing something and documenting it—, Nothing to do with actual results or effectiveness.

Testing asymptomatics is “illogical”. You could enter the testing center negative, get infected by the guy doing the test, and your result would say “Negative” but you’ll be spreading the bug until you next test… Then, how often do you test? Once a month, once a week, once every 10 minutes? Stupid…If you do test “positive” you’ve been spreading the bug for the last 2-10 days anyways, so putting you in quarantine at that point doesn’t do a whole lot to change the infection rate….

Which makes the testing portion of the vaccine mandate mean nothing.
…but, then, govt programs are all about the paper work— making it look like you’re doing something and documenting it—, Nothing to do with actual results or effectiveness.
I wonder why the test passenger planes. A Boeing can pass a test and have the part fail as it is leaving the hanger.

In places with cramped spaces, like the meat production plants hammered early in the pandemic, testing makes a hell of a lot of sense. Since it takes a couple days to be infectious, testing every 48 hours would produce meaningful protection.

Of course the meat industry has never shown the slightest care for it's employees. Which only places it marginally below 90% of American business.

An interesting story on how the WHO and CDC got the spread of Sars-cov-2 so wrong.

Short story, scientists had worked a long time on determining if diseases were aerosolized. They had determined that many were up to 100 microns. Another scientist later studied tuberculosis. Tuberculosis must get deep into the lungs to spread and can only do that at sizes less than 5 microns. Suddenly medicine stuck on that 5 micron size, it was applied to all diseases.

So in 2020 the medical community refused to accept that Sars-cov-2 was aerosolized. They refused to push masks because the particle was too big.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT