ADVERTISEMENT

Official Trump/Harris debate commentary thread

Independant fact checker had Trump at 33 lies and Harris at 1 I believe.
In mcm's eyes, that is about equal.

Mcm seems to confuse lies with things he is wrong about or disagrees with. I would love to see mcm's fact check with actual evidence of lying rather than his empty accusations.

Harris wasn’t asked anything. Why were you complicit in concealing Biden’s condition. Why did you support defund and now you don’t? Why were you against fracking but now you are for it. Ucla says that you are the second most liberal senator of this century but now you’re posturing as a moderate. What changed? Why didn’t you take earlier action on the border? What is your policy ttoday

On and on
That is pretty common. When is the last time you recall a politician answer every question they were asked?

Both sides do it. They turn an answer into what they really want to talk about

There's the DBM we know and love. Way to come in with a debate winner tweet that no one with an ounce of brains would believe after last night. You are too much.

Mcm seems to confuse lies with things he is wrong about or disagrees with. I would love to see mcm's fact check with actual evidence of lying rather than his empty accusations.

He also characterizes a shift in position on an issue as a lie. If she has a position even slightly different than she had 20 years ago she is a liar according to him.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
So from reading thru this thread:

Harris’ now goes to 70-30 to win
Trump did turrible…mods weren’t neutral

Was she asked if the economy was better now than when they took office?

Was she asked if she had met Putin?

Reactions: DANC
How do you think a Desantis would have done compared with what we just saw?
He would have destroyed her, which is why he was my pick to begin with.

Full disclosure, I don't have much to add because I didn't watch. I can't stand Harris and I ****ing hate where her party is at. I refuse to vote for then for anything. Flat out. So I am an unwinnable voter for them.

On the other hand, Trump and all the Trump circus around him got old awhile ago. I agree with some of what I think his points are but he is a terrible thought leader. We are going to very possibly be wandering and wondering in the wilderness fo another 4 ****ing years because the GOP has two factions that would rather be right than win. The Never Trumpers and the Trumpers are both equally ****ing annoying in my book. 8 years of having dumbasses like Biden and Harris leading us and it is equally the fault of both.

Should have been Ron. I said that months ago. Hope everyone on the right is happy. Loser ****ing party that could **** up a wet dream.

He would have destroyed her, which is why he was my pick to begin with.

Full disclosure, I don't have much to add because I didn't watch. I can't stand Harris and I ****ing hate where her party is at. I refuse to vote for then for anything. Flat out. So I am an unwinnable voter for them.

On the other hand, Trump and all the Trump circus around him got old awhile ago. I agree with some of what I think his points are but he is a terrible thought leader. We are going to very possibly be wandering and wondering in the wilderness fo another 4 ****ing years because the GOP has two factions that would rather be right than win. The Never Trumpers and the Trumpers are both equally ****ing annoying in my book. 8 years of having dumbasses like Biden and Harris leading us and it is equally the fault of both.

Should have been Ron. I said that months ago. Hope everyone on the right is happy. Loser ****ing party that could **** up a wet dream.

She would have beaten him too but not
catastrophically like that was.

She would have beaten him too but not
catastrophically like that was.
No she wouldn't have. DeSantis would have chewed her up and spit her out. Reading through the thread, most of her wins appeared to be personal shots at Trump. Take away all of the "81 million people fired you" type of stuff and what blows do you think she is landing on him?

The Democrats literally have nothing to run on at this point that isn't provided by Trump. There is no line of attack she has on him that doesn't get turned back on her. Even abortion, his state didn't flat out ban it. He pulls her into a conversation where she is arguing no limits and he is arguing some limits based on what the state wants. That is the only issue she could fight to a standstill with him.

Everything else he hammers her. The crime thing, he wouldn't let it slide that crime is down. That dude would have had receipts that the crime statistics do not include almost every single major Metropolitan area in the country. "We don't know if crime is down anywhere but the vast red swaths across the country because the majority of the areas where your party is locally in control are refusing to share their data."

No she wouldn't have. DeSantis would have chewed her up and spit her out. Reading through the thread, most of her wins appeared to be personal shots at Trump. Take away all of the "81 million people fired you" type of stuff and what blows do you think she is landing on him?

The Democrats literally have nothing to run on at this point that isn't provided by Trump. There is no line of attack she has on him that doesn't get turned back on her. Even abortion, his state didn't flat out ban it. He pulls her into a conversation where she is arguing no limits and he is arguing some limits based on what the state wants. That is the only issue she could fight to a standstill with him.

Everything else he hammers her. The crime thing, he wouldn't let it slide that crime is down. That dude would have had receipts that the crime statistics do not include almost every single major Metropolitan area in the country. "We don't know if crime is down anywhere but the vast red swaths across the country because the majority of the areas where your party is locally in control are refusing to share their data."

You sound like me when UK loses in the tourney and then the team that beats them loses the next game.

You sound like me when UK loses in the tourney and then the team that beats them loses the next game.
So I sound frustrated.

DeSantis or Haley would have metaphorically buried her on that stage last night. You know it and I know it. The party is stupid. The only thing that makes them worthy of support is that their opponents are magnitudes of order worse.

So I sound frustrated.

DeSantis or Haley would have metaphorically buried her on that stage last night. You know it and I know it. The party is stupid. The only thing that makes them worthy of support is that their opponents are magnitudes of order worse.

No. I’m always sure we would have beaten the team that beat the team that beat us.

Harris was brilliant. Pretty much dissected Trump and baited him to go off-message, while still seeming positive and hitting her prepared points. Trump would talk the bait and say crazy stuff that's off-message (and that no normal swing voter can follow since it was right-wing media sphere memes/talking points) instead of going back to what his advisors wanted him to say or answering the moderator questions. He was stumbling into traps all night long.

The contrast in the split-screen was also pretty devastating. And Harris also clearly landed more zingers

Obviously more work for her to do, but she got her big messages across very well and hit her plans (maybe could have hammered them a little more).

Styles make fights and she was a hard counter to Trump.

So I sound frustrated.

No. I’m always sure we would have beaten the team that beat the team that beat us.
This is a dumb argument to have. Harris did very well last night. She was clearly prepared and executed her game plan. There's no reason to think she'd be incapable of the same execution against any opponent.

On the other hand, her game plan was only available to her because of Trump. It might have been harder for her to prepare for a different opponent.

Long story short, neither of you has any idea who would have won in a hypothetical Harris-Desantis debate.

This is a dumb argument to have. Harris did very well last night. She was clearly prepared and executed her game plan. There's no reason to think she'd be incapable of the same execution against any opponent.

On the other hand, her game plan was only available to her because of Trump. It might have been harder for her to prepare for a different opponent.

Long story short, neither of you has any idea who would have won in a hypothetical Harris-Desantis debate.

That’s what I’m saying. No way to know how some hypothetical debate would have gone. With two competent debaters it would most likely have been how it usually is., both sides making reasonable claims of victory.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Harris was brilliant. Pretty much dissected Trump and baited him to go off-message, while still seeming positive and hitting her prepared points. Trump would talk the bait and say crazy stuff that's off-message (and that no normal swing voter can follow since it was right-wing media sphere memes/talking points) instead of going back to what his advisors wanted him to say or answering the moderator questions. He was stumbling into traps all night long.

The contrast in the split-screen was also pretty devastating. And Harris also clearly landed more zingers

Obviously more work for her to do, but she got her big messages across very well and hit her plans (maybe could have hammered them a little more).

Styles make fights and she was a hard counter to Trump.
Brilliant?

She lied about Project 2025
She lied about Trump signing a national abortion ban
She lied about Charlottesville
She lied about the Bloodbath
She lied about the day one Dictator

That was all designed, she was effective with her dishonesty. Trump responded as she hoped, and the lies were effective. I wouldn’t call it brilliant

Trump was Trump. He mucked up some important issues that would have given her problems.

That’s what I’m saying. No way to know how some hypothetical debate would have gone. With two competent debaters it would most likely have been how it usually is., both sides making reasonable claims of victory.
Hell. I cudda kicked her ass last night. Any articulate Republican could have. we know her history. She didn’t receive a single Democratic vote in 2020, for good reasons, she is a moron. Last night didn’t change that.

More than two thirds of us believe the country is in the wrong track, she offered nothing to fix anything. At least Trump mumbled about his record.

Think about the substance she delivered. There isn’t any. She has a record that she never mentioned or modified. How would energy, the Middle East. Ukraine, the border of inflation improve with her calling the shots? I’ll wait.

Last edited:
So from reading thru this thread:

Harris’ now goes to 70-30 to win
Trump did turrible…mods weren’t neutral

Was she asked if the economy was better now than when they took office?

Was she asked if she had met Putin?
I wish she was asked if the economy was better than when Biden/Harris took office. It's like Trump supporters have a total blind spot to what was happening in the world in 2020/21 and what impact that had on the economy.

Hell. I cudda kicked her as last night. Any articulate Republican could have. we know her history. She didn’t receive a single Democratic vote in 2020, for good reasons, she is a moron. Last night didn’t change that.

More than two thirds of us believe the country is in the wrong track, she offered nothing to fix anything. At least Trump mumbled about his record.

Think about the substance she delivered. There isn’t any. She has a record that she never mentioned or modified. How would energy, the Middle East. Ukraine, the border of inflation improve with her calling the shots? I’ll wait.

No you couldn’t have.

Hell. I cudda kicked her as last night. Any articulate Republican could have. we know her history. She didn’t receive a single Democratic vote in 2020, for good reasons, she is a moron. Last night didn’t change that.

You should go back and watch her debate with Pence. She did very well in that and had a similar performance last night.

Also, as a lawyer yourself, I'm kind of shocked that you'd call someone who reached a fairly high point in your profession a moron.

Reactions: IU_Hickory and Fro
So I sound frustrated.

Desantis is a dope that is 💯 unlikeable. I don't think he is a particularly good debater. Nikki Haley, however, is very good and would have cleaned Harris' clock.

In full disclosure, i would have voted for Haley had she gotten the nomination. She is actually likable. The Geezers like Trump and Biden need to go away.

Desantis is a dope that is 💯 unlikeable. I don't think he is a particularly good debater. Nikki Haley, however, is very good and would have cleaned Harris' clock.

In full disclosure, i would have voted for Haley had she gotten the nomination. She is actually likable. The Geezers like Trump and Biden need to go away.

Desantis is Vance. Just weird and come across as the guy in high school everyone avoided.

Reactions: Mark Milton
Brilliant?

She lied about Project 2025
She lied about Trump signing a national abortion ban
She lied about Charlottesville
She lied about the Bloodbath
She lied about the day one Dictator

That was all designed, she was effective with her dishonesty. Trump responded as she hoped, and the lies were effective. I wouldn’t call it brilliant

Trump was Trump. He mucked up some important issues that would have given her problems.
  • Project 2025 has tons of connections to Trumpworld even if Trump's campaign has "disowned" it since it's so unpopular. Trump's administration would end up implementing some of it if they win, like they did with all sorts of other Heritage Foundation things in his first term.
  • The national abortion ban comment got Trump to waffle and not commit to vetoing a national abortion ban.
  • The last three are all typical "politician/political campaign lies" where the quotes are legit, but taken out of their context. Probably tens of thousands of examples of the GOP doing that over the last 30 years.
She executed what she had planned/prepped with her campaign very well. Biden fell flat on his face constantly in June trying to do the same things.

That is pretty common. When is the last time you recall a politician answer every question they were asked?

Both sides do it. They turn an answer into what they really want to talk about
You can’t read. She wasn’t asked. That’s the point. Not what she answered stupid

You're so old and lost.

You should go back and watch her debate with Pence. She did very well in that and had a similar performance last night.

Also, as a lawyer yourself, I'm kind of shocked that you'd call someone who reached a fairly high point in your profession a moron.
She was excellent and so much better than Hillary Clinton eight years ago. She came across as prepared, confident, strong, presidential and likable, in stark contrast to the angry old man a few feet away. Her ability to get under his skin and have him take the bait time after time was masterful.

This was Trump's last best chance to regain the momentum and change the narrative. He failed miserably. Pubs need to now focus on down-ballot races. This one's over.

Project 2025 has tons of connections to Trumpworld
Connections? You mean some people worked on both. Thats not a connection.

Trump's administration would end up implementing some of it if they win,
Of course. The damn thing is so big any GOP administration would find some common ground.
The national abortion ban comment got Trump to waffle and not commit to vetoing a national abortion ban.
Trump was mostly right here. Congress has no authority to either pass a national ban or pass a national approval. Congress can’t pass Roe v Wade.
  • The last three are all typical "politician/political campaign lies" where the quotes are legit, but taken out of their context. Probably tens of thousands of examples of the GOP doing that over the last 30 years.
Maybe. That’s not brilliance.

She was excellent and so much better than Hillary Clinton eight years ago. She came across as prepared, confident, strong, presidential and likable, in stark contrast to the angry old man a few feet away. Her ability to get under his skin and have him take the bait time after time was masterful.

This was Trump's last best chance to regain the momentum and change the narrative. He failed miserably. Pubs need to now focus on down-ballot races. This one's over.

I'm not counting any chickens yet. 90% of people won't be changing their minds regardless of debate performance. And since popular vote doesn't matter in this country, Trump still has a chance if the EC falls right.

I just want you to stop being driven by emotion. You’re ignoring some pretty glaring faults on the other side
I know you’re driven by emotion. Why do you want to remind me of that?
I just want you to stop being driven by emotion. You’re ignoring some pretty glaring faults on the other side
LOL! Any objective person watching last night saw how horribly unfit Trump is to be President.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT