ADVERTISEMENT

Official Trump/Harris debate commentary thread

The only concerts we got within driving distance (Evansville) were those bands.
Same here .. when a teen I had a friend who was a promoter for Sunshine Promotions and another who was a local disc jockey. I played in a band with the DJ. So my buds and I all had backstage passes to almost every show throughout the early/mid 80s into the early 90s. Most were shit acts but I did get to hear SRV (sober) in an acoustically sound auditorium and BB King play a show in an old movie theatre. I actually met BB .. I'm not really a fan of his, he only plays five notes.. lol

Trump brought up immigration in probably half his answers. That is a strong issue for him and I’m sure it was planned.

But yeah, Harris was well prepped and she pulled off a good performance. But she lied her ass off about more important things than crowd shit.
She lied nonstop. But she’s younger. More coherent. More disciplined. Etc.

Trump brought up immigration in probably half his answers. That is a strong issue for him and I’m sure it was planned.

But yeah, Harris was well prepped and she pulled off a good performance. But she lied her ass off about more important things than crowd shit.

She was wrong about unemployment at the end of Trump’s presidency.

We've long ago learned that rampant lying is irrelevant.

Oh get off it. She lied non stop too. Abortion. Project 2025. You sound like a moron
LOL! I just saw Trump in a quick interview after the debate saying polls showed that 96% said he won, and others were 80 something. None say this. Are you OK with this kind of lying from a Presidential candidate? I’m not.

• Haha
Reactions: twenty02
LOL! I just saw Trump in a quick interview after the debate saying polls showed that 96% said he won, and others were 80 something. None say this. Are you OK with this kind of lying from a Presidential candidate? I’m not.
Are you okay with a candidate lying about national policy issues? Misrepresenting what others say to garner votes in her own self interest. I’m not. But I’m objective. I’ve argued cases. I understand arguments. Sticking to the merits. You make emotional decisions based on personal animus. You’re letting your emotions guide you.

Today compared with 2016 is a pretty big gulf. He was horrible in 2020, but that was the worst debate in modern US history. He was basically equally bad in June, but Biden's self immolation stole the show, so it didn't get much attention.
Those that don’t think he’s in mental decline that happens with old age are in denial. It’s obvious now.

Reactions: Indyhorn
Today compared with 2016 is a pretty big gulf. He was horrible in 2020, but that was the worst debate in modern US history. He was basically equally bad in June, but Biden's self immolation stole the show, so it didn't get much attention.
I don’t recall his Hillary debates being so great. But he was still a novelty at that time and the whole country thought he get smeared.

Yeah I saw that too... He just makes shit up to an incredible degree. Said we left $85B in brand new equipment in Afghanistan! Holy hell.

We only transferred $17b in equipment to the Afghans over a 20 years period. The high ball estimate was that $7b in used equipment remained. But Trump just pulls $85b of brand new shiny equipment out of the air.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Independant fact checker had Trump at 33 lies and Harris at 1 I believe.
Harris wasn’t asked anything. Why were you complicit in concealing Biden’s condition. Why did you support defund and now you don’t? Why were you against fracking but now you are for it. Ucla says that you are the second most liberal senator of this century but now you’re posturing as a moderate. What changed? Why didn’t you take earlier action on the border? What is your policy ttoday

On and on

Reactions: DANC
Desantis would have pinned her on her lies, record, flip flops. Trump gets triggered and goes off on rambling tirades that only hurt him. She played him. That wouldn’t have happened with Desantis

Trump’s like a bull reacting to a red cape. But I think he’s wholly incapable of seeing anything he does or says as misguided.

Virtually anybody else who would take the bait like he does would almost instantly recognize the error and be vigilant against falling into similar traps.

His brain lacks that firewall.

Trump’s like a bull reacting to a red cape. But I think he’s wholly incapable of seeing anything he does or says as misguided.

Virtually anybody else who would take the bait like he does would almost instantly recognize the error and be vigilant against falling into similar traps.

Aka……,a sociopath

I’ve belabored it to death but it’s clearly narcissistic personality disorder

Dude that's no difference than he's been for years. This isn't a bad night, this is just normal, regular Trump. 8 years ago at least he was occasionally funny. But that's been gone for a long while. He's now just old and angry and crazy.
His sycophants know that his constant lying about the size of his rallies undermines his credibility. This is why to believe, or pretend to believe that he’s telling the truth. This is a Doctoral dissertation waiting to happen.

Last edited:
I enjoy watching the focus groups of undecided voters. Those people are a special kind of stupid. If they had an ounce of self awareness, they wouldn’t embarrass themselves in public. At least the stoopids on here are mostly anonymous.
what’s their impression?

In fairness we have more evidence now
I pay way more attention to this shit than I should.. But seemed very obvious to me from the very beginning that something was seriously off. I know another person just like that personally that I've done some business with. They can be charming initially, but over time they burn absolutely every bridge they touch. And then you just sit back and watch it happen over and over again with new people that come into the orbit.

Eventually everyone realizes they are just fkn crazy and to stay away.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT