ADVERTISEMENT

Occasional poster...

h20pls

Senior
Jun 12, 2002
but clearly I missed something.

Peegs' made some changes and it appears no one posts at his site any more (at least on the free boards).

Without respect to occasional lapses in decorum...the conversations on this site and its forums are very lively.

There are no conversations at the other site.

What did I miss

Peegs' made some changes and it appears no one posts at his site any more (at least on the free boards).

Without respect to occasional lapses in decorum...the conversations on this site and its forums are very lively.

What did I miss

The "old" format here - which allowed for "topic view" AND "thread view" - combined with large number of "free" board posters - was the best for generating a community that engaged in slow-motion internet "conversations."

But when the concept of "user friendly" and "give the customer what they want" and "if it ain't broke - don't fix it" died, and got replaced by "change electronic stuff because it'll be really cool for folks with Masters degrees in computer stuff, so screw the users" - things got worse.

The format for posts at Scout sites sucks. It was apparently designed to prove that things can ALWAYS get worse. (Allegedly the merger of Scout and 24/7 is producing a new format doling out soon. I'd bet the user will get ignored again so some 19 year old computer genius can show off.)

Anyway, the old "community" built on the "old" format busted up after Peegs moved from Rivals to Scout. Some new sites took a few. Many moved to Scout. Many stayed here. Etc.

Change.

I have always been a member of both Rivals and Scout.

I post here because I'm a smart-ass and this place is/was the online fraternity of IU smart-ass posters.

The hard-liners sometimes take the insults too far, and newbies rarely understand the "don't take it personal" rules.

But the OTF is still worthy.
Post away.
I'll call you an insulting name if that helps.

Last edited:
The "old" format here - which allowed for "topic view" AND "thread view" - combined with large number of "free" board posters - was the best for generating a community that engaged in slow-motion internet "conversations."

But when the concept of "user friendly" and "give the customer what they want" and "if it ain't broke - don't fix it" died, and got replaced by "change electronic stuff because it'll be really cool for folks with Masters degrees in computer stuff, so screw the users" - things got worse.

The format for posts at Scout sites sucks. It was apparently designed to prove that things can ALWAYS get worse. (Allegedly the merger of Scout and 24/7 is producing a new format doling out soon. I'd bet the user will get ignored again so some 19 year old computer genius can show off.)

Anyway, the old "community" built on the "old" format busted up after Peegs moved from Rivals to Scout. Some new sites took a few. Many moved to Scout. Many stayed here. Etc.

Change.

I post here because I'm a smart-ass and this place is/was the online fraternity of IU smart-ass posters.

The hard-liners sometimes take the insults too far, and newbies rarely understand the "don't take it personal" rules.

Post away.
I'll call you an insulting name if that has!
Don't listen to MTIOTF, he's full of shit.

Change.

Post away.
I'll call you an insulting name if that has!
I literally don't recall my password is over at scout. For some reason it is not the same as here. I guess I could get a new password sent to my email,but very few people post over there so I wonder, "why the bother?".

I literally don't recall my password is over at scout. For some reason it is not the same as here. I guess I could get a new password sent to my email,but very few people post over there so I wonder, "why the bother?".
wgaff ... why do you constantly post stupid boring shit?

Oh, yea, because you're stupid and boring..

wgaff ... why do you constantly post stupid boring shit?

Oh, yea, because you're stupid and boring..

giphy.gif

Change.

Post away.
I'll call you an insulting name if that helps.

I'm surprised that 'thread view' vs 'topic view' has caused such a disturbance in the force around here. The discussion of trump caused a much greater ripple than Thread v Topic.

there was a time when the Hoosier Nation scout site was pretty active, (the Mike Davis era iirc), and it made for a nice alt place for discussions.

it had an active late night posting group which was nice, because Peegs/rivals was really dead at night. (and still is).

how it just fell off a cliff to absolute zero is somewhat a wtf.

and the "Peegs" tag obviously didn't help a lick.

kind of sad to see what happened to that place.

What did I miss
It 'Bloomed'

there was a time when the Hoosier Nation scout site was pretty active, (the Mike Davis era iirc), and it made for a nice alt place for discussions.

it had an active late night posting group which was nice, because Peegs/rivals was really dead at night. (and still is).

how it just fell off a cliff to absolute zero is somewhat a wtf.

and the "Peegs" tag obviously didn't help a lick.

kind of sad to see what happened to that place.

The Hoosier Nation scout site had a big falling out years back amongst active users. Most of the regulars went and started their own board, Hoosier Sports Nation....I was on there before ever here. Then the hosting cost got to be too much for the guy who started it....so they folded into 247. At least a good many of them are still at 247. It's still pretty active.

Some others went to Btown Banners, which also has a very active board.

All are superior to the Peegs/Scout dump.

The Hoosier Nation scout site had a big falling out years back amongst active users. Most of the regulars went and started their own board, Hoosier Sports Nation....I was on there before ever here. Then the hosting cost got to be too much for the guy who started it....so they folded into 247. At least a good many of them are still at 247. It's still pretty active.

Some others went to Btown Banners, which also has a very active board.

All are superior to the Peegs/Scout dump.

6c5d6f1b9fbc6c1e458dba54d8cc828cea56185270db86a8c3f0deddf7a715a8.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT