ADVERTISEMENT

That illusive "Red Wave"...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Hannity said on his show the other night that he couldn't remember where the rumor of a "red wave" started...

WAPO decided to refresh his memory....

Now for possible reasons why it didn't materialize, we take you to this article from the Erie Times News (PA) interacting with swing voters. In 2016 Northampton Co (and PA) went for Trump andseveral down ballot GOP candidates benefited from his coattails. By 2018 they repudiated those folks, and in 2020 they threw Trump himself out of office. These are the swingiest of "swing voters" and the reporters characterize this as a "bellweather county"...

In 2022, they graded Biden a D, but still voted for Dems statewide and for the first time since the 1840s, PA will have a Dem Governor and TWO Dem Senators. They elected their first Black Lt Governor ever, and for the first time in a decade the PA Statehouse will be controlled by Dems...

What's interesting is that Dems/Biden were roundly criticized and scoffed at on this board for focusing on Trump, Threats to Democracy and Abortion. But if independent swing voters like these in Northampton Co are any indication, it would seem that Biden's political instincts were right on target. These were huge issues for voters in this inflation ravaged county where inflation was the top concern for voters at 51% but the preservation of democracy was a close second at 44%.

The greatest gift PA Dems had was Trump's mouth and Mastriano heading the ticket. Mastriano wasn't just an outspoken election denier, he was an active participant in the festivities on Jan6, though he maintains he never entered the Capitol. Just like he never accepted Biden's win in 2020, he hasn't concede to Shapiro yet, despite the thumping PA voters gave him...

This sore loser mentality from Trump, Mastriano and others didn't appear to sit well with swing voters...And while this board's right wing seems comfortable with some of the GOP's move to the far right, it clearly bothered swing voters in PA...

"Conversations with dozens of voters tell the story of why. For many, it was distaste for former President Donald Trump and wariness of a Republican Party many feel has moved too far to the right on issues such as Christian nationalism, human rights and conspiracy theories."

Mastriano heading the ticket brought those troubling issues right to the forefront...

"Dozens of voters who talked to USA TODAY revealed they are often not single-issue voters, party loyalists or easy to predict. Some didn't make up their minds until they cast their ballots. For some, they weren't so much casting a ballot for someone but voting against someone else: Donald Trump."

Hannity said on his show the other night that he couldn't remember where the rumor of a "red wave" started...

Now for possible reasons why it didn't materialize, we take you to this article from the Erie Times News (PA) interacting with swing voters. In 2016 Northampton Co (and PA) went for Trump andseveral down ballot GOP candidates benefited from his coattails. By 2018 they repudiated those folks, and in 2020 they threw Trump himself out of office. These are the swingiest of "swing voters" and the reporters characterize this as a "bellweather county"...

In 2022, they graded Biden a D, but still voted for Dems statewide and for the first time since the 1840s, PA will have a Dem Governor and TWO Dem Senators. They elected their first Black Lt Governor ever, and for the first time in a decade the PA Statehouse will be controlled by Dems...

What's interesting is that Dems/Biden were roundly criticized and scoffed at on this board for focusing on Trump, Threats to Democracy and Abortion. But if independent swing voters like these in Northampton Co are any indication, it would seem that Biden's political instincts were right on target. These were huge issues for voters in this inflation ravaged county where inflation was the top concern for voters at 51% but the preservation of democracy was a close second at 44%.

The greatest gift PA Dems had was Trump's mouth and Mastriano heading the ticket. Mastriano wasn't just an outspoken election denier, he was an active participant in the festivities on Jan6, though he maintains he never entered the Capitol. Just like he never accepted Biden's win in 2020, he hasn't concede to Shapiro yet, despite the thumping PA voters gave him...

This sore loser mentality from Trump, Mastriano and others didn't appear to sit well with swing voters...And while this board's right wing seems comfortable with some of the GOP's move to the far right, it clearly bothered swing voters in PA...

"Conversations with dozens of voters tell the story of why. For many, it was distaste for former President Donald Trump and wariness of a Republican Party many feel has moved too far to the right on issues such as Christian nationalism, human rights and conspiracy theories."

Mastriano heading the ticket brought those troubling issues right to the forefront...

"Dozens of voters who talked to USA TODAY revealed they are often not single-issue voters, party loyalists or easy to predict. Some didn't make up their minds until they cast their ballots. For some, they weren't so much casting a ballot for someone but voting against someone else: Donald Trump."

The Hill regarding the GA run-off: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate...ars-another-trump-disaster-in-georgia-runoff/

Herschel with Laura sounding particularly dumb.

"I'm fighting for the people of GA"- although more people in GA voted against me than for me. Doesn't appear he's particularly fighting for the Black people of GA, who voted overwhelmingly against him...

He's not particularly popular with the non-white people of Wrightsville, and a lot of people in GA consider him more of a Texan these days...

Also love how he keeps saying the Dems are trying to "buy" the seat, which is actually a Dem seat. Or how he attempts to differentiate between the "evil" Abrams "vote harvesting machine" and the enthusiastic Kemp turn out the vote effort.

Will this fool concede gracefully, or whine like Trump?

Herschel with Laura sounding particularly dumb.

"I'm fighting for the people of GA"- although more people in GA voted against me than for me. Doesn't appear he's particularly fighting for the Black people of GA, who voted overwhelmingly against him...

He's not particularly popular with the non-white people of Wrightsville, and a lot of people in GA consider him more of a Texan these days...

Also love how he keeps saying the Dems are trying to "buy" the seat, which is actually a Dem seat. Or how he attempts to differentiate between the "evil" Abrams "vote harvesting machine" and the enthusiastic Kemp turn out the vote effort.

Will this fool concede gracefully, or whine like Trump?

This is a fun video to watch

This is a fun video to watch

So can somebody who understands idiocy explain the reasoning these 2 morons are using here?

Are they saying a runoff in GA (where it's a remnant of Jim Crow legislation) is actually fair, but ranked choice voting in AK (where IIRC it was actually voted on by the citizens) isn't? And why in the world is it "unfair" for Dems in AK to vote for Murkowski if the final choice is down to Murkowski and the Trumper with the name I can't spell?

Are they advocating for a rerun of the GOP Primary in the general election?

So can somebody who understands idiocy explain the reasoning these 2 morons are using here?

Are they saying a runoff in GA (where it's a remnant of Jim Crow legislation) is actually fair, but ranked choice voting in AK (where IIRC it was actually voted on by the citizens) isn't? And why in the world is it "unfair" for Dems in AK to vote for Murkowski if the final choice is down to Murkowski and the Trumper with the name I can't spell?

Their reasoning: if you ain't for me, you're agin me. They want all process issues to favor their desired results. It's a flaw in their understanding of democracy.

I hope you have a lot of tissues lying around - or laid a tarp down - before you started this thread and then jerked throughout it. You’ve gotta be a mess by now!

While turned out not to be a red wave, it instead became a Hydrocarbon Coal Wave.

No matter if the Democrats win the last two seats or not, doesn't Manchin still have his veto power?

Imagine -- Manchin represents a state of 1.7 million people, barely bigger than Phoenix or Philly and gets to veto everything that he doesn't like. What a jerk.

One of my best friends lives in Rincon, GA. He voted for the Libertarian (whoever that was), but said there is no way in hell he will vote for Walker in the runoff.
Chase Oliver was the Libertarian candidate.

So your buddy has a choice . . . vote for Warnock or stay home. Which do you think he'll do?

So your buddy has a choice . . . vote for Warnock or stay home. Which do you think he'll do?
Skippers are a big problem Herschel will have to overcome. Thousands of Kemp voters just chose not to vote for anyone in the Senate race- they just skipped it. Not sure what, if any ,incentive there is for many of these same voters to go out and vote for Herschel when they already had the chance just to mark him on their ballot the first time.

I hope you have a lot of tissues lying around - or laid a tarp down - before you started this thread and then jerked throughout it. You’ve gotta be a mess by now!

Yeah, Cosmic is having his fun. Seems like the rest of us have avoided getting too excited. Can you imagine what we would have seen from the likes of bailey and dbm if there truly had been a Red Wave?

He is voting for Warnock, because the idea of Walker as a US Senator is completely absurd to him.

He’s an anti-abortion Catholic married to an Evangelical Christian woman, but is pretty socially liberal in general. He’s one of the smartest people I know. Chemistry major at DePauw.

He would definitely have voted Republican, had the candidate been someone with any degree of competence.

Reactions: Sope Creek
Yeah, Cosmic is having his fun. Seems like the rest of us have avoided getting too excited. Can you imagine what we would have seen from the likes of bailey and dbm if there truly had been a Red Wave?
To be fair, Ranger may have come down on Bailey and dbm too. He's been sort of even handed during this campaign . . . .

He is voting for Warnock, because the idea of Walker as a US Senator is completely absurd to him.

He’s an anti-abortion Catholic married to an Evangelical Christian woman, but is pretty socially liberal in general. He’s one of the smartest people I know. Chemistry major at DePauw.

He would definitely have voted Republican, had the candidate been someone with any degree of competence.
ATO?

Their reasoning: if you ain't for me, you're agin me. They want all process issues to favor their desired results. It's a flaw in their understanding of democracy.
Exactly. Here's Kari (Cry me a River) Lake whining about the fact that Katie Hobbs didn't recuse herself from her role as Sec of State once she announced for Governor...

Of course Tucks encourages her, with his subtle implications that this is improper and or unprecedented. Tuck gives his audience no credit for common sense or the ability to detect bullshit, and maybe he's right...

But the hypocrisy meter for even someone of average intelligence should be off the charts on this one. Do they think that with all of their attacks on Abrams for her comments regarding the 2018 GA Governor's race that we'd all forget that Kemp was the Sec of State in GA, working in cahoots with a GOP controlled legislature when he ran for Governor in 2018?

No out burst from Tucks over that. And when Abrams complained about the purge which Kemp put in place that removed potential voters for his opponent from the voter rolls, I don't remember any of the same sympathy towards her that he soothes Kari with here. Tucker is truly a sniveling little prick...

One of my best friends lives in Rincon, GA. He voted for the Libertarian (whoever that was), but said there is no way in hell he will vote for Walker in the runoff.
But is he going to vote at all in the runoff?

But is he going to vote at all in the runoff?
Yes, for Warnock because, although abortion is a huge issue for him, the idea of Walker in the US Senate is beyond insane.

If Walker doesn’t have CTE, he’s a bald faced liar, can’t string a single coherent sentence together, and is just…weird.

The closest Walker should get to the US Senate is on a tour.

Yes, for Warnock because, although abortion is a huge issue for him, the idea of Walker in the US Senate is beyond insane.

If Walker doesn’t have CTE, he’s a bald faced liar, can’t string a single coherent sentence together, and is just…weird.

Where’s your opinion of Biden? Fetterman really good at stringing sentence’s together is he?🙄

Maybe if Walker didn’t pay for so many abortions he’d have had enough votes to win and not have a runoff.

Maybe if Walker didn’t pay for so many abortions he’d have had enough votes to win and not have a runoff.
Which in the judgement of most of his voters makes him a mass murderer of his own children! He’s a filicidal maniac!*

*Except in cases of potential Republican senatorial pickups in US politics. That’s where god gives it two thumbs up!

Gotta love religious conviction! I think it was our local pastor, VPM, who blamed Democrats (incorrectly, as usual) of “For me but not for thee” politics.

Whew, this one’s a whopper…and if we’re to believe their Bronze Age storybook, they need to remember God is watching them in the voting booth.

Last edited:
Which in the judgement of most of his voters makes him a mass murderer of his own children! He’s a filicidal maniac!*

*Except in cases of potential Republican senatorial pickups in US politics. That’s where god gives it two thumbs up!

Gotta love religious conviction! I think it was our local pastor, VPM, who blamed Democrats (incorrectly, as usual) of “For me but not for thee” politics.

Whew, this one’s a whopper…and if we’re to believe their Bronze Age storybook, they need to remember God is watching them in the voting booth.
Republican/conservative principles are very fluid.

Republican/conservative principles are very fluid.
It’s almost like the transgender bathroom issue. They want to use Satan if he’s useful, but still want to go to Heaven. Next thing you know, demons are going to be in heaven willy-nilly fondling angels!

It’s almost like the transgender bathroom issue. They want to use Satan if he’s useful, but still want to go to Heaven. Next thing you know, demons are going to be in heaven willy-nilly fondling angels!
Pretty sure I’ve seen that in a video somewhere.

Reactions: DrHoops
I cant watch that enough....OMG....Love watching Jesse Watters step on his own di*k over,,,and over...and over LOL
I hope these people didn’t elect republicans to govern. Sounds like they’ll have trouble selecting a speaker of the house. But balance!

Reactions: bigmac76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT