ADVERTISEMENT

Newton

I was just going to post something like this. What is the injury? ACL would be healed by now. The other injuries- MCL, meniscus, patella dislocation, bone fracture - would be healed. I am not sure I can even think of what is so unhealing of a problem for him.
Has to be emotionally hard for him. Hope somehow he can get better, just for himself let alone a basketball career.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
“Potential energy is useless until kinetic.” ~ Maurice “Mo” Creek
No clue if he fits this bill or not...but Newton can bring a ton of value to this team as a motivating and leadership presence in the locker room, on the bench, in huddles, etc... He seems to have some of the Vic Vibe to him. If he can impact any of our players with his mindset, and approach, he can help this team win more games.

So..."useless" doesn't have to apply if he isn't able to play.

Am I missing something? Newton's comments appeared positive. Woody did not indicate he was 100% but didn't imply that there is something still seriously wrong, either.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
No clue if he fits this bill or not...but Newton can bring a ton of value to this team as a motivating and leadership presence in the locker room, on the bench, in huddles, etc... He seems to have some of the Vic Vibe to him. If he can impact any of our players with his mindset, and approach, he can help this team win more games.

So..."useless" doesn't have to apply if he isn't able to play.
Perhaps I was being a bit harsh in my assessment. Okay, then Imagine, if you will, a Newton doing all those verbal “rah-rah” things in the locker room and beyond you speak of ALONG WITH the full expenditure of energy through the musculature of his extremities. Now, that’s the total package promised in the perfect world of Nirvana.

I think his initial injury may have been mishandled and we're working through that. There has been a couple small set backs and a lot of precautionary steps taken this year. When he's 75% he's very explosive in non-contact stuff. You can see he's athleticly in Carlyles class, but with the lateral stop and go stuff there's inflammation and concern. I'm not for sure what procedures have been done. If we're talking about a significant degradation of cartilage then we have a problem. If it's scar tissue we're working with from previous procedures and fixing that, then we may be close.

Perhaps I was being a bit harsh in my assessment. Okay, then Imagine, if you will, a Newton doing all those verbal “rah-rah” things in the locker room and beyond you speak of ALONG WITH the full expenditure of energy through the musculature of his extremities. Now, that’s the total package promised in the perfect world of Nirvana.
Ha ha...for sure. I hope we get to see it at some point. I've been very open that I think he has that "it factor". Whether he plays or not, I think he has it. I hope he gets to show it on the court though.

Ha ha...for sure. I hope we get to see it at some point. I've been very open that I think he has that "it factor". Whether he plays or not, I think he has it. I hope he gets to show it on the court though.
“By the time Newton makes it back on the court he will already be a legend, with a reputation that precedes his presence.” ~ Ivan Renko

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT