ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Oats

I read the Wikipedia write up on him (I know the go to for factual sources). I liked his coaching history and success at his high school stop in Detroit. His record was 222-52 in 11 seasons. That is impressive. You can't deny his success at Buffalo either. Also, if he can win at Alabama then he can win at IU. I know Alabama is a football school, but it is a Power 5 conference. I'd give him a shot if IU called him.

Which blows my mind, because nothing is going to change from this year, or the last 3, to next year. It will be the same old bs.
It’s a money thing. 1 more year. Then they either extend his contract or cut him loose. That’s pretty much standard practice and I don’t expect IU to buck that trend. It’s 100% this year and goes to 50% next year.

It’s a money thing. 1 more year. Then they either extend his contract or cut him loose. That’s pretty much standard practice and I don’t expect IU to buck that trend. It’s 100% this year and goes to 50% next year.
They will have to extend him after this year if they are going to keep him. You can't recruit with only 3 years on your contract.

Are you a Peegs member? Some illuminating info in chat on Monday in regards to thoughts about money and Archie. IMO, if we fail to make the tournament he is gone.

They will have to extend him after this year if they are going to keep him. You can't recruit with only 3 years on your contract.

Are you a Peegs member? Some illuminating info in chat on Monday in regards to thoughts about money and Archie. IMO, if we fail to make the tournament he is gone.
They will have to extend him to keep him? This is dumber than dumb, even for you. Lol

Reactions: Radio Zero

I think it's going to be pretty hard to miss the dance this year due to COVID but Archie certainly appears up to the task.

Did you see the deal he got, as well who gave it to him? You have absolutely no clue about this stuff. Not. One. Clue.
Yea, he got half the salary guaranteed as previous years and a significantly smaller buyout. They had to extend him or fire him. It’s really that simple. IU has to either extend or fire Archie after this year. The extension could come with a reduced salary and lower buyout, but it will happen if IU keeps him. He will be fired though.

Yea, he got half the salary guaranteed as previous years and a significantly smaller buyout. They had to extend him or fire him. It’s really that simple. IU has to either extend or fire Archie after this year. The extension could come with a reduced salary and lower buyout, but it will happen if IU keeps him. He will be fired though.
Of course you didn’t understand how Harbaugh’s extension came about, or who gave it to him. Thanks for acknowledging your ignorance yet again.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Which blows my mind, because nothing is going to change from this year, or the last 3, to next year. It will be the same old bs.
Doesn't blow mine at all. It's likely this year could get cancelled altogether and next may still be compromised in some way by new strains of COVID or vaccine not being the panacea everybody wants, or supply and distribution of it.

Better to drain bad players off and not have to hire someone to do that Creaning coming in, or pay more for that option. It's uncharted waters, and when the results may not matter, why move until you know they do. I'm OK with another year if we already know it's going to suck and we're not buying somebody out as much to again suck in perpetuity. Thorough search, and do you want to win? needs to guide them.

Under normal circumstances! Do you really think they want to gamble on returning to glory next year when really they couldn't hire ANYBODY to do that, and those we might suspect could do that turn, under again normal circumstances, would want this rebuild. Anybody worthy would probably not want to deal with COVID and at best, hopefully the same shit managed roster.

Who would the great Dan Dakich hire? We're waiting for the solution.
Dan usually hits and runs. He doesn't stoop to having meaningful engagements with other IU fans.

But, when Dakich did a game in AM's first year, he said they shouldn't have fired Crean...but that since they did, they should have hired Steve Alford. So, that's probably where he'd go again.

I think another "hot guy" is perfect...no need for anyone with any Indiana ties...it's been 22 years whats another 22

Reactions: .Gerdis
I think another "hot guy" is perfect...no need for anyone with any Indiana ties...it's been 22 years whats another 22

Yeah Dan let's hire Alford. Forget the Pierre Pierce incident which was mere child's play compared to Sampsongate. I'm sure the liberal IU administration and faculty would be just fine with that in the me2 era. Notwithstanding the fact that he was laughed out of Iowa and UCLA because he's a mediocre coach. You're just brilliant man.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Is there a coach out there with Indiana ties that has:

1. Made the NCAA's as a head coach, and
2. Didn't oversee a program that pressured a rape victim into not pressing charges so said rapist could continue playing on the team, and
3. Isn't Jim Crews?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Is there a coach out there with Indiana ties that has:

1. Made the NCAA's as a head coach, and
2. Didn't oversee a program that pressured a rape victim into not pressing charges so said rapist could continue playing on the team, and
3. Isn't Jim Crews?
Victims don’t choose whether charges are pressed.

yeah ..resume is everything..oh hell 22 years ain't that long

It's because we've had an incompetent administration who keeps hiring bad coaches. Davis was fired by UAB and Clappy will likely be fired by GA after next season.

If the IU administration had hired who I wanted every time of the realistic options we would've never needed to make a change. They keep making poor hires. It's not that they haven't hired an IU guy.

If there were any coaches with Indiana ties worthy of the job, I would agree with you. The closest thing to that is Alford, and he has failed at both P5 schools he has coached at.

you keep believing that..interesting that folks never learn..have a wonderful day

The closest thing to an "IU guy" that the Indiana fan base would ever accept is Brad Stevens. The only problem is that he's not leaving Boston. Just admit it. You have no good solution.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT