ADVERTISEMENT

Go warriors!!

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
TJD just scored, blocked a shot sprinted the length of the floor, and scored again. God he’s good. God I miss him.

Reactions: BigMobe
TJD just scored, blocked a shot sprinted the length of the floor, and scored again. God he’s good. God I miss him.
Yes, TJD’s worth was clearly underestimated … he could do a clinic on his rolls to the basket … both on when to roll … and making the pass easy. No one is close on the current roster.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Good shooting all around. This team can’t even hit bunnies. Free throws, rebounds kill this and past teams. Hell defense is a problem. Fix 2 of 3 and this bunch wins a ton more.
It’s honestly difficult to find something this team does well and is something opposing teams needs to prepare for. We don’t rebound well. We don’t shoot well. Can’t hit free throws. I guess you could say we have a fair amount of blocks. Other than that, thus team has no redeeming qualities / strengths that give it a distinct advantage over an opponent.

A healthy X and a legit shooter and last years team is FF caliber.
We had X, and Trey and Miller hitting over 40% from the 3, and JHSs ability to get his own shot…and Arizona destroyed us. Rutgers thumped us. And Kansas was in the process of destroying us when X got hurt.

We probably finish better than 12-8, but not a lot better. And who knows what we would have done with a 3 seed instead of the 4 we got.

But I don’t think we win the B10 or win 4 in a row in the tourney with Woodson as our coach.

We had X, and Trey and Miller hitting over 40% from the 3, and JHSs ability to get his own shot…and Arizona destroyed us. Rutgers thumped us. And Kansas was in the process of destroying us when X got hurt.

We probably finish better than 12-8, but not a lot better. And who knows what we would have done with a 3 seed instead of the 4 we got.

But I don’t think we win the B10 or win 4 in a row in the tourney with Woodson as our coach.
That injury stretch hurt. You could say JHS became a better player though. JHS didn’t play against Arizona. JHS, trace and of course X were hindered or hurt for Kansas.

That injury stretch hurt. You could say JHS became a better player though. JHS didn’t play against Arizona. JHS, trace and of course X were hindered or hurt for Kansas.
You think we looked like a B10 champ/FF type team before the injuries? I sure don't. Teams that achieve those things, or even compete for them, are consistently really good. We weren't.

Before the injuries, I'd say we had 5 games that were any sort of NCAA tournament level type games.

Xavier, Arizona, UNC, Kansas, Rutgers

We were 2-3 in those games...with 3 horrible performances. And UNC, as it turns out, was on its way to having a year similar to what we're having this year...so how good a win was that game, actually? Xavier was a very good win. You don't win B10 titles, and/or make Final Four runs by playing well less than half the time.

I think people use the X and Race injuries to make them feel better about what that team might have been. It was going to be a slightly better version of what it was. X wasn't going to be "good X" for the entire season. Race wasn't going to be "good Race" for the entire season. Nothing in their history, nor in Woody's history as our coach says we were going to have the consistency necessary to compete for titles, of any kind.

If last year's team was destined for greater things, they'd have been a hell of a lot better when they were all together, early in the year.

Reactions: kkott
You think we looked like a B10 champ/FF type team before the injuries? I sure don't. Teams that achieve those things, or even compete for them, are consistently really good. We weren't.

Before the injuries, I'd say we had 5 games that were any sort of NCAA tournament level type games.

Xavier, Arizona, UNC, Kansas, Rutgers

We were 2-3 in those games...with 3 horrible performances. And UNC, as it turns out, was on its way to having a year similar to what we're having this year...so how good a win was that game, actually? Xavier was a very good win. You don't win B10 titles, and/or make Final Four runs by playing well less than half the time.

I think people use the X and Race injuries to make them feel better about what that team might have been. It was going to be a slightly better version of what it was. X wasn't going to be "good X" for the entire season. Race wasn't going to be "good Race" for the entire season. Nothing in their history, nor in Woody's history as our coach says we were going to have the consistency necessary to compete for titles, of any kind.

If last year's team was destined for greater things, they'd have been a hell of a lot better when they were all together, early in the year.
Not arguing any of that. But I’d bet without the injuries to TJD, race and jhs in that January stretch does matter. Probably would’ve gotten 2nd outright. Who knows which X we would’ve gotten but all that does matter. I also never claimed anything about being a final 4 team.

Not arguing any of that. But I’d bet without the injuries to TJD, race and jhs in that January stretch does matter. Probably would’ve gotten 2nd outright. Who knows which X we would’ve gotten but all that does matter. I also never claimed anything about being a final 4 team.
Sorry to lump you in on the FF thing...many have made that claim though.

Obviously impossible to know. And easy to say we'd have been better without the injuries. I just look back to what we looked like before the injuries. And it was pretty darn uneven.

Damit @IUNorth , can you not just let me fantasize about positive "what could have been" results than deal with reality? I mean isn't the fantasy / "what if" world where most us IUBB fans spend the majority of our time living as the reality year in year out is simply too depressing and low performance to deal with?

• Love
Reactions: Cavanagh
Damit @IUNorth , can you not just let me fantasize about positive "what could have been" results than deal with reality? I mean isn't the fantasy / "what if" world where most us IUBB fans spend the majority of our time living as the reality year in year out is simply too depressing and low performance to deal with?
All we have left damnit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT