ADVERTISEMENT

In other positive (non-mens) IU basketball news:

kkott

Hall of Famer
Oct 26, 2001
Sounds like Trayce had a great game (17 pts/5 rbs/2 blks) for the Warriors and might be settling in to a 2nd unit rotation with Klay Thompson and Chris Paul. Not bad company! Kerr had good things to say:

Sounds like Trayce had a great game (17 pts/5 rbs/2 blks) for the Warriors and might be settling in to a 2nd unit rotation with Klay Thompson and Chris Paul. Not bad company! Kerr had good things to say:

He needs to play more. He produces when he gets minutes.

Reactions: stollcpa
Just the challenges of going to a good team. Playing behind Draymond and jostling with Kevon Looney for minutes. Imagine as a rookie having the opportunity to be on a "second unit" with Klay Thompson and Chris Paul! I know they are loving having him and might give them the flexibility to make some moves in the off season. He's no Draymond and his skill set is unique, and he's a huge plus when right, but he also has to be a PITA to coach too.

Just the challenges of going to a good team. Playing behind Draymond and jostling with Kevon Looney for minutes. Imagine as a rookie having the opportunity to be on a "second unit" with Klay Thompson and Chris Paul! I know they are loving having him and might give them the flexibility to make some moves in the off season. He's no Draymond and his skill set is unique, and he's a huge plus when right, but he also has to be a PITA to coach too.
Ehh I’m not a Draymond fan. If he wasn’t a loud mouth a$$ you wouldn’t even hear about him.

Warriors could be on the verge of making a decent run to finish the season. It feels like they're finding a successful rotation, as kkott references.

I think TJD could be playing himself in to a starting center role in a year or two, similar to what Looney did a few years ago. Becoming a main 2nd unit big right now, if that ends up happening, will be a pretty big deal though. They still have Saric, I would be suprised if when they come down the stretch and shorten the bench, if Saric isn't still the main 2nd unit big, but hopefully TJD continues to show he can do it too.

Ehh I’m not a Draymond fan. If he wasn’t a loud mouth a$$ you wouldn’t even hear about him.
You need to watch him more when he's healthy and playing well. They can and do run a lot of stuff through him, and you're 100% wrong. He'd be BETTER known if it wasn't for the BS stuff because he'd then be known just for his play. Ask yourself why a championship team would put up with him if he was just a loudmouth a$$ distraction, and you have the answer. He's one of those oddball type players like a Rodman or Mutumbo who influence a game in many ways that aren't immediately obvious. His skill set is passing, screening and helping on offense. I don't follow stat stuff, but I bet their efficiency ratings are a good bit higher with him on the floor just because he's such a good facilitator on offense. Truly a point forward.

Reactions: T.M.P.
You need to watch him more when he's healthy and playing well. They can and do run a lot of stuff through him, and you're 100% wrong. He'd be BETTER known if it wasn't for the BS stuff because he'd then be known just for his play. Ask yourself why a championship team would put up with him if he was just a loudmouth a$$ distraction, and you have the answer. He's one of those oddball type players like a Rodman or Mutumbo who influence a game in many ways that aren't immediately obvious. His skill set is passing, screening and helping on offense. I don't follow stat stuff, but I bet their efficiency ratings are a good bit higher with him on the floor just because he's such a good facilitator on offense. Truly a point forward.
They're better with him, by A LOT.

I don't like him, at all, but I do like the Warriors. And as badly as I want them to be as good or better without him, that ship has sailed. They lost a title, when they were literally one of the best teams in NBA history, largely because he got himself suspended in a pivotal game. And every time he gets suspended, or injured, they struggle.

This will probably seem like a reach...but he's honestly one of THE reasons I've been so vocal about IU's offense needing to "modernize" and be more about ball and player movement. That's what he does, and what he facilitates for the Warriors. Curry is quite obviously the best player, and without Curry, they have nothing. But without Draymond, the ball stops more frequently, players stand more frequently, and as a result, they're decidedly less dynamic and efficient.

He's also why I think its essential to have at least 1 guy on your team that can dominate defensively guarding ALL positions. Its why I was so adamant that we needed a guy like Dexter Dennis a couple years ago...I have no idea what he ended up doing offensively for wherever he landed...but his versatility defensively, would have been HUGE for our team.

Also to your point...Steph has to be incredibly uncomfortable, at times, with Draymon'ds antics. But he's rarely, if ever, spoken out against him. Because he knows how important Draymond is to his own success.

Reactions: stollcpa and kkott
They're better with him, by A LOT.

I don't like him, at all, but I do like the Warriors. And as badly as I want them to be as good or better without him, that ship has sailed. They lost a title, when they were literally one of the best teams in NBA history, largely because he got himself suspended in a pivotal game. And every time he gets suspended, or injured, they struggle.

This will probably seem like a reach...but he's honestly one of THE reasons I've been so vocal about IU's offense needing to "modernize" and be more about ball and player movement. That's what he does, and what he facilitates for the Warriors. Curry is quite obviously the best player, and without Curry, they have nothing. But without Draymond, the ball stops more frequently, players stand more frequently, and as a result, they're decidedly less dynamic and efficient.

He's also why I think its essential to have at least 1 guy on your team that can dominate defensively guarding ALL positions. Its why I was so adamant that we needed a guy like Dexter Dennis a couple years ago...I have no idea what he ended up doing offensively for wherever he landed...but his versatility defensively, would have been HUGE for our team.

Also to your point...Steph has to be incredibly uncomfortable, at times, with Draymon'ds antics. But he's rarely, if ever, spoken out against him. Because he knows how important Draymond is to his own success.
yeah, hes a very unique player. Knowing his history, for me personally, I'd have gotten rid of him after the Jordan Poole thing. But, they didn't, and Poole was a really good player, so that should tell anyone all they need to know about how important DG is to the Warriors and how much they think of him as a player. One of the more unique guys in the game and helps a team in so many ways.

Possibly but take last night as an example:
Green 21 minutes 8 pts, 7 Rebs 5 ast, 1 block
TJD 15 minutes 17 pts 5 Rebs 2 blocks

Green's +/- was +19
TJD's was -4

Green rarely leads in any stats...but fills the stat sheet with all of them. And his biggest impact has nothing to do with his own stats. He creates ball and player movement offensively. And he can effectively guard every single position on the floor defensively.

I'm sure the Warriors would love for a quieter, less "dick-ish" person to take over Draymond's role. They've brought in countless people in his time at GS...he's still there...they're still better when he plays...

Reactions: kkott
Green's +/- was +19
TJD's was -4

Green rarely leads in any stats...but fills the stat sheet with all of them. And his biggest impact has nothing to do with his own stats. He creates ball and player movement offensively. And he can effectively guard every single position on the floor defensively.

I'm sure the Warriors would love for a quieter, less "dick-ish" person to take over Draymond's role. They've brought in countless people in his time at GS...he's still there...they're still better when he plays...
Green was also not playing with the second unit and plays with Steph. I didn’t watch the game but curious how the breakdown works. Be like me playing with Jordan for 5 minutes and without for 5 minutes. Bet the plus minus is vastly different

TJD improved so much his last couple of years at IU. Sure wish we could get at least one more season out of Ware but I know it won't happen.

so I just said he's the type of player who influences games in many ways that don't show up in the stat line and then you try and prove something with stats? He is also a QB on O and D and is constantly talking and moving/switching spots on D. Maybe one of the most cerebral players ever. Again, if you think he's nothing but a distraction, why do you suppose they've kept him around after all the crap?

so I just said he's the type of player who influences games in many ways that don't show up in the stat line and then you try and prove something with stats? He is also a QB on O and D and is constantly talking and moving/switching spots on D. Maybe one of the most cerebral players ever. Again, if you think he's nothing but a distraction, why do you suppose they've kept him around after all the crap?
Not saying he doesn’t add value, I just think he is an average role player. That happens to be a head case.

Green's +/- was +19
TJD's was -4

Ever since Green came back from suspension, GS has been playing great. Have won eight of last ten games. He makes that team click and is a tremendous point guard. Those who disagree have no clue.

Not saying he doesn’t add value, I just think he is an average role player. That happens to be a head case.
Again, then explain why they've kept him around? Sorry, you're just wrong. Jordan Poole was a really good player for them and now, and in terms of the fight, DG was pretty much entirely in the wrong, and yet they kept him. You think they're putting up with all the BS for an average role player? IUN did a much better job of explaining his value, but they'd never keep him around with all the BS if he weren't valuable. I think you let your emotions decide things for you.

It's crazy to mention Michael, but if you took away MJ's scoring, he still did so many things to help his team win, and he was often a PITA; just watch the Last Dance, many of his teammates hated him. I think he and Draymond are very simlar in that regard, and with his size, DG might even be more effective defensively. Ironically enough, MJ punched Kerr in practice too. Now, obviously the Bulls weren't getting rid of MJ, but the value the Warriors put on DG is why they've put up with so much shit. Pretty interesting interview:

Again, then explain why they've kept him around? Sorry, you're just wrong. Jordan Poole was a really good player for them and now, and in terms of the fight, DG was pretty much entirely in the wrong, and yet they kept him. You think they're putting up with all the BS for an average role player? IUN did a much better job of explaining his value, but they'd never keep him around with all the BS if he weren't valuable. I think you let your emotions decide things for you.

It's crazy to mention Michael, but if you took away MJ's scoring, he still did so many things to help his team win, and he was often a PITA; just watch the Last Dance, many of his teammates hated him. I think he and Draymond are very simlar in that regard, and with his size, DG might even be more effective defensively. Ironically enough, MJ punched Kerr in practice too. Now, obviously the Bulls weren't getting rid of MJ, but the value the Warriors put on DG is why they've put up with so much shit. Pretty interesting interview:

I bet if he was on the trade block he wouldn’t pull much interest. He may be good for what that team needs but I can’t see him being anything more than a role player. You take away Steph and this team is awful.

I bet if he was on the trade block he wouldn’t pull much interest. He may be good for what that team needs but I can’t see him being anything more than a role player. You take away Steph and this team is awful.
I'm not a fan of Green either but take him away and the team is mediocre as proven by his absence during the suspension.

TJD, last night, rebounded well and was very solid on rim rolls, one of his FG misses was classic TJD where he had his bunny roll off and he was first on the second jump put back.

A defensive lapse or two is something in game experience will cure.

He's shooting 60% from the FT line on the season so credit to Woodson's coaching for having him at around 70% at IU.

He's never been on the trade block, his entire NBA career, despite the types of stats you reference...

I think I can count 1 thing you've been "right" on since I noticed you as a poster...and that's that it was a huge deal last spring/summer that IU didn't get better guards from the portal. Pretty much everything else you post is Fan boy(often Purdue fan boy for some reason), And 1 tour, type stuff. The comparison post you made with he and TJD is so absurd...que the Billy Madison speech about all of us being dumber for having read it...

As long as the championship window remains open in Golden State, Green won't be on the trading block. Klay might be though? Wiggins might be?

If Draymond Green were traded to the Suns, or the Clippers, or the Celtics...they'd win an NBA title within the first couple years. There's a reason why the Warriors won't trade him...they still want to be the ones winning those championships.

Last edited:
He's never been on the trade block, his entire NBA career, despite the types of stats you reference...

I think I can count 1 thing you've been "right" on since I noticed you as a poster...and that's that it was a huge deal last spring/summer that IU didn't get better guards from the portal. Pretty much everything else you post is Fan boy(often Purdue fan boy for some reason), And 1 tour, type stuff. The comparison post you made with he and TJD is so absurd...que the Billy Madison speech about all of us being dumber for having read it...

As long as the championship window remains open in Golden State, Green won't be on the trading block. Klay might be though? Wiggins might be?

If Draymond Green were traded to the Suns, or the Clippers, or the Celtics...they'd win an NBA title within the first couple years. There's a reason why the Warriors won't trade him...they still want to be the ones winning those championships.
Disagreeing on Draymond and this is your response? Not correct on anything I post? Really? Pretty sure I was on the money with the Woodson hire. Pretty sure your novels you post about what Woodson should do are not either, just your opinion

Disagreeing on Draymond and this is your response? Not correct on anything I post? Really? Pretty sure I was on the money with the Woodson hire. Pretty sure your novels you post about what Woodson should do are not either, just your opinion
I've said, many times, that I'm just trying to put out potential positive things Woody could do...in the likely event that he remains our coach. The things I've suggested aren't likely, but they are possible.

The Draymond take is about as "wrong" as you have been, or anyone could be, in analyzing the game of basketball, though. And I really, really, dislike him.

I've said, many times, that I'm just trying to put out potential positive things Woody could do...in the likely event that he remains our coach. The things I've suggested aren't likely, but they are possible.

The Draymond take is about as "wrong" as you have been, or anyone could be, in analyzing the game of basketball, though. And I really, really, dislike him.
Maybe I am jaded because I despise him but Steph is what make the Warriors go. Draymond may just be the crazy they need. I would t want him on the pacers. That’s for sure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT