ADVERTISEMENT

Name of segregationist Ora Wildermuth stripped from IU gym

129,000 innocent citizens of Japan were killed with two separate bombs at the request of Harry S. Truman. Japan celebrates that anniversary today with a day of remembrance. Think of our Columbus Day as a day of remembrance for those indigenous people killed if you need to feel better about the reason.

Of course they do, but then they're not celebrating or honoring the bomber(s), are they? Your stupid suggestion would be be an even bigger lie than Columbus being some kind of hero. Far more likely that I'll remember you for an idiot.

Last edited:
You're such a tough guy, calling out others that disagree with you. What a POS.

Stupid is as stupid does/says. As you likely wouldn't bother if you didn't agree with him, by your own criterion you also are a 'POS'.

If we're moving too fast for you here try G&B.

129,000 innocent citizens of Japan were killed with two separate bombs at the request of Harry S. Truman. Japan celebrates that anniversary today with a day of remembrance. Think of our Columbus Day as a day of remembrance for those indigenous people killed if you need to feel better about the reason.

Should we remove Truman from our historic record due to him killing hundreds of thousands? It's right in line with the thinking.

Reactions: herrli
Should we remove Truman from our historic record due to him killing hundreds of thousands? It's right in line with the thinking.
A guy's name is being removed from a gym is not the same as removing him from historic records. Nor is Columbus. In the records are were they belong, not honored with building names or holidays.

A guy's name is being removed from a gym is not the same as removing him from historic records. Nor is Columbus. In the records are were they belong, not honored with building names or holidays.
They get trained to repeat the same thing by their chosen propagandists. But that's about as far as they can go. Noted is they can't really even explain what it is they're bitching about when challenged. Or won't because they know it's just bigotry in some form.

Dumb squawking parrots .. they have no critical thinking ability or knowledge, instead they repeat a talking point, and if questioned rely on "what about Truman", or "the slippery slope of impending doom" where all of history will be wiped out. Ridiculous...

Reactions: mike41703
The US and Japan were at war. That is different. What I didn't like is when Roosevelt put Japanese AMERICANS in internment camps throughout the war.

Reactions: namnik
Of course they do, but then they're not celebrating or honoring the bomber(s), are they? Your stupid suggestion would be be an even bigger lie than Columbus being some kind of hero. Far more likely that I'll remember you for an idiot.

Good One. You are painting a great face for those believe this topic is a show of cultural evolutional progress. 82Hoosier makes great points and gives well thought out replies on this subject. Meanwhile your dancing in the streets in front Ora's ancestors house celebrating their name being disgraced, calling people idiots, telling many to F off then telling folks how tough it is to feel like a 2nd class citizen. Your doing a great job championing your moral beliefs.

Slavery was around long before Columbus or america. Even Africans and the Indigenous people in america owned slaves.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/facts-about-slavery/

Reactions: herrli
The US and Japan were at war. That is different. What I didn't like is when Roosevelt put Japanese AMERICANS in internment camps throughout the war.

So, Roosevelt should be stricken from the record as well...yes sir! Now we are on a roll! However, we politically correct Americans need another 100 years to let this idea cook before it takes hold. But dont worry, the PC Warriors will get it done for us eventually. Truman, Roosevelt, George Washington and most founding fathers who owned slaves....they just gotta go!!!

If we try real hard, I'm sure we can find a few 100 other folks that we can dismiss from the record for whatever reason that makes us feel better.

Ridiculous.

Just those two? Why not Columbus, Georgia? Kentucky? California? Mississippi? Missouri? Kansas? New Jersey? Minnesota? Illinois? Montana? Texas? Wisconsin? North Carolina? Nebraska? New York? New Mexico? Wisconsin (again; they have two!)? North Dakota?

I mean, if you're requiring perfection, let's be perfect by all means . . . maybe a US constitutional amendment prohibiting any cities or towns being named "Columbus".

Why stop there? Why not require Washington state, Washington, DC and all of the other towns named after George Washington to be renamed . . . after all, he was a slave owner. Why not require Virginia and Georgia to be renamed, since their names are derived from British monarchs who oppressed the US? Besides, Virginia is misleading . . . not that many virgins there anyway, especially with D.C. next door. Heck, New Hampshire, New York and New Jersey are all named after places in Britain; it's easy to see how someone could be offended by that. CHANGE THEM!!

And what about good old Indiana? It's not only potentially offensive to two ethnic groups, it's downright inaccurate.

And then there's abraxis . . . I bet there are a whole bunch of girls who were sexually assaulted, molested whatever while listening to an album with a similar name - Abraxas, pronounced the same as abraxis - by Santana. Maybe we ought to require you to change your Rivals handle . . . .

BTW, what's your hometown? I wanna see how offended I can get.

I could to on . . . but I actually have productive things to do.
Hey, I was being facetious in my Columbus name change suggestion. Believe it or not, although I live in Brown Co. and am closer to Nashville, IN, my postal mailing address is Columbus, IN. My Peegs handle was named for the Santana album "Abraxas" but I inadvertantly misspelled it as "abraxis". And now you know...the rest of the story!
That's not my line of thinking. Those liberal clowns taking down the Civil War statues are ridiculous in their ways.

Good One. You are painting a great face for those believe this topic is a show of cultural evolutional progress. 82Hoosier makes great points and gives well thought out replies on this subject. Meanwhile your dancing in the streets in front Ora's ancestors house celebrating their name being disgraced, calling people idiots, telling many to F off then telling folks how tough it is to feel like a 2nd class citizen. Your doing a great job championing your moral beliefs.

Slavery was around long before Columbus or america. Even Africans and the Indigenous people in america owned slaves.

Dancing? Celebrating? Missed that part. As for "doing a great job championing moral beliefs", indeed I am - my first few responses were very much "thought out replies", but against stupidity even the 'gods' strive in vain. Like your notion that historical precedence excuses any and all manner of vile behavior, or that the practitioners of such should be enshrined and exalted in modern society. Cheers.

So-yeah-i39m-gonna-need-you-guys-to-go-ahead-and-keep-this-thread-going-forever-mmmk-great-meme-30919.jpg.cf.jpg

A heated debate, far from the original point, and with plenty of mud-slinging.

But I have to ask, can we all agree to call it the HPER? That is what it has always been called, and with affection.

Reactions: snarlcakes
At the end of the day Ora is on record as proclaiming that people of color are essentially sub- or less than human. Doubtless a product of his times, but hardly a luminary in the constellation of humanity.

"On record" being a key point of the argument. One could ask whether one's personal views matter less if they are simply kept private.

Reactions: Tito8085
I've been reading these boards off and on for roughly 16 years(unregistered, obviously), but how does a basketball forum become a political debate amongst a fanbase. Shouldn't everyone just be getting ready for an exciting season? I respect a lot of you regular posters (and even thing some of you are intelligent), but people can have different opinions. It's okay, and probably even good. I thought I saw another forum for this sort of thing, no?

Again, why are naming cities and holidays after someone who killed and maimed thousands of indigenous folks? In the history books, we are told the lie that Columbus discovered America. How can you discover America when there were people already here literally thousands of years before.
You are missing the bigger picture. Columbus never got to America. Incidentally, he had red hair and there are no portraits of him.

Wrong! Political correctness, no matter whether you agree with most or all of it's tenants, has become a cancer that has infiltrated the vast majority of our colleges and universities undermining the very essence of these institutions, which is academic freedom! According to the political correctness philosophy, no one is allowed to disagree or even question the politically correct position. This is exactly the same crap that Galileo had to deal with with the Church. Now, when there is a topic for which Political Correctness claims jurisdiction over, no professor or academic can afford to question or even discuss the pros and cons. It's an absolute travesty that won't be resolved soon because careers can be stalled or even ruined with such questioning. I am so frustrated that the academic community has not risen up to assert their institutions' values and their own academic freedom rights. Sad, very sad! (Had to add a little humor since I'm getting a bit too serious here.)
PC and “grievance studies” are a joke.

Check out this study some people who were just trying to see how ridiculous they could be and they actually got published in a serious journal. It’s on the “metaphorical penis”. LMAO

https://www.skeptic.com/downloads/conceptual-penis/23311886.2017.1330439.pdf

Reactions: namnik
Not that I didn't already know, but this thread sure hammers home how many ****ing morons we have in our fanbase...

And judging by the number of likes the first response received, we have a long way to go

What are you talking about?
Columbus never made it to North America. He landed in the Caribbean on each of his voyages. He made it to Central and South America. Never got as far north as Florida.

Thus the argument that Columbus did not discover America because the Indians were there first is more accurately stated as Columbus did not discover America because he never got there and had no idea that it existed.

Last edited:
Reactions: ufo33
Not that I didn't already know, but this thread sure hammers home how many ****ing morons we have in our fanbase...

And judging by the number of likes the first response received, we have a long way to go

As to the question of who the ****ing moron is, your opinion is no more important than the many others.
Some might even think it is you.;)

As to the question of who the ****ing moron is, your opinion is no more important than the many others. Some might even think it is you.;)

That's not a "question". Everyone here can tell anyone exactly who the "f***morons", um, I mean, 'mentally challenged engaged in potentially procreative activity' are. :D

Call it a wrap folks. Or not. But there are better movies playing...

Just two opinions. No more valid than mine.

Nah

Opinion:
Person 1 - Orange is the best color
Person 2 - No thanks, it's Blue for me

Not an Opinion:
Person 1 - Racists are bad people and we shouldn't honor them
Person 2 - But what about... blah blah blah

(or the many others who obviously agree with me.):p:D

The only 2 dipshits who agreed with your original response were Kentucky31 and *Lucy01*... that says waaayyy more than anything I could say in response

"Be wary of the company you keep for they are a reflection of who you are or who you want to be..."

Just a hunch, but I’m guessing incels aren’t conservatives, by and large.

Conservatives tend to be successful.
Ugh, you would be very wrong. Incels (the group that call themselves such) are in a majority Trumptar... er... Trumpublicans. It just goes with the fear ridden dogma and social ineffectualness that drives conservative ideology. Successful? Like they make enough money to buy it or get it shipped in from Slovenia? lmao... So typical.

Nah

Opinion:
Person 1 - Orange is the best color
Person 2 - No thanks, it's Blue for me

Not an Opinion:
Person 1 - Racists are bad people and we shouldn't honor them
Person 2 - But what about... blah blah blah

The only 2 dipshits who agreed with your original response were Kentucky31 and *Lucy01*... that says waaayyy more than anything I could say in response

"Be wary of the company you keep for they are a reflection of who you are or who you want to be..."

Typical.
If a person disagrees with your opinion, you resort to name calling.
I have noticed that about my liberal clients. The only viewpoint that is worth considering is theirs.
If you don't agree with them they call you an idiot.
Talk about intolerance.

You're in over your head, skippy my boy.

Columbus never made it to North America. He landed in the Caribbean on each of his voyages. He made it to Central and South America. Never got as far north as Florida.

Thus the argument that Columbus did not discover America because the Indians were there first is more accurately stated as Columbus did not discover America because he never got there and had no idea that it existed.
We celebrate Columbus Day for the symbolism. What the dude did or didn't do in his personal life is irrelevant. Whether it was really "Two Dogs Humping" or "Grunt-Grunt" from some northern Siberian clan to first "discover" America doesn't really matter. If you want "Columbus Day" as an excuse to have a stiff drink after work, so be it. If you choose to ignore the man and the day because he is a heathen or a fraud, you can do that to. Celebration isn't for everyone. Personally, I choose the path of least resistance and just go with the flow doing as I've been told. I lift my Riedel wine glass to Mr. Columbus in humble adoration of his fine achievement. He was a good man, a man of adventure and I like that in my men.

Reactions: herrli and namnik
We celebrate Columbus Day for the symbolism. What the dude did or didn't do in his personal life is irrelevant. Whether it was really "Two Dogs Humping" or "Grunt-Grunt" from some northern Siberian clan to first "discover" America doesn't really matter. If you want "Columbus Day" as an excuse to have a stiff drink after work, so be it. If you choose to ignore the man and the day because he is a heathen or a fraud, you can do that to. Celebration isn't for everyone. Personally, I choose the path of least resistance and just go with the flow doing as I've been told. I lift my Riedel wine glass to Mr. Columbus in humble adoration of his fine achievement. He was a good man, a man of adventure and I like that in my men.

There is no "we" you jacked-up dumbass honky. "Personal life"? Murdering 300,000 people is "personal life"? And "irrelevant"? Great, pardon all the murderers and rapists - it's 'personal'. "Two Dogs Humping" or "Grunt-Grunt"? That's the same mindset that made it OK to rape, torture, enslave and murder people of color because they're really no better than animals.

This is either exceedingly tasteless bait or you're every bit as vile as the vomit you're peddling. Either way, and passive as you may pretend to be, your words are beyond racist. So raise a glass to Columbus, Kristallnacht, Pol Pot, or whatever you like, and choke on it. You so have my blessing.

There is no "we" you jacked-up dumbass honky. "Personal life"? Murdering 300,000 people is "personal life"? And "irrelevant"? Great, pardon all the murderers and rapists - it's 'personal'. "Two Dogs Humping" or "Grunt-Grunt"? That's the same mindset that made it OK to rape, torture, enslave and murder people of color because they're really no better than animals.

This is either exceedingly tasteless bait or you're every bit as vile as the vomit you're peddling. Either way, and passive as you may pretend to be, your words are beyond racist. So raise a glass to Columbus, Kristallnacht, Pol Pot, or whatever you like, and choke on it. You so have my blessing.
The life of a politically correct liberal sounds like a troublesome burden. Why all the anger? Let me guess...butt-hurt having to watch America great again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT