ADVERTISEMENT

My daughter is taking her driving test right now

I'm scared for her and my insurance.

She can't be any worse then her big sister.
Insurance rates increasing with two teenagers is such a kick in the balls.

And there much be something about a second child, because my daughter basically gives me ulcers too. She forgets I can track where she is and one night when I couldn't sleep I noticed around 2:30am that she wasn't at the sleepover where she said she was going to be.

I almost called her, but ended up seeing that she did end up at the sleepover.

The next morning, I ask her where she was last night.

"at the sleepover"

"but where were you around 2:30?"

"uh...we just wanted to get some air"

When I grounded her and told she couldn't have the car, she shoots back, "I'm grounded?! What - did you read a parenting book or something?"

Insurance rates increasing with two teenagers is such a kick in the balls.

And there much be something about a second child, because my daughter basically gives me ulcers too. She forgets I can track where she is and one night when I couldn't sleep I noticed around 2:30am that she wasn't at the sleepover where she said she was going to be.

I almost called her, but ended up seeing that she did end up at the sleepover.

The next morning, I ask her where she was last night.

"at the sleepover"

"but where were you around 2:30?"

"uh...we just wanted to get some air"

When I grounded her and told she couldn't have the car, she shoots back, "I'm grounded?! What - did you read a parenting book or something?"

My oldest has totalled three cars and been in a handful of wrecks.

I asked her how many wrecks she's been in and she replied "that you know of"?

The girl told me she hit a house. How is that possible?

she shoots back, "I'm grounded?! What - did you read a parenting book or something?"
explosion-boom.gif

oh man. congrats and condolences. i'm not sure my heart could take it. phone off. all that shit
the day my son got his license I made him sign and date a list of 10 things that would immediately revoke his driving privileges....no negotiation.

#1 on the list was that if I ever caught him using the phone while driving OR anyone I knew saw him, emphasizing we live in a small town and I know everybody.....the keys go into the cookie jar

several years later I'm telling this story to the mom of one of his american legion baseball teammates and she tells me she always wondered why jay was always 30 minutes last to leave the next day after a post game sleepover

he's talking to his girlfriend parked in the driveway

the day my son got his license I made him sign and date a list of 10 things that would immediately revoke his driving privileges....no negotiation.

#1 on the list was that if I ever caught him using the phone while driving OR anyone I knew saw him, emphasizing we live in a small town and I know everybody.....the keys go into the cookie jar

several years later I'm telling this story to the mom of one of his american legion baseball teammates and she tells me she always wondered why jay was always 30 minutes last to leave the next day after a post game sleepover

fantastic!!!!

Reactions: dr.jb
She passed.

I'm screwed.
You poor bastard.

Well, I shouldn’t say that because my son just got his.

He passed the test and then got his physical license like 3 weeks later. The day he got his actual license in the mail, he got pulled over. He made a right hand turn into Dairy Queen from the middle lane in Loogootee Indiana. Right in front of a cop.

The cop let him off with a warning but i asked him what the hell happened?

He said it was his sisters fault because she was annoying him.

I said oh for f***s sake. 😂

A guy I know came home from work and was informed that both teenage daughters and his bride were involved in separate accidents earlier in the day.

Revoked driving privileges for all three. “Know anybody who wants to buy three cars?”
My wife recently swerved to miss a cat and hit a mailbox in her 4Runner.

I said we don’t swerve to miss cats, we swerve to HIT them.

I was only half joking.

Nothing but cars with manual transmissions and rotary phones would work.
They did for a long time.

I wear a mechanical watch most days as well. Drive a manual. Push mow (no self propelled JDB) my lawn. Cook my own food 80% of the time. Make my lunch everyday. No fleshlight. You get the idea.

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
You poor bastard.

He passed the test and then got his physical license like 3 weeks later. The day he got his actual license in the mail, he got pulled over. He made a right hand turn into Dairy Queen from the middle lane in Loogootee Indiana. Right in front of a cop.

Proof that when men do stupid things, there’s a women involved every time!

A guy I know came home from work and was informed that both teenage daughters and his bride were involved in separate accidents earlier in the day.

Revoked driving privileges for all three. “Know anybody who wants to buy three cars?”
Tell me they all hit each other trying to parallel park… please tell me!!! Lol

You poor bastard.

He probably told the cop that and that’s why he got off with a warning - the cop has a sister too

Does she drive stick shift or was automatic bad enough? Heck I bought stick in 2010 but now very, very few around

I think she'd have a mental breakdown if I tried to show her how to drive a manual and I'd definitely have one trying to teach her.

Doing two things at once isn't one of her strong suits.

Does she drive stick shift or was automatic bad enough? Heck I bought stick in 2010 but now very, very few around

The first car I bought was a 91 Ford Probe GT manual.

I had never driven a stick before I got the car. The guy I bought it from lived just outside this little town near Huntington. My dad took me to pick it up. When I get in the car, I told my dad I didn't know how to drive this yet. He looked at me and said "well, it's a good thing we're in the country because you're gonna learn real quick".

He gave me a quick tutorial on what to do, then said figure it out. I had that car jerking around like crazy, but eventually could get the car to move forward and go. Before we pass through town, I tell my dad don't speed through here because if the one cop in town sees us speeding, we're gonna get pulled over. He said "yeah, okay" and took off.

That M'fer was going about 15 over so I had to keep up so I went 15 over. I shit you not, that one cop pulled me over. When be did, my dad pulled over about 100 yards in front of me. The cop came up and asked did I know how fast I was going and I said "yeah, fast enough to keep up with my dumbass dad". I then pointed him out in front of us.

I explained that I had just purchased the car and that was the first time driving the car. I showed him my bill of sale and title I had. He came back with a warning and then literally walked up to my dad and told him to slow down as well.

Turned out to be the funnest car I ever drove. That thing would go.

I think she'd have a mental breakdown if I tried to show her how to drive a manual and I'd definitely have one trying to teach her.

Doing two things at once isn't one of her strong suits.
My meth head baby factory daughter need to practice driving years ago. I said she needs to learn in my jeep which is manual, first. Her mother threw a fit and demanded that that would never happen.
A few years later, after she had destroyed the 2nd ride we got her, she needed to a ride some where (probably to get meth, or knocked up). I said nope, but you can take my jeep..... totally pissed off, she called her dealer for a ride. Ended up stoned and pregnant.

• Wow
Reactions: Baller23Boogie

Smart dad!

2 teenage daughter drivers. No accidents or tickets (yet). Driving older cars. Auto insurance more than tripled. It’s a damn racket.
Imagine if they were your sons instead.

A good friend with a blended family is paying more each month for car insurance than his mortgage right now. His son will begin driving soon. 2 boys and 4 girls, all between the ages of 16 and 22, all in high school and college. Between car insurance and tuition, I don't know how they afford groceries and electricity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT