ADVERTISEMENT

More evidence against Covid-19 Herd Immunity

I'm in South Florida. Things are shutting back down here FAST.

My buddy owns the Funky Buddha brewery in Oakland Park (basically part of Fort Lauderdale).

In June they reopened for dine in, bar patrons, etc.

Today they announced they are back to being takeout only.

Most other businesses are following suit.
I love the Funky Buddha. I went there a couple of times last fall, and did the tour. Good beer, good food too!

Reactions: plaxico80
I love the Funky Buddha. I went there a couple of times last fall, and did the tour. Good beer, good food too!

I have yet to drive down for the food. I like their Saisons and Hefeweizen but not a fan of their fruity/vegetable/french toast/blueberry nonsense or really anyone's high IBU products. FL sucks from a craft standpoint, most of the decent beers come out of Tampa and that is limited. There is a good APA called Reef Donkey that i like,

Conspiracy theorist makes a mistake... ooops...

30-year-old dies after attending 'COVID party' thinking virus was a 'hoax'

The man told nurses, "I think I made a mistake."

"I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it's not."

Those were the final words of a 30-year-old patient who died at Methodist Hospital in San Antonio this week after attending a so-called "COVID party," according to the hospital.

Dr. Jane Appleby, chief medical officer for Methodist Hospital and Methodist Children’s Hospital, said in a recorded statement that the unidentified patient told nurses about the party, which she said is hosted by someone diagnosed with coronavirus.

"The thought is people get together to see if the virus is real and if anyone gets infected," Appleby said.

Appleby said she shared the story not to scare people, but to make sure they understand that the virus can affect anyone.

Bexar County, where San Antonio is located, currently has 18,602 confirmed cases, with an increase of 923 on Friday, according to the Department of Health.

The age range with the most cases were in people aged 20 to 29, making up 24%, and 30 to 39, making up 20%, according to the department.

Appleby said her hospital is seeing more cases in people in their 20s and 30s.

She said while some can be treated and discharged, others become seriously ill.

Appleby warned that the virus "doesn't discriminate" and encouraged the public to wear a mask and stay home as much as possible.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/30-year-man-dies-attending-covid-party-thinking/story?id=71731414

Consequences of misinformation:

Eclvg8NU4AA5hjb.jpg

37-year-old war vet dies from COVID-19 complications on Fourth of July
Richard Rose in April posted on Facebook that he would not wear a mask. In an unlikely turn of events, he lost his battle with COVID-19 three days later.

Richard Rose was only 37 years old when he died at his home from complications due to COVID-19. He was born and raised in Port Clinton.

Those who knew Rose described him as kind, funny, and caring.

His family said he was very active in helping homeless vets and in preventing veteran suicide.

The Port Clinton man served in the U.S. Army for nine years and did two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. He died at his home from complications related to COVID-19 on the Fourth of July.

“We were blown away, you know? You hear about this virus and you don’t expect it to affect people, younger people like ourselves,” said Nick Conley, who was Rose’s friend.

Rose’s family said he tested positive for COVID-19 on July 1 and died just three days later. Rose’s family said he had no known pre-existing health conditions.

“It’s horrible that we lost Rick but the even more tragic part of that is who else became infected because of the actions that he chose,” Conley said.

Conley hopes his friend’s death will serve as a warning to others.

“I know a lot of people that haven’t met someone that they know of that has been diagnosed with the virus and I wanted people to see it was real and my hope is that people will see that this does happen and people will be more cautious,” he said.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
You believe that?
This is why we can no longer have a conversation in this country. There is a segment of the population that no longer operates in the same reality as everyone else. Trump was right. He could shoot someone on fifth avenue and get away with it.

There is a hell of a lot of evidence that suggests Trump just ignored the intelligence about Russian Bounties. Congress needs to get to the bottom of this as part of their oversight. I don't understand why you would be so dismissive about it. It's a serious allegation and seems like something us as citizens should know.

Oh and I totally expect to be word salad'ed to death by the Trumpsters on this topic. I've already seen prominent "conservatives" on this board brush this off as as "nothing burger". I just wish the Trump supporters would come out and say they don't care. It would be easier to comprehend than the gymnastics that I've seen to justify the lack of action by this administration.

Last edited:
I have yet to drive down for the food. I like their Saisons and Hefeweizen but not a fan of their fruity/vegetable/french toast/blueberry nonsense or really anyone's high IBU products. FL sucks from a craft standpoint, most of the decent beers come out of Tampa and that is limited. There is a good APA called Reef Donkey that i like,

Their flavored beer is hugely popular. I'm not a fan of most them either, but Funky Buddha will keep churning them out because they sell like hotcakes.

Their coffee beers, overall have been superb. Mexican Coffee is unbelievable. Their IPA's and DIPA's are normally excellent. The non-fruity high ABV content beers are, for the most part, superb. But again, I agree on the fruity type beers. Not my thing.

I should have said earlier that my buddy used to own Funky Buddha. They sold out a few years ago to Constellation who also owns Corona and Modelo. Dude made ridiculous money and has stayed on to continue creating the different beers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT