ADVERTISEMENT

Meadows texts suggest the conspiracy was bigger than thought

Yeah I guess it'd be a stretch to say that he thought blacks lives matter
snipe.

After all that complaining, who would've guessed that you're in the running for the Cooler's biggest sniper? (well...me...I would've guessed that, but that's beside the point. :>)

It’s irresponsible to call those who torch dumpsters, spray paint property, or block public roads protestors too, but we do. He was a protester until the moment he fired the shot.
Kinda depends though. When you throw that "we" out there, you are painting with a pretty wide brush stroke. By my definition, those were rioters, not protestors. I am sure that there a few that would disagree, but most of us here believe that the moment you do any of those actions (torch dumpsters, etc.), you've upgraded from protestor to rioter.
The problem is that you have a very few, yet vocal, idiots who do (irresponsibly) not differentiate between the two. But them screaming it in front of a camera on CNN does not mean that the majority of Democrats / Liberals agree with it.

snipe.

After all that complaining, who would've guessed that you're in the running for the Cooler's biggest sniper? (well...me...I would've guessed that, but that's beside the point. :>)
It's actually accurate. Not snipe. Dorn was black. I don't think the shooter had anything to do with the protests/BLM. He was an opportunistic criminal

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: hoosboot
It's actually accurate. Not snipe. Dorn was black. I don't think he had anything to do with the protests/BLM. He was an opportunistic criminal
You mean Cannon, the shooter.

As I understand it the protests were never at that location anyway. Just some local criminals taking advantage of a curfew to steal some televisions from the local pawn shop.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Kinda depends though. When you throw that "we" out there, you are painting with a pretty wide brush stroke. By my definition, those were rioters, not protestors. I am sure that there a few that would disagree, but most of us here believe that the moment you do any of those actions (torch dumpsters, etc.), you've upgraded from protestor to rioter.
The problem is that you have a very few, yet vocal, idiots who do (irresponsibly) not differentiate between the two. But them screaming it in front of a camera on CNN does not mean that the majority of Democrats / Liberals agree with it.
Sometimes protesters do burn and loot things. Not all protests are peaceful. And of course sometimes they block streets. Not sure how that particular sin became a mortal one in conservative world.

What's irresponsible is assuming anyone who commits violence must have progressed to that point from protesting. My understanding is the criminals in question had nothing to do with the protests. They were simply criminals.

Sometimes protesters do burn and loot things. Not all protests are peaceful. And of course sometimes they block streets. Not sure how that particular sin became a mortal one in conservative world.

What's irresponsible is assuming anyone who commits violence must have progressed to that point from protesting. My understanding is the criminals in question had nothing to do with the protests. They were simply criminals.
Nothing is worse than blocking a street. Nothing. I'd rather be shot. Not knowing how long that road will be blocked is an unthinkable torture

It's actually accurate. Not snipe. Dorn was black. I don't think the shooter had anything to do with the protests/BLM. He was an opportunistic criminal

It is not accuracy or lack thereof that defines a snipe, young padowan. They are very often fiercely accurate, hence their immense power. The snipe is strong in you, but you have much to learn. <(°.°)>

Blocking streets is a crime in Colorado and I would assume all states have similar laws. There is no bright line between protests and riots resulting in serious criminal activity. The authorities in many jurisdictions instructed law enforcement to not arrest or charge protesters who were participating in misdemeanor crimes. I think that was a mistake that could have caused Dorn his life but least caused millions in property damage and ruined livelihoods and lives.

Do the January 6th people who merely were present in the Capitol without more receive the presumption implied with your second paragraph? It does seem so.

It is not accuracy or lack thereof that defines a snipe, young padowan. They are very often fiercely accurate, hence their immense power. The snipe is strong in you, but you have much to learn. <(°.°)>
Enough. I don't care. More importantly, you are DESTROYING my Reaction Score!!!

• Love
Reactions: hoosboot
Blocking streets is a crime in Colorado and I would assume all states have similar laws. There is no bright line between protests and riots resulting in serious criminal activity. The authorities in many jurisdictions instructed law enforcement to not arrest or charge protesters who were participating in misdemeanor crimes. I think that was a mistake that could have caused Dorn his life but least caused millions in property damage and ruined livelihoods and lives.

Do the January 6th people who merely were present in the Capitol without more receive the presumption implied with your second paragraph? It does seem so.
If someone on 1/6/20 commited a crime in DC several blocks away from the Capitol, I would not assume that he was a protester who progressed to criminal violence. And I certainly wouldn't call him a protester after he was arrested and the prosecutor made no claim of any connection between him and the protesters.

That's not an answer to your question, but it's the best I can do because your actual question made no sense.

Reactions: Ohio Guy

Everything you said is true. What is also true is that BLM protests can turn violent and that zaps the city of law enforcement resources to protect the remainder of the city.

Not close, Ranger. I don’t recall a single mention of him in congress. He does not have any legislation named in his honor. He didn’t have a congressional demonstration in his honor. He doesn’t have a public plaza named for him. From all reports he was a stand-up guy who made positive contributions to his profession and his community. George Floyd was a two-bit, sometimes violent, criminal who was addicted to mind altering drugs. His only accomplishment was being murdered by a white cop when he was high.

David Dorn’s family gets a gravestone to remember him by. George Floyd’s family got more that $20,000,000. What a country.
Dorn knew the risk he was taking when he confronted a violent looter. Floyd, who we can agree was a world class POS, had his life taken by a murderous authority figure.l while his sheep squad watched and did nothing. That’s why his family got paid.

I don’t need to hear Dorn’s name come out the mouths of worthless pols or even more worthless race grifters to have seen plenty of outrage in the news and digital sphere to know that people were pissed and outraged.

Of course. When I said "not all protests are peaceful," I wasn't exempting BLM from that.
Good. And one cannot deny that BLM protests occurring in cities is 100% correlated (I’m not saying caused - but IMO the writing is on the wall) with over $1Bn of commercial insurance claims last summer.

Dorn knew the risk he was taking when he confronted a violent looter. Floyd, who we can agree was a world class POS, had his life taken by a murderous authority figure.l while his sheep squad watched and did nothing. That’s why his family got paid.

I don’t need to hear Dorn’s name come out the mouths of worthless pols or even more worthless race grifters to have seen plenty of outrage in the news and digital sphere to know that people were pissed and outraged.
Pretty sure St George had like 3-4x the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system when he died. Stop blaming the cops.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Pretty sure St George had like 3-4x the lethal dose of fentanyl in his system when he died. Stop blaming the cops.
Then I’m pretty sure you didn’t watch the trial. Because that’s false. Move out.

Yes, really. I don't have time to read everything.
Of course you don’t - who does? I just know that the number has been shared here multiple times - even before I took my break. Did you not see it those times or did you dismiss it based on who was posting it?

Of course you don’t - who does? I just know that the number has been shared here multiple times - even before I took my break. Did you not see it those times or did you dismiss it based on who was posting it?
I don't recall seeing it mentioned until you brought it up here. But I don't read everything on the forum, either, and there are a couple of posters I don't read at all. Like I said above, the idea that there would be a correlation between protests and insurance payouts makes perfect sense. Even in cases where riots were not directly caused by protesters, they still seemed to happen in the same communities, by and large.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
People that block streets should be run over.

Blocking streets is a crime in Colorado and I would assume all states have similar laws.
tiananmen-square-tank-man-01-file-ap-jef-190529_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

I love this clip from "All the President's Men" plus I like almost everything Hal Holbrook has done. Trump and his Congress supporters can be summed up in the line "the truth is these are not very bright guys and things got out of hand".

Reactions: Morrison
LOL Cheany and Kinzinger are not republicans but nice try. They are both on audition for a CNN job and the only reason lefties like them now is they hate Trump. Cheaney is a neocon war monger but the dems should welcome her with open arms. It is interestiing the lefties do not seem to want manchin or sinema much they much prefer the swauad and the nuts so yeah there you go.

This is some amazing stupidity you've displayed here.

When it took 5 minutes longer to get to Golden Corral or Cracker Barrel.
Yeah no. We were referring to the endless BLM summer of love protests blocking roads, but you knew that. BLM protests by an organization that supports the abolition of police, stood by Jussie, and says that police should never be believed. All over a drug addict, criminal whose family got paid out far more than anyone ever should have been paid out and gave rise to false claims of unarmed blacks being killed at a higher rate. No street should have been blocked. Race baiting bs that people like you fell for hook line and sinker.

Reactions: jet812
I still want an accurate number of (a) folks intending to commit violence for the purpose of preventing election certification, versus (b) dummies incapable of controlling themselves and easily subjected to mob psychology and who did stupid shit because they’re stupid, versus (c) folks just exercising their rights to protest and bitch about government.

Most elected Democrats inaccurately and indefensibly and intentionally lump all 3 groups together for political gain, and should be impeached.
For what it's worth, I think you could probably start formulating those numbers yourself. The folks in the 'c' category presumably didn't enter the Capitol and their day probably began and ended with them doing no more than yelling and screaming with some version of MAGA sign on the national mall.

I'm not sure 'a' and 'b' deserve to be seperated. I'm not a lawyer and maybe this is a grey area, but if you go along with a group committing a crime even if you didn't originally set out to break any laws, you're still guilty of committing a crime.

Reactions: UncleMark
Likely nothing.

And don't conflate this comment with some imagined support for the Gravy Navy or their riot.
You might be right. But in my mind I can't rationalize a crowd chanting, "Hang Mike Pence" (and literally building gallows) and attacking a few policemen would stop at a Pence or a Pelosi and just stop. It may be true, but it sounds incongruent.

You might be right. But in my mind I can't rationalize a crowd chanting, "Hang Mike Pence" (and literally building gallows) and attacking a few policemen would stop at a Pence or a Pelosi and just stop. It may be true, but it sounds incongruent.
Yep. We'll never know for sure, but had they come face to face with either Pelosi or Pence, I can't imagine rational thought overtaking mob-mentality and they'd just nicely request that they overturn the election results.

Reactions: DrHoops
Yep. We'll never know for sure, but had they come face to face with either Pelosi or Pence, I can't imagine rational thought overtaking mob-mentality and they'd just nicely request that they overturn the election results.
Nah. Had that been the goal they would have brought an arsenal of weapons. Lord knows they have them. Nothing would have happened

Reactions: DANC
Nah. Had that been the goal they would have brought an arsenal of weapons. Lord knows they have them. Nothing would have happened
Again, this is all speculative, but I can't imagine 'nothing' would have happened. At the absolute least, I'd think they would have held them hostage with zip ties to make their silly election overturning demands, which is definitely not nothing. Even if it was just for a short amount of time.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT