ADVERTISEMENT

McCain discontinues medical treatment . . .

I predict that after he dies, Trump will make a perfunctory statement of condolence and remembrance, but will then in some way, shape, or fashion figure out a way to get in one last dig.

Reactions: meridian
Peace to the Senator and his family.

I second that! Unfortunately, on AOL, there are posters who are absolutely crucifying Senator McCain. Just pathetic. I never thought I would live to see the day come when political tribalism, cultism and ignorance would fester to this disgraceful limit.
The party of Trump now demonizes anyone that does not bow to their corrupt leader. Doesn’t matter if they are dying, served their country, lost a child, etc. If they dare to speak out against Dear Leader, they are fair game for abuse and derision.

Regardless of our disagreements with McCain, we all should grieve, if not for him for the impending death of conservative grace and dignity. There are very few conservatives who have managed to maintain any semblance of self-dignity under Trump. McCain has. Furthermore, liberals have the only two GOP women senators and McCain to thank for saving Obamacare.

Just upgrade from CompuServe?
It's a hardware issue.

Public-Domain-Telephone-Image-GraphicsFairy.jpg

I'm sorry, on what now?

Just upgrade from CompuServe?

It's a hardware issue.

Public-Domain-Telephone-Image-GraphicsFairy.jpg

OK :) You guys did some funny ball breaking at my expense. I don't have thin skin, however, allow me to defend myself, here. I was trying to resolve a computer problem for my neighbour on her home pc. She is 85 and has AOL. I happened to see the McCain video and read the comments. At least she doesn't still have "dial up!" I deleted my original post to prevent further humiliation. Guess I do have thin skin! Tough crowd ;)

Last edited:
OK :) You guys did some funny ball breaking at my expense. I don't have thin skin, however, allow me to defend myself, here. I was trying to resolve a computer problem for my neighbour on her home pc. She is 85 and has AOL. I happened to see the McCain video and read the comments. At least she doesn't still have "dial up!" I deleted my original post to prevent further humiliation. Guess I do have thin skin! Tough crowd ;)

The direction of the thread is strange, but it does have me missing the old usenet groups. Anyone still visit them?

Elsewhere I asked if you were from Terhune. I missed your answer if there was one, but I am curious. Are you from Terhune?

I consider us lucky we don't have to pay you. ;)

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan
Elsewhere I asked if you were from Terhune. I missed your answer if there was one, but I am curious. Are you from Terhune?

Yeah, you asked me that awhile back, Ladoga, either on here or the hoops forum and I answered you on both occasions. No, I'm not from there. I chose that name from "Hoosiers." I'm embarrassed to admit that at the time, I was unaware such a town exists in our state. An old high school classmate lives near Terhune and has a bunch of restored classic autos. The movie crew used one of his vehicles (an old truck...year ?) in the movie. It is seen parked on the street as "Norman Dale" drives into town for the first time.

I wasn't able to help her. The poor lady has Frontier Internet and I could 've shaved while waiting for that "high speed" perk. That's her major issue. I haven't seen a set up like hers since Christ was an altar boy.
In nearly all cases, connectivity speed issues stem from problems with the local machine, not the connection itself. It's easy to confirm with live media.

In nearly all cases, connectivity speed issues stem from problems with the local machine, not the connection itself. It's easy to confirm with live media.

True. I'm not a computer whiz, but know enough to get by and performed some basic maintenance which accomplished nothing. She has a very old Dell which needs replacing, but with her age at 85, (she's a pretty sharp lady though) that's probably unlikely to happen. My niece is very knowledgeable with computers, so I may contact her to possibly give it a thorough going over. The speed is like molasses!

I think the reason I really enjoyed McCain's HBO documentary is because it did not shy away from his imperfections.

Infidelity, broke under torture, the Keating five, through it all I think he was still someone who tried his hardest to do the right thing and knew his self interests were secondary.

That's not easy to find in modern day politicians.

No kidding! I have had some of that Chinese medicine myself!:(

Reactions: TerhuneHoosierfan
CNN reporting McCain requested both W and Obama to speak at his funeral. Hmmmm who did he leave out? All of DC will be there except for Trump. As it should be.

CNN reporting McCain requested both W and Obama to speak at his funeral. Hmmmm who did he leave out? All of DC will be there except for Trump. As it should be.
I'm standing by my prediction in post #3.

Reports are that lights are still on in the residence, and Fox is treating McCain with some level of reverence. Adding two and two together, I'm guessing Trump will wake up a big McCain fan.

We will see how powerful his Breitbart pull is....some truly vile shit over there tonight.

"Few of us have been tested the way John once was, or required to show the kind of courage that he did. But all of us can aspire to the courage to put the greater good above our own. At John’s best, he showed us what that means."

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Reports are that lights are still on in the residence, and Fox is treating McCain with some level of reverence. Adding two and two together, I'm guessing Trump will wake up a big McCain fan.

We will see how powerful his Breitbart pull is....some truly vile shit over there tonight.
Yep. I’ve seen him called a traitor and all kinds of other names by Trumpsters on twitter tonight. This is just another example of what has done to our discourse. Can you imagine a few years ago envisioning the treatment that John McCain is receiving from his own party? It shows how far the Trump wing of the party has lost its way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT