ADVERTISEMENT

Mar-a-Lago is Under Siege

Yeah. They have been talking for months. There is a lot of room between talking and implementing the criminal apparatus to have your way over some measly boxes concerning a statute that is rarely used for a criminal action even in more aggravated circumstances. If you don’t see what’s wrong here at every conceivable level, you are the one who has gone off the deep end.

And you can stop with that cult bullshit anytime. All that shows me is you don’t like trump voters but are not smart enough to say why.
Oh I’m plenty smart enough to say why, if you’d care to hear it. It’s pathetic to me you call sensitive classified material measly boxes. Why didn’t Trump give it back months ago? I’d imagine there’s a reason. Party of law and order… sure thing.

Oh I’m plenty smart enough to say why, if you’d care to hear it. It’s pathetic to me you call sensitive classified material measly boxes. Why didn’t Trump give it back months ago? I’d imagine there’s a reason. Party of law and order… sure thing.

Also the religious party of high morals but elected Trump lol

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Yeah. They have been talking for months. There is a lot of room between talking and implementing the criminal apparatus to have your way over some measly boxes concerning a statute that is rarely used for a criminal action even in more aggravated circumstances. If you don’t see what’s wrong here at every conceivable level, you are the one who has gone off the deep end.

And you can stop with that cult bullshit anytime. All that shows me is you don’t like trump voters but are not smart enough to say why.
What more aggravated circumstances have there been since the Presidential Records Act was enacted in the 70s than the Jan 6 riot? What's he got to hide is a perfectly reasonable question, don't you think?

How can they be talking for months? Let's see how this should play out.

Government: Mr President, do you have documents that were supposed to stay?
Attorney: Uhm, yes. We have documents that were accidentally removed. We will send them to your location in the next two days.
Government: Thank you.

How can there be "months' of discussion? If you have something that doesn't belong to you, you return it as quickly as possible.

Attorney: Uhm, yes. We have documents that were accidentally removed. We will send them to your location in the next two days.

How can there be "months' of discussion? If you have something that doesn't belong to you, you return it as quickly as possible.

His copying machine only goes so fast.

It was a beautiful siege. A perfect seige. People are saying that they have never seen such a perfect seige.
I don't know the classified documents very well.

The classified documents weren't with us very long.

The classified documents didn't really do much with us.

We only used the classified documents to order coffee and sandwiches to be brought in.

Andrew Yang🧢⬆️🇺🇸

@AndrewYang

·
1h

Unfortunately I fear we will look back on this as a day that activated extremism and not the opposite.

Andrew Yang

@AndrewYang

·
2h

“If they raided his home just to find classified documents he took from The White House,” one legal expert noted, “he will be re-elected president in 2024, hands down. It will prove to be the greatest law enforcement mistake in history.”

I do not think they care as I said hate blinds people.

To answer your question: lawyers.

I'm actually betting their is nothing there. Trump wanted this happen. Forced it to happen. Now he can cry "victim!" and his lemmings will follow. Everything with Trump is a con.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Crayfish57
Clinton’s and Hunter say hello
Go ahead and prosecute them. too. I don't care.

Republicans/conservatives/Trumpists don't get it -- the "double standard" they always claim regarding Hunter Biden and the Clintons does not mean Trump is innocent. And, the Trump White House and Trump-controlled Congress didn't prosecute them, so why is it a "double standard" if no one else prosecutes them either.

Out of 350 million people, they can always find someone who wasn't prosecuted for something, so their incessant claims of "double standard" don't prove anything.

Nothing can be bi-partisan when the GOP says no to anything the dem's propose for the sole reason that it was the dems that proposed it.

Just because the GOP needs trump for their re-election (and thus would never agree to anything bi-partisan) doesn't mean there shouldn't be repercussions for trump's actions. So nothing is legit until more in the GOP are willing to grow some balls (more than Cheney, Kinzinger, et al)?
It's a common talking point that NOTHING pass in congress due to the other party's obstruction (now the claim is GOP obstructionism and when the roles are reversed it's Democratic obstructionism). That's true for some controversial bills (controversial from the perspective of the opposing party), but not for most. The 117th Congress, which is the current one, has passed 159 of them so far.

Last edited:
Yeah, like they keep the launch codes in cardboard boxes, or maybe the specs for the 6th generation fighter? How about the invasion plans for China?

Most likely these are personal notes of conversations which even the former Director of the FBI gave to the NYT with the intent that they be published.

You posted "talking for months."

Tell us -- how else would you retrieve government documents (classified and unclassified) if you had been "talking for months" with Trump and he still hadn't returned all of them?

Trump has been out of office for nearly 19 months. Isn't that long enough?

Reactions: Bill4411
I'm actually betting their is nothing there. Trump wanted this happen. Forced it to happen. Now he can cry "victim!" and his lemmings will follow. Everything with Trump is a con.
This has been my stance for a long time. The GOP great rallying cry, from POTUS to posters on this board is "I'm a victim! It's not fair! Everyone is out to get me!"

Reactions: mrhighlife
You’re correct. Patraeus shared the material with his paramour right? There are several civilian cases we know of where there was no prosecution when the allegation was mishandling or actually knowingly taking possession of. (Clinton and Berger).
Sandy Berger was fined and sentenced to two years of probation and community service. He also gave up his license to practice law. I think he got off easy for intentionally and deliberately stealing classified documents.

If it is indeed true that the boxes the FBI took contained classified documents than those that (rightfully) considered Hillary's negligently handling of classified information within her unauthorized and unclassified private email system to be a big deal, yet think Trump doing it is OK, are being extremely hypocritical.

Plus, he was already ordered to give them back and he only gave some back. When someone isn't cooperating, then they have no one to blame but themselves when the next step is taken.
That's the beauty of smashing cell phones with a ball peen hammer.

NAPA sells them , they are easy to get.

Reactions: DANC
Yeah, like they keep the launch codes in cardboard boxes, or maybe the specs for the 6th generation fighter? How about the invasion plans for China?

Most likely these are personal notes of conversations which even the former Director of the FBI gave to the NYT with the intent that they be published.
Lol. I’m certain you know what’s in them.

Nothing can be bi-partisan when the GOP says no to anything the dem's propose for the sole reason that it was the dems that proposed it.

Just because the GOP needs trump for their re-election (and thus would never agree to anything bi-partisan) doesn't mean there shouldn't be repercussions for trump's actions. So nothing is legit until more in the GOP are willing to grow some balls (more than Cheney, Kinzinger, et al)?
Because the Dems say yes to everything the GOP does because they are all such great and wonderful people. This is better than watching Seinfeld reruns.

Reactions: ulrey

Oh bullshit. You have no idea what the docs consist of, nor do you know anything about the warrant, the supporting affidavit(s) and the probable cause that was demonstrated, so stop with your nonsensical speculation. You're tying yourself in knots trying to defend a sociopath. (Actually, diminished capacity may ultimately be his best defense).

Do tell! I am anxiously awaiting to read all of your great wisdom!

Reactions: ulrey

No way Trump had anything so important!

So says Businessman Eric Trump:

(Eric) Trump then commented on what he thought the FBI was looking for, saying that his father kept "press clippings" and other paraphernalia.​

"You'd have, you know, newspaper articles, pictures, notes from us. When my mom passed away a couple of weeks ago, you know, he still had all the notes," Trump said. "You know, over the years they've been saved all the notes that she had ever written him. Hey, man, it's a beautiful thing. My father saves clippings and things like that."​

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57

Since the phone records of nearly every security branch of the federal government are mysteriously missing for Jan 6, those notes are worthy of seizure.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...t-case-widens-to-trump-era-pentagon-officials

Sandy Berger was fined and sentenced to two years of probation and community service. He also gave up his license to practice law. I think he got off easy for intentionally and deliberately stealing classified documents.

If it is indeed true that the boxes the FBI took contained classified documents than those that (rightfully) considered Hillary's negligently handling of classified information within her unauthorized and unclassified private email system to be a big deal, yet think Trump doing it is OK, are being extremely hypocritical.
I don't know enough about either case to make this claim, but I'll ask you:

Is it also inconsistent to have defended H. Clinton's email system but think Trump should be criminally prosecuted for this? Is the difference the suspected state of mind of the two, i.e. negligent v. intentional?

Reactions: Crayfish57
I saw where the MAGA crowd were protesting outside Mar-A-Lago last night, which is hilarious. Trump doesn't like those people and under different circumstances/context, he'd likely have them removed. He loves the low-information voters, but save for getting them whipped up into a frenzy to support him, he doesn't want them anywhere near him.

That's the irony of this all. It's so weird to me that Trump is the hill these people are willing to die on. There are some fringe elements who are calling for a new civil war over this. And not only will Trump let it happen, he'd 100% let them hang out to dry if push came to shove. If a rogue group decided to take over a federal building or hold a Democratic legislator hostage - or something like that - Trump would MAYBE eventually give a half-hearted comment about those people not fully representing him/his followers, but he really wouldn't care.

Imagine throwing your life away in the name of Trump. What a bunch of gullible chumps.

Is it also inconsistent to have defended H. Clinton's email system but think Trump should be criminally prosecuted for this? Is the difference the suspected state of mind of the two, i.e. negligent v. intentional?

RIght now it is more an argument over whether or not the raid itself was legitimate. Not much discussion if Trump should be charged with anything (that i have seen).

I think there is a difference between negligent vs intentional. I also think that much less would have been made about Trump if he had just returned the stuff when he was told to do so. Trump's refusal to comply is what has turned this into a story.

Reactions: Bill4411
I saw where the MAGA crowd were protesting outside Mar-A-Lago last night, which is hilarious. Trump doesn't like those people and under different circumstances/context, he'd likely have them removed. He loves the low-information voters, but save for getting them whipped up into a frenzy to support him, he doesn't want them anywhere near him.

That's the irony of this all. It's so weird to me that Trump is the hill these people are willing to die on. There are some fringe elements who are calling for a new civil war over this. And not only will Trump let it happen, he'd 100% let them hang out to dry if push came to shove. If a rogue group decided to take over a federal building or hold a Democratic legislator hostage - or something like that - Trump would MAYBE eventually give a half-hearted comment about those people not fully representing him/his followers, but he really wouldn't care.

Imagine throwing your life away in the name of Trump. What a bunch of gullible chumps.
Speaking of being guillable. Do you actually believe in the last 100 yrs at least anybody that was elected president gives an actual shit about any individual member of the general public other than their vote? I'm sure when Hillary won she was highly concerned about the ''TacoBowls'' and other various people ?

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
So the FBI Director who Trump appointed in 2017, and has served less time under the current Admin than what he served under Trump, "falsified" a warrant to retrieve documents that should have never left the WH, and definitely should have been returned over the past 2 years?

And why exactly would Wray want to do that?

For a non-Trumper you sure do fall over yourself promoting conspiracy theories designed to defend him...
So you have faith in Trump’s judgement in character with regard to his selection?

First of all It’s not clear that this is even classified material. Another description out there is Trump violated the records act which is why Archives is involved.

Secondly, if these are classified documents, scienter is a required element of any prosecution. The FBI Hoovering the boxes suggests it has no idea what they are looking for.. So the FBI would take the position of not knowing what Trump has, but if he has classified stuff, he did it deliberately. I don’t know if that satisfies the warrant requirements.

I think January 6 dirt is at the heart of this.

Yes, that is also inconsistent and hypocritical. The difference would be gross negligence (HRC was that and it meets the definition of the crime) and deliberate. However, many defended HRC by claiming it was no big deal that Top Secret SAP information was transmitted and stored in her unauthorized and unsecure personal email system. Properly handling classified information is ALWAYS a big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT