ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Williams...

He did Swanigan and I guess if he has any other kids coming up he will steer them as well.

He had two sons who were both D1 prospects (one football one basketball) and neither of them went to Purdue even though we offered both. If he was partial to Purdue don't you think he would've steered his own sons there?

Reactions: Boilermaker03
He had two sons who were both D1 prospects (one football one basketball) and neither of them went to Purdue even though we offered both. If he was partial to Purdue don't you think he would've steered his own sons there?

I could be off here but during that time Rosie & PU were not on good terms. Is that accurate?

And both of those boys were elite level players, right?

If Ok. State provides you a scholarship in Football...yeah your pretty good at Football. Lets be real here we can criticize all we want but unitl you receive a high D1 scholarship...we are just people on a board with opinions.

As for the RB thing..he liked Purdue over MSU because they already had a PF that was predicted to be a higher rated NBA prospect and he felt AJ would help him with some of the negatives in his game...rim protection. I believe it helped because it showed he was effective at rebounding and low post scoring.

If Ok. State provides you a scholarship in Football...yeah your pretty good at Football. Lets be real here we can criticize all we want but unitl you receive a high D1 scholarship...we are just people on a board with opinions.

What are you saying here? Brad Stevens did not receive a high D1 offer, yet he knows quite a bit about basketball. I'm confused about what you are stating. If you don't have a D1 offer, you are clueless? (Not being a jerk, truly asking)

I let John Hoosierr slide because he tried to cherry picked out what I said without reading all my responses & his own response blew up in his face. I knew of the Jerry Meyer Tweet so I let him dig his own grave without being an ass. Jerry knows PU is not landing those 2 or he would not have followed up saying he does not think they land them. I knew what JH would do and he followed up as expected. Lol noticed he could not answer any of my other questions. So funny when people really have no clue or have done zero research outside of a Google search. Love angry PU fans.

Last edited:
What I meant by that is how highly sought after they were.

Irregardless, to argue Rosie didn't steer CS to Purdue is laughable.
Actually, Rosie signed the MSU letter of Intent. It was Caleb that tore it up later, and decided for Purdue. Rosie had no issue with either school. It was Caleb that decided to change after looking over the roster of MSU and realizing he had a better chance to play where and what he wanted at Purdue.

Rosie sent both his boys to other schools even though they had offers to Purdue. As a whole, Barns has been pretty neutral toward "steering" any players to Purdue. Just to set the record straight. I know it doesn't fit with the current mythology flying around this board, but it is the truth.

Actually, Rosie signed the MSU letter of Intent. It was Caleb that tore it up later, and decided for Purdue. Rosie had no issue with either school. It was Caleb that decided to change after looking over the roster of MSU and realizing he had a better chance to play where and what he wanted at Purdue.

Rosie sent both his boys to other schools even though they had offers to Purdue. As a whole, Barns has been pretty neutral toward "steering" any players to Purdue. Just to set the record straight. I know it doesn't fit with the current mythology flying around this board, but it is the truth.
Of course he doesn't push them to Purdue. He probably wants them to be successful instead.

Reactions: HoosiersChamps
Yeah because many on here believe they know RB personally. CB is a good kid and once again if you want to argue what I know...thats laughable. I don't need to explain nor express who I know...but I do happen to know more on this situation.

What are you saying here? Brad Stevens did not receive a high D1 offer, yet he knows quite a bit about basketball. I'm confused about what you are stating. If you don't have a D1 offer, you are clueless? (Not being a jerk, truly asking)

I let John Hoosierr slide because he tried to cherry picked out what I said without reading all my responses & his own response blew up in his face. I knew of the Jerry Meyer Tweet so I let him dig his own grave without being an ass. Jerry knows PU is not landing those 2 or he would not have followed up saying he does not think they land them. I knew what JH would do and he followed up as expected. Lol noticed he could not answer any of my other questions. So funny when people really have no clue or have done zero research outside of a Google search. Love angry PU fans.
Lmao you did NOT know about that tweet. You're also lying by saying Jerry said we won't land them, that or your reading comprehension sucks. He said we are in the thick of it and he's not sure where they'll land, did not say we wouldn't get them. What fantasy land are you living in?

Come back when you land them. Then we'll talk.

fwiw - Purdue probably has a better shot at landing them than IU

Cool story

Lmao you did NOT know about that tweet. You're also lying by saying Jerry said we won't land them, that or your reading comprehension sucks. He said we are in the thick of it and he's not sure where they'll land, did not say we wouldn't get them. What fantasy land are you living in?

Lol
You are so dumb. I did not want to revert to name calling but you forced my hand. Jerry flat out said he did not think PU would land them.... how does that equate to a shot. Otherwise Jerry would have stated there is a chance. Just because you don't follow Twitter and read what others say about PU recruiting, don't claim what I know or don't know. I 100% read that tweet and why I challenged you to provide a quote from someone who said they lead or will land them. I'm still waiting on those quotes too.

I stated in multiple post to show me where PU leads or is believed to land them. I asked that in 3 different post, yet my reading comprehension is poor. How many times do I have to state the same question? Tasmanian even called you out to show proof where I stated to show proof of someone stating you have a chance.

Go back to your angry and frustrated PU life where you believe everything is about PU or anti-IU. Hell I even said I thought PU had a slim chance with MW in a few of my post.

Last edited:
Lol
You are so dumb. I did not want to revert to name calling but you forced my hand. Jerry flat out said he did not think PU would land them.... how does that equate to a shot. Otherwise Jerry would have stated there is a chance. Just because you don't follow Twitter and read what others say about PU recruiting, don't claim what I know or don't know. I 100% read that tweet and why I challenged you to prove a quote from someone who said they lead or will land them. I'm still waiting on those quotes too.

I stated in multiple post to show me where PU leads or is believed to land them. I asked that in 3 different post, yet my reading comprehension is poor. How many time do I have to state the same question? Tasmanian even called you out to show proof where I stated to provide proof.

Go back to your angry and frustrated PU life where you believe everything is about PU or anti-IU. Hell I even said I thought PU had a slim chance with MW in a few of my post.

What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

What did you expect? "Welcome, sonny"? "Make yourself at home"? "Marry my daughter"? You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.

Lol... I try to be nice to the simpletons.

I'm premium member here and up to speed on recruiting for the main 4. PU might be recruiting him hard, but their chances are closer to none than slim. Sorry if that's not what you want to hear but it's doubtful he'll be in the BIG unless he picks Maryland. So yeah, I'm quite confident in what is going on, not to mention my local contact within the Indy HS. One north side principal said IU & PU will be wasting their time recruiting Jackson. He told me that 2 years ago.

Just getting caught up. I've always thought Jackson was headed East Coast. Scruggs to Xavier so he can start right away. Williams is MSU/Louisville and Wilkes is a no clue. Is that a safe assumption at this point?

Reactions: Hoogolf
Just getting caught up. I've always thought Jackson was headed East Coast. Scruggs to Xavier so he can start right away. Williams is MSU/Louisville and Wilkes is a no clue. Is that a safe assumption at this point?

Yep.. That's what I'm reading and hearing. That is always subject to change tho, but that's being reported right now.

Why would Scruggs not be willing to come here and compete for a starting spot so to me there would have to be other reasons he chooses to go elsewhere.

I have no idea? Maybe Crean offering several other PG in the same class? I really have no idea. Per the national media, Xavier is all in on Scruggs, so I'm sure that matters too. I don't think you can shut the door on IU with Scruggs. Crean typically will land 1 of the Indy studs. Which 1 is the question.

I have no idea? Maybe Crean offering several other PG in the same class? I really have no idea. Per the national media, Xavier is all in on Scruggs, so I'm sure that matters too. I don't think you can shut the door on IU with Scruggs. Crean typically will land 1 of the Indy studs. Which 1 is the question.

If we only get one I would probably pick Wilkes. I have seen Scruggs a few times on TV and once in person and I think he is very talented but to me I did not care for his attitude.

I wonder if not getting Scruggs would ultimately help with potentially getting Langford. Thought I remembered reading that there was some friction there when they played against each other in the state tournament. Doubt it matters one way or the other but hey, every dark cloud has a silver lining, right?

I wonder if not getting Scruggs would ultimately help with potentially getting Langford. Thought I remembered reading that there was some friction there when they played against each other in the state tournament. Doubt it matters one way or the other but hey, every dark cloud has a silver lining, right?
Only way IU gets Romeo is if there is another coach.

Of course he doesn't push them to Purdue. He probably wants them to be successful instead.
Where did Scott May send his son? Where did Lionel Hollins send his sons? Where did Jim Jackson send his son? Rosie didn't send or steer his kids anywhere.

Where did Scott May send his son? Where did Lionel Hollins send his sons? Where did Jim Jackson send his son? Rosie didn't send or steer his kids anywhere.

If Knight was at IU, do you think Sean May goes to UNC? I don't believe OSU offered JJ's son.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rakkasan29
If Knight was at IU, do you think Sean May goes to UNC? I don't believe OSU offered JJ's son.
I'm not going to parse statements. Those were just three examples of a whole friggin bunch every year. Kids who don't follow their parents to the alma mater. How about Gary Harris?

I'm not going to parse statements. Those were just three examples of a whole friggin bunch every year. Kids who don't follow their parents to the alma mater. How about Gary Harris?

Well you picked 2 that really did not apply. I asked a question that you choose not to answer. Would Sean may have went to UNC if knight were not fired? I never said I disagree with you. Instead you choose to take 2 examples that are far from close in comparison. Hell JJ's son was not even offered by OSU, and everyone including PU fans know Scott may was not sending Sean to IU after knights firing. The avg idiot knows that.

Next time provide better comparison. Even GH is a poor one as everyone knows his mom was not happy how PU recruited him. That's why PU was not in his top 2. Or I could be an ass, and use the Kyle Guy article after the MAA game where he said PU was never considered while people at GBI thought they had a "legit" shot. See how that works. Why would a kid commit to MSU then backtrack and mysteriously show up at PU enrolled. Why would Macintosh pick NW over PU? Cause he wanted an IU offer... Heck he admitted on BTN before IU played them. Thats why we question CS commitment process.

Well you picked 2 that really did not apply. I asked a question that you choose not to answer. Would Sean may have went to UNC if knight were not fired? I never said I disagree with you. Instead you choose to take 2 examples that are far from close in comparison. Hell JJ's son was not even offered by OSU, and everyone including PU fans know Scott may was not sending Sean to IU after knights firing. The avg idiot knows that.

Next time provide better comparison. Even GH is a poor one as everyone knows his mom was not happy how PU recruited him. That's why PU was not in his top 2. Or I could be an ass, and use the Kyle Guy article after the MAA game where he said PU was never considered while people at GBI thought they had a "legit" shot. See how that works. Why would a kid commit to MSU then backtrack and mysteriously show up at PU enrolled. Why would Macintosh pick NW over PU? Cause he wanted an IU offer... Heck he admitted on BTN before IU played them. Thats why we question CS commitment process.

Did you here the interview of Jeff Teague on the DD show the other day. DD asked Teague why he went to Wake Forrest and he said that he chose them because of the Sampson situation at IU. DD asked him about Purdue and Teague said Painter told him that he was not good enough to play at Purdue. This should show you how bad Painter is at player evaluation.

Did you here the interview of Jeff Teague on the DD show the other day. DD asked Teague why he went to Wake Forrest and he said that he chose them because of the Sampson situation at IU. DD asked him about Purdue and Teague said Painter told him that he was not good enough to play at Purdue. This should show you how bad Painter is at player evaluation.

I did hear that and I chuckled.

Do you really want to open up that can of worms regarding coaches and their inability to properly evaluate players? Crean supporters would be well served to lay low on that topic.

Reactions: kevindub

I highly doubt Painter flat out told him that. I'm pretty sure we filled up our scholarships pretty quickly and didn't have room for him. Painter is blunt but I doubt he'd say something like that.

I highly doubt Painter flat out told him that. I'm pretty sure we filled up our scholarships pretty quickly and didn't have room for him. Painter is blunt but I doubt he'd say something like that.
I tend to agree with this.

That was the class CMP pulled in Etwann, JJ, Hummel and Martin. Then there were guys like New Castle's Zach Hahn (who started over Teague in the All-Star games) and Matt Howard. Hahn talked Howard into playing at Butler (they were AAU teammates) but both had been recruited by Purdue, with Painter offering Howard.

Unless Purdue had additional scholly's available (not sure CMP has ever oversigned), Teague likely felt that Painter viewed him as not good enough because of not being offered. That was a helluva year for great talent out of Indiana.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT