ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Williams...

You say recruiting rankings don't matter then in the Same comment try and make fun of Purdue in the case that Minnesota and Penn state would somehow pass us which will never happen. You're in way over your head.

I did not write the commentary, which was written by ITH. I only posted the last comment. I just want you to understand the level of elite recruiting at PU. You act like PU is competive nationally when you are not even top 5 in the Big. I do agree rankings do not matter, but that was not the point and your PU blinders worked as they are programmed.

You can twist it all you want, but it would be wise of you to stay on GBI where theories, hopes and false ramblings are percieved as the truth. Hope Painter picks it up or PSU & Minny will be taking recruits from PU.

The whole country laughs at you guys.

Especially CBS, ESPN, Foxsports and every other national media source. They laugh at us so much, they pay millions of dollars to air our games.

Did you buy your ESPN3 subscription for your PU games this year? Lol

I did not write the commentary, which was written by ITH. I only posted the last comment. I just want you to understand the level elite recruiting at PU. You act PU is competive nationally when you are not even top 5 in the Big. I do agree rankings do not matter, but that was not the point and your PU blinders worked as they are programmed.

You can twist it all you want, but it would be wise of you to stay on GBI where theories, hopes and false ramblings are percieved as the truth. Hope Painter picks it up or PSU & Minny will be taking recruits from PU.
No Indiana bigs would touch iu with a ten foot pole.

Especially CBS, ESPN, Foxsports and every other national media source. They laugh at us so much, they pay millions of dollars to air our games.

Did you buy your ESPN3 subscription for your PU games this year? Lol
Of course they laugh at you delusional fans, cream as well.

No Indiana bigs would touch iu with a ten foot pole.

Lol
Is that the best you got? Sure IU does not typically attract the 4 year slobs like PU. I thought AJ was a first rounder after his Soph year per PU fans. How did that pan out? Biggie went to PU to be a one & done... Hmmm

See we look at guys like Zeller, Vohnle and Bryant...
2 top 10 picks and a 3rd that is a 1st rnd/lotto pick for next draft. I guess if I want to be mean, OG... A PF is in the first round mock drafts now.

I see now why a Big would pick PU. Hahahahaha

It came directly from the mouth of Teague. I have never once heard where Crean told a player that he was not good enough to play at IU.
If it came from the mouth of Teague and fits your agenda, it must be true?? If Teague was so highly viewed at the time, why didnt IU take him?

If it came from the mouth of Teague and fits your agenda, it must be true?? If Teague was so highly viewed at the time, why didnt IU take him?
IU recruited him hard. Sampson actually made some illegal phone calls trying to sign him. Teague relayed that on the DD show. That same show is where Teague stated that Painter told him he was not good enough to play for the Broilees.

Purdue folk are thought by everyone to be the more intelligent fan base.,

If that were the case then you would know where that quote came from. (Without looking it up)

For it to even be remotely true "everyone" would actually have to start having thoughts about Purdue folk, which just doesn't happen.

You're not very good at this.

What else you got? As I see you've moved on from the vacated wins...

If you heard the interview with DD he said he would have went to IU if it was not for the problem with Sampson.

Sampson was trying to land D Rose with Gordon. Teague was plan B if I recall correctly. Also we already signed #1 juco in Ellis & underrated Crawford was on board too.

Sampson was trying to land D Rose with Gordon. Teague was plan B if I recall correctly. Also we already signed #1 juco in Ellis & underrated Crawford was on board too.

I completely forgot Ellis existed lol. Dude is/was a joke.

I guess my point is, both teams had very good recruits already and he was plan B for both. Doesnt really mean he wasnt good enough, but maybe the timing was not right.

Reactions: Hoogolf
I guess my point is, both teams had very good recruits already and he was plan B for both. Doesnt really mean he wasnt good enough, but maybe the timing was not right.
Ok... I never said he was plan B for PU. I thought PU had a full class too

Are you SERIOUSLY going to tell us that Roosevelt Barnes didn't get CS for CMP?
Yes I am. Because Barns didn't even steer his own kids to Purdue. There is literally no evidence out there that CS was pushed towards Purdue other than his adoptive father is an ex Purdue player. Yet this same ex Purdue player didn't even push his own kids towards Purdue. It just doesn't add up.

Actually, Rosie signed the MSU letter of Intent. It was Caleb that tore it up later, and decided for Purdue. Rosie had no issue with either school. It was Caleb that decided to change after looking over the roster of MSU and realizing he had a better chance to play where and what he wanted at Purdue.

Rosie sent both his boys to other schools even though they had offers to Purdue. As a whole, Barns has been pretty neutral toward "steering" any players to Purdue. Just to set the record straight. I know it doesn't fit with the current mythology flying around this board, but it is the truth.
These guys don't like to hear the truth.

Yes I am. Because Barns didn't even steer his own kids to Purdue. There is literally no evidence out there that CS was pushed towards Purdue other than his adoptive father is an ex Purdue player. Yet this same ex Purdue player didn't even push his own kids towards Purdue. It just doesn't add up.
You are way wrong in this..Barnes refused to sign calebs Loi to MsU

Recruiting class rankings over the past five signing classes (Note: Numbers used for 2016 are as of Monday, May 2)

recruitrank0502.jpg

If you need proof that recruiting rankings aren’t everything look at the bottom. The Badgers do more with less than any team in the conference. The highest 247Composite class ranking for Wisconsin over the span is 39 in 2013. (Side note: The Wisconsin classed ranked 120 in the 247Composite had one player: Ethan Happ.)

Indiana, Maryland and Michigan State have recruited the best over the span with Ohio State just a bit behind because of a 2012 class that included just one player.

Recent recruiting successes by Minnesota and Penn State suggests both teams may be able to climb up the league pecking order in the coming seasons.
------------

The last sentence suggesting minny & psu will pass PU? Lol
Ok, so I know PU's recruiting hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire, but the '16 class is what is pulling them down the most by far. Mostly because it was a one man class. Take away each teams lowest recruiting class (for the sake that it may have been a one man class and skews things). It paints a different picture from the one listed above. It shows that there is a distinct difference between the top 6 teams in the league vs the rest. Purdue being the lowest of the group in recruiting with an average rank of 28. Penn St and Minny both are 48 and 48.5 respectively.

I think trying to say those two teams are going to overtake Purdue anytime soon is stretching things a bit.

Ok, so I know PU's recruiting hasn't exactly been lighting the world on fire, but the '16 class is what is pulling them down the most by far. Mostly because it was a one man class. Take away each teams lowest recruiting class (for the sake that it may have been a one man class and skews things). It paints a different picture from the one listed above. It shows that there is a distinct difference between the top 6 teams in the league vs the rest. Purdue being the lowest of the group in recruiting with an average rank of 28. Penn St and Minny both are 48 and 48.5 respectively.

I think trying to say those two teams are going to overtake Purdue anytime soon is stretching things a bit.

The Minny & PSU was for fun. Glad you understand. :)

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Comparing Rosie's kids to CS isn't an apples-to-apples comparison.

Also, all because Rosie convinced Caleb to go to Purdue doesn't mean it was a bad, selfish thing. Barnes convinced (steered) Caleb that Purdue would be his best situation to get to the NBA - not that he "steered" him there because of his ties to the university as a former player. CS committed to MSU April 10th after Fife did a great job convincing him that the Spartans would be his best option. Between then and May 7th, Rosie and CS had several discussions that CS would get better exposure at Purdue playing at PF as opposed to play low for MSU (Deyonta Davis ended up playing inside because CS didn't come).

But if you don't think Rosie steered him to West Lafayette, well . . . believe what you want to believe.

Also, all because Rosie convinced Caleb to go to Purdue doesn't mean it was a bad, selfish thing. Barnes convinced (steered) Caleb that Purdue would be his best situation to get to the NBA - not that he "steered" him there because of his ties to the university as a former player. CS committed to MSU April 10th after Fife did a great job convincing him that the Spartans would be his best option. Between then and May 7th, Rosie and CS had several discussions that CS would get better exposure at Purdue playing at PF as opposed to play low for MSU (Deyonta Davis ended up playing inside because CS didn't come).

But if you don't think Rosie steered him to West Lafayette, well . . . believe what you want to believe.
Proof? I heard CS speak about his decision and according to him it was all his decision and RB didn't try to persuade him. I'm hoping to find it in writing but I don't have tons of time to search for these things.

Without any personal specific knowledge, this seems to make sense. CS feeding the bigs and working the 4. The downside obviously is the trade off in coaching staff and national exposure, but NBA scouts will find you even in Laffy.

His Frosh campaign was not consistent with the hype but this year he may break out.

Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT