ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Williams...

Maybe it's the 2 games I saw him play in but Scruggs to me isn't a player where if he chooses elsewhere it will sting. He's not a Yogi, Cody or JB Jr. If Scruggs wants guaranteed playing time given to him I wish him well at Xavier. Wilkes is the one I want and if he goes elsewhere that one will hurt.

Well who were they interviewing? Who did you expect it to come from? Like I said, Swanigan said pretty much the exact same thing when he was interviewed live. Your assumptions are getting the best of you here...
Who is the mouthpiece here?

But you don't think he had anything to do with Caleb going to Purdue . . . #naive

Who is the mouthpiece here?

But you don't think he had anything to do with Caleb going to Purdue . . . #naive
I'm naive because I believe what they say about why he decommitted and went to Purdue? :rolleyes: I guess I'm not supposed to take Caleb's word for it then. If Caleb didn't have RB as a parent, no he may not have looked at Purdue, but in that case he probably wouldn't have lived in Indiana either so that would have played into him not looking at Purdue as much as anything.

I'm naive because I believe what they say about why he decommitted and went to Purdue? :rolleyes: I guess I'm not supposed to take Caleb's word for it then. If Caleb didn't have RB as a parent, no he may not have looked at Purdue, but in that case he probably wouldn't have lived in Indiana either so that would have played into him not looking at Purdue as much as anything.
that is my point, that it takes circumstances like this for Purdue to get a top rated recruit.

The point was - which you liked on my other response to Scott - CS was steered toward Purdue because RB convinced him it was his best situation to get to the NBA.

It had nothing to do with RB being a former Boiler.

It had nothing to do with a friendship with CMP or his staff.

It was nothing against Izzo or Fife.

Why you'd even want to argue this is beyond me.

Reactions: Hoogolf
that is my point, that it takes circumstances like this for Purdue to get a top rated recruit.
Look, it's no secret that Purdue doesn't land top recruits much. Circumstances fell in line this time for sure. My point in all of this is that I think proximity played a roll in CS going to Purdue just as much as anything else did.

The point was - which you liked on my other response to Scott - CS was steered toward Purdue because RB convinced him it was his best situation to get to the NBA.

It had nothing to do with RB being a former Boiler.

It had nothing to do with a friendship with CMP or his staff.

It was nothing against Izzo or Fife.

Why you'd even want to argue this is beyond me.
I have no problems with this. It's those that think CS went to Purdue because Barns steered him there BECAUSE he was a former Purdue player is where I have issue.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Agree to disagree. I highly doubt Painter flat out told him that.
Why don't Purdue fans take other players/coaches/people at their word? Seems as though when it benefits Purdue or Purdue's narrative, they believe it. When it doesn't, they don't.

Why don't Purdue fans take other players/coaches/people at their word? Seems as though when it benefits Purdue or Purdue's narrative, they believe it. When it doesn't, they don't.

I believe several negative things I've heard about Purdue/Painter. I just don't believe this one.

Bingo.

Celebration, anyone?
I prefer to not discuss the things that went on in this thread. However, Biggie going to Purdue was a business decision and not a single item, but make no mistake it was believed to be the best situation for him. Biggie is a ball player , not an athlete and some places are better..and some lineups as well. Course the Fort has been good to Purdue as well..

Now relative to Biggie or Rosie not being happy according to BSmitty, I think that was rumored for a while. However, if you read Biggies Tweets about the Purdue players and coaches it certainly leaves an impression that he is very comfortable and happy to be at Purdue. Count on Biggie being school and to play who needs played in the NBA to get where he wants when ready. Biggie has a pretty good sense of humor and his tweets have removed the thought that he was not happy at Purdue that spread through the net last year. For grins he has covered Dakota, Spike, Haas, coaches (Owens/Brantley) and Carsen..

So I agree that when all was put together the best business decision was thought to be Purdue and disagree with BSmitty in that it appears that Biggie is very happy.

I prefer to not discuss the things that went on in this thread. However, Biggie going to Purdue was a business decision and not a single item, but make no mistake it was believed to be the best situation for him. Biggie is a ball player , not an athlete and some places are better..and some lineups as well. Course the Fort has been good to Purdue as well..

Now relative to Biggie or Rosie not being happy according to BSmitty, I think that was rumored for a while. However, if you read Biggies Tweets about the Purdue players and coaches it certainly leaves an impression that he is very comfortable and happy to be at Purdue. Count on Biggie being school and to play who needs played in the NBA to get where he wants when ready. Biggie has a pretty good sense of humor and his tweets have removed the thought that he was not happy at Purdue that spread through the net last year. For grins he has covered Dakota, Spike, Haas, coaches (Owens/Brantley) and Carsen..

So I agree that when all was put together the best business decision was thought to be Purdue and disagree with BSmitty in that it appears that Biggie is very happy.
Neither of us know 100% what went on but their was some comments from Rosie that were not very flattering of Painter. Also the thing about rumors is usually there is some partial truth to the story. The most glaring comment to me was that Swanigan said he was going pro if he was drafted at all. To me u don't leave after your freshman year for a second round draft pick if you are very happy in college. Again just an observation.

Neither of us know 100% what went on but their was some comments from Rosie that were not very flattering of Painter. Also the thing about rumors is usually there is some partial truth to the story. The most glaring comment to me was that Swanigan said he was going pro if he was drafted at all. To me u don't leave after your freshman year for a second round draft pick if you are very happy in college. Again just an observation.

I think that is fair. let me add that nobody on the forums that post know what went on. I think the discontent was started when he was removed from the game in the tourney among fans. People read into things other say rather than what the actual person of interest said. No doubt Rosie wanted Biggie to say he was ready so that any that wanted to take a chance knew Biggie's mindset and that his youth (could have been a high school senior) did not detract from a mature mind. I also think there "probably was" some frustration right after the game...particularly when you have the confidence Biggie has and you are not playing. Once the smoke cleared, there was an independent assessment that probably mirrored Matt's comments all along. Biggie seems pretty mature for his age and no doubt there was some things held close to the chest to see what if any interest there was NOW...particularly since he has family that could use some help financially. Biggie is skillful with a great body, but he needs more strength and explosiveness to maximize his skill set. I expect him to probably go after this year which is what most projected anyway...

If you haven't read his tweets, he seems loose enough and we know he is hungry

Oh there are a few here that will claim they do and then make it up as they go and call it good.

Oh there are a few here that will claim they do and then make it up as they go and call it good.
It was all about playing the 4 alongside 7 footers. That's all. Biggie knows that he'll only be a 4 for the majority of the time in the NBA. He'll play some 5 in small ball situations but he couldn't bank a career as solely an NBA center, and needed/needs to show that he can play the 4.

It was all about playing the 4 alongside 7 footers. That's all. Biggie knows that he'll only be a 4 for the majority of the time in the NBA. He'll play some 5 in small ball situations but he couldn't bank a career as solely an NBA center, and needed/needs to show that he can play the 4.

I posted earlier that while I have no direct information other than experience, that this strategy made a ton of sense for a kid in his position and skill set. Regardless of what people think or say about his Father, he seems to have truly saved this young man.

J
Save your fingers...this thread and a couple of others that have been hijacked is just their new tact for their campaign...another myth created! :D
Hey Chey - care to comment on the "agenda" now?

Anyone who was saying IU wasn't getting Williams, Wilkes, Jackson or Scruggs don't have an "agenda". They just see the reality of the situation as it is under Tom Crean.

J

Anyone who was saying IU wasn't getting Williams, Wilkes, Jackson or Scruggs don't have an "agenda". They just see the reality of the situation as it is under Tom Crean.
fwiw - agenda.... everyone has one. My agenda on this post was to inform you that everyone has one.

I posted earlier that while I have no direct information other than experience, that this strategy made a ton of sense for a kid in his position and skill set. Regardless of what people think or say about his Father, he seems to have truly saved this young man.
Agree, and yet Barnes says that Biggie is the best thing that ever happened to him, and has made him a better person than he ever dreamed he could be.

Agree, and yet Barnes says that Biggie is the best thing that ever happened to him, and has made him a better person than he ever dreamed he could be.
Also, the thought that Barnes had an alterative motive is so completely ignorant. Barnes was doing very well for himself prior to Biggie's birth.

J

Williams went to Louisvile due to his relationship with Kenny Johnson, Scruggs is looking to play a lot of minutes immediately, and IU is still in the hunt for Wilkes unless there is new info out there. I think that people see you having an agenda, because you did not truly know what would happen when you started making this claim. Anyone can say that they have sources connected to the Indiana program.

Williams went to Louisvile due to his relationship with Kenny Johnson, Scruggs is looking to play a lot of minutes immediately, and IU is still in the hunt for Wilkes unless there is new info out there. I think that people see you having an agenda, because you did not truly know what would happen when you started making this claim. Anyone can say that they have sources connected to the Indiana program.
Did I know Lock, Stock & Barrel what would eventually happen? No.

What I do know I've gotten from people that are closely involved in AAU and high school basketball throughout the state / midwest, as well as people from the media. I have a LOT more faith in what I hear from them than anyone else. Believe what you want.

Reactions: mathboy and Heller
Well you guys should be the ones feeling really bad since Purdue don't get top-notch recruits but we still beat you guys just as many times that you guys beat us actually Matt painters got a better record against Tom crean. So I guess the players Purdue gets is not that bad. Damn near beat you guys again on your Court if it wasn't for a bogus goaltending call. But honestly what I think's funny Purdue and Indiana both have fans that are delusional neither school has done squat. But both fan bases bad mouth each other so so funny. Butler and Notre Dame's been better than both schools in the last 10 years. Now that's a damn head scratcher wasn't like that in the eighties and nineties. But that's we're both schools are at now neither school is the best in the State anymore.

Well you guys should be the ones feeling really bad since Purdue don't get top-notch recruits but we still beat you guys just as many times that you guys beat us actually Matt painters got a better record against Tom crean. So I guess the players Purdue gets is not that bad. Damn near beat you guys again on your Court if it wasn't for a bogus goaltending call. But honestly what I think's funny Purdue and Indiana both have fans that are delusional neither school has done squat. But both fan bases bad mouth each other so so funny. Butler and Notre Dame's been better than both schools in the last 10 years. Now that's a damn head scratcher wasn't like that in the eighties and nineties. But that's we're both schools are at now neither school is the best in the State anymore.

You're not a Purdue fan. Stop pretending to be one.

So winning 5 national championships is squat but what do you expect from a fan of a team that has never won a championship.

Do you and Niego and Scott share the same brain?

You guys won championships when players balls hung out of their shorts you know how long ago that was give it up . Ask any 16 17 18 year old kid today about IU championships they wouldn't have a clue about any of them they probably would say they won a championship.

You guys won championships when players balls hung out of their shorts you know how long ago that was give it up . Ask any 16 17 18 year old kid today about IU championships they wouldn't have a clue about any of them they probably would say they won a championship.
You said IU has done squat which is not factually correct. Old banners is still better than no banners.

ADVERTISEMENT