ADVERTISEMENT

MacAfee just talked for a bit about Cig and IU...

I WAS ****ING LSITENING WHEN IT HAPPENED! I never ever in my life listened to Trudeau and whoever. Not once. I used to listen to Dakich every damned day (12 years sober now). IT ****ING HAPPENED!
Congrats on 12 years! IWNDWYT

I believe that you believe that happened, even though you offer zero proof whatsoever. I spent at least 10 minutes searching and can find zero corroboration for your anecdotal evidence. The Mandella Effect is a plausible explanation. Or just the fact that Wislon interviewed with Zakk and Jack 1st, and then Dakich brought it up or talked about it with him, since he was on Dakich's show later that same day.

All that said, the odds of the exact same scenario happening on a different radio show after it happened 1st on Zakk and Jack on the exact same day, are crazy infinitesimal. Dakich talking to Wilson about his combative interview with Zakk and Jack would make a lot of sense. The idea that Wilson was waiting on hold with Dakich, and McAfee was on the show already, and they talked 💩 about IU, and then he also blew up at them seems outlandish to me.

Reactions: jsenleo
Find an article like I did then. I searched and searched and I can find nothing about that ever happening. As a side note, in the article I linked it says that Wilson was on with Dakich later that same day. I think this somehow that's why people are getting this wrong.
I listened to both. Both happened. They were before Wilson had even played a game.

My memory is that the Trudeau thing lasted longer. During the “tease” of the interview Trudeau joked that he never lost to IU while a QB. Then, during the direct intro of Wilson, they said something like “IU has struggled historically. And here’s the new guy ” Wilson came on and was curt. “What do you need?” They realized he was pissed and tried to curtsey, but Wilson said something like “I got things to do and don’t need to be on hold and listening to you guys crap on my program.” He also zinged Trudeau - something like “maybe you never lost at IU but I hung 50 on you.” It ended badly with all of them pissed off and hanging up.

McAfee was the guest on Dakich before a Wilson appearance. Wilson was supposed to talk with Dakich regularly. McAfee said something about watching 1 IU game in his life and seeing the punter kick the ball into a teammates ass. Dakich said something like “Ohhhh, man. You are gonna get in trouble” or “you’re starting trouble.” Wilson came on next and was mad and him and Dakich talked for about 20 seconds. He made it clear he was mad that media crapped on the program, Dakich said something like “I didn’t do anything” and Wilson said something like “you didn’t defend us.” I don’t recall which hung up first, but it was angrily agreed they didn’t need to do the interview. Dakich filled the time talking about Wilson being a jerk and Wilson never went back - Fish took the spot and filled in.

Then we lost to Ball State in the opener at Lucas Oil.

I wore red. She wore black. Ah yes, I remember it well …

I WAS ****ING LSITENING WHEN IT HAPPENED! I never ever in my life listened to Trudeau and whoever. Not once. I used to listen to Dakich every damned day (12 years sober now). IT ****ING HAPPENED!
I believe McAfee has even referenced that interaction since...

He wasn't wrong...Wilson wasn't wrong for his response...he's now becoming one of Cignetti AND IU's bigger national cheerleaders.

I listened to both. Both happened. They were before Wilson had even played a game.

My memory is that the Trudeau thing lasted longer. During the “tease” of the interview Trudeau joked that he never lost to IU while a QB. Then, during the direct intro of Wilson, they said something like “IU has struggled historically. And here’s the new guy ” Wilson came on and was curt. “What do you need?” They realized he was pissed and tried to curtsey, but Wilson said something like “I got things to do and don’t need to be on hold and listening to you guys crap on my program.” He also zinged Trudeau - something like “maybe you never lost at IU but I hung 50 on you.” It ended badly with all of them pissed off and hanging up.

McAfee was the guest on Dakich before a Wilson appearance. Wilson was supposed to talk with Dakich regularly. McAfee said something about watching 1 IU game in his life and seeing the punter kick the ball into a teammates ass. Dakich said something like “Ohhhh, man. You are gonna get in trouble” or “you’re starting trouble.” Wilson came on next and was mad and him and Dakich talked for about 20 seconds. He made it clear he was mad that media crapped on the program, Dakich said something like “I didn’t do anything” and Wilson said something like “you didn’t defend us.” I don’t recall which hung up first, but it was angrily agreed they didn’t need to do the interview. Dakich filled the time talking about Wilson being a jerk and Wilson never went back - Fish took the spot and filled in.

Here is the recap @Grateful Redbeard . MTIOTF has it down perfectly as I recall it.

Reactions: jsenleo

Dakich interviewed Wilson on the same day, just hours after the Zakk and Jack incident. Are you guys saying that Wilson was put on hold prior to his 2nd radio interview of the day and had the exact same incident happen with Dakich and McAfee? I have never listened to either, but I can easily find articles about the Zakk and Jack incident. I can't find anything about Dakich and McAfee and Wilson. I'm not saying it didn't happen a 2nd time, but it seems farfetched to me. I'll be happy to eat crow if someone has audio or an article about the 2nd incident.

Here is the recap @Grateful Redbeard . MTIOTF has it down perfectly as I recall it.
That's all anecdotal. Again, WIlson appeared on both shows on the same day. Zakk and Jack was before his appearance with Dakich. There are a ton of articles about the Zakk and Jack incident, and I have to believe that a few hours later Dakich brought up that incident during his interview with Wilson. I cannot find a single article or mention of the exact same incident happening with Dakich and McAfee. Just that Wilson appeared on Dakich's show hours after the Zakk and Jack incident.

He wasn't wrong...Wilson wasn't wrong for his response...he's now becoming one of Cignetti AND IU's bigger national cheerleaders.
Can you help us out and find a link to McAfee referencing that interaction? I have no memory of that, but I remember the fallout from the Zakk and Jack show well. It was discussed quite a bit on these boards.

That's all anecdotal. Again, WIlson appeared on both shows on the same day. Zakk and Jack was before his appearance with Dakich. There are a ton of articles about the Zakk and Jack incident, and I have to believe that a few hours later Dakich brought up that incident during his interview with Wilson. I cannot find a single article or mention of the exact same incident happening with Dakich and McAfee. Just that Wilson appeared on Dakich's show hours after the Zakk and Jack incident.
It wasn't on the same day. Jesus. Just because it wasn't worthy of a story about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. You've literally got a half dozen people here that were listening to it as it happened.

Reactions: eddy4iu
Dakich interviewed Wilson on the same day, just hours after the Zakk and Jack incident. Are you guys saying that Wilson was put on hold prior to his 2nd radio interview of the day and had the exact same incident happen with Dakich and McAfee? I have never listened to either, but I can easily find articles about the Zakk and Jack incident. I can't find anything about Dakich and McAfee and Wilson. I'm not saying it didn't happen a 2nd time, but it seems farfetched to me. I'll be happy to eat crow if someone has audio or an article about the 2nd incident.
Like you, I looked for an article about it and was surprised not to find one. And I can’t recall if it was the same day or which happened first. I just remember listening to them. (Because of Dakich saying “you’re gonna get in trouble” I’d guess the Trudeau thing had already happened.)

I don’t think they ever hugged it out. Neither were “olive branch” kinda guys.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
Can you help us out and find a link to McAfee referencing that interaction? I have no memory of that, but I remember the fallout from the Zakk and Jack show well. It was discussed quite a bit on these boards.
Nah...it was a 30 second thing that happened, maybe before Wilson's first IU game even?

Seems like a handful of people on here heard it, that should be enough proof???...maybe at some point I'll look for some sort of evidence for it? Doubt it though.

Like you, I looked for an article about it and was surprised not to find one. And I can’t recall if it was the same day or which happened first. I just remember listening to them. (Because of Dakich saying “you’re gonna get in trouble” I’d guess the Trudeau thing had already happened.)

I don’t think they ever hugged it out. Neither were “olive branch” kinda guys.
McAfee thing was a fair bit earlier... It formed an early opinion of McAfee for me...disliked him for a long time because of it. Now, I think he's "fine", if not entertaining, though I tire quickly of his style. But obviously, since he's talking up Cignetti and IU, I like him more.

There's no denying he's popular though. And the comments on IU, and Wilson's reaction, did happen. But it was quick, and not nearly as heated or back and forth as the Trudeau one was.

It wasn't on the same day. Jesus. Just because it wasn't worthy of a story about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. You've literally got a half dozen people here that were listening to it as it happened.
There are 2 of you...

It may very well have happened, and MTIOTF lends way more credibility than anything you posted in all caps.

Basketball only guy? Got it.
Get on board with other sports. Namely the one that is the future of all the big money moving forward. You are in denial. One of the Neanderthals who is out of touch with how college sports is running these days.
You're hilarious. You take shots at the soccer and even baseball programs, then tell people to get on board with other sports.

If you really feel that way (got on board), you should practice what you preach.

Reactions: Al Bino
There are 2 of you...

It may very well have happened, and MTIOTF lends way more credibility than anything you posted in all caps.
McAfee was on with Dakich and they were going to have Kevin Wilson come on the show. They had KW on hold during a commercial, and just as they went live, McAfee made a negative comment about IU football. KW made a quick reply and hung up.

It happened. McAfee and Dakich were doing the show from the Slippery Noodle. Pretty sure it was Wilson's first year at IU. I was proud of him for sticking up for IU - he had a culture to change just like Cignetti.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT