ADVERTISEMENT

Arizona is truly wackadoodle...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
I think Trump's refusal to do the traditional 60 Minutes (dating back to Humphrey) dual Presidential interviews may end up having negative consequences he might not have envisioned. Not with the MAGA base, they will continue to fawn and support him...

But perhaps with the few undecideds who are left, who are leery of MAGA, but weren't exactly convinced fully of how dangerous a cult can be. Since Trump decided to pull out, that meant that CBS had to fill the space with an alternative report that had likely been planned for a later edition. Since presumably the curiosity/interest in Harris caused a huge increase in audience size, this report on election denialism in AZ probably was viewd by a much larger audience than it might otherwise have enjoyed...

I guess opinions can vary, but I think this report is for a lot of people a reminder of exactly why they would never vote for MAGA. Obviously opinions can vary, but I'm not sure how anyone can watch this and listen to these folks and not come away convinced that they are unginged and dangerous. And the thing is, I don't think they interviewed a single Dem, and for sure all of the folks facing death threats and a barrage of attacks from the MAGA misfits are fellow Republicans...

I'll be honest,I knew it was bad but not this bad. The audio of the threats, the interview of Bush and some of the wacky things she says. How could anyone think it could be a good idea to put these folks in power?

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I couldn't believe the one lady said if he were there, she would lynch him. Of course she said in the interview that she meant ruin his career. Why would he need to be physically present to ruin his career?

Even the "Cyber Ninjas" did not find wholesale fraud. Let alone the Republican elected officials that looked into it. And of course the famed deleted database turned out not to be deleted, I loved it when the guy pictured who was a Trump Republican said he was literally in the database when he saw Trump's tweet.

But none of that matters to the true believers.

It was sad enough when Democrats blamed fraud in Ohio in 2004. But they let go of that bone. These people will be clutching it in their teeth in the casket.

I think Trump's refusal to do the traditional 60 Minutes (dating back to Humphrey) dual Presidential interviews may end up having negative consequences he might not have envisioned. Not with the MAGA base, they will continue to fawn and support him...

But perhaps with the few undecideds who are left, who are leery of MAGA, but weren't exactly convinced fully of how dangerous a cult can be. Since Trump decided to pull out, that meant that CBS had to fill the space with an alternative report that had likely been planned for a later edition. Since presumably the curiosity/interest in Harris caused a huge increase in audience size, this report on election denialism in AZ probably was viewd by a much larger audience than it might otherwise have enjoyed...

I guess opinions can vary, but I think this report is for a lot of people a reminder of exactly why they would never vote for MAGA. Obviously opinions can vary, but I'm not sure how anyone can watch this and listen to these folks and not come away convinced that they are unginged and dangerous. And the thing is, I don't think they interviewed a single Dem, and for sure all of the folks facing death threats and a barrage of attacks from the MAGA misfits are fellow Republicans...

I'll be honest,I knew it was bad but not this bad. The audio of the threats, the interview of Bush and some of the wacky things she says. How could anyone think it could be a good idea to put these folks in power?

I love how partisans always imagine independents are like them. You do it, the Republicans on here do it. In real life, the only people who would possibly be persuaded to your way of thinking on this issue are already voting for Harris, anyway. It will have zero effect.

I love how partisans always imagine independents are like them. You do it, the Republicans on here do it. In real life, the only people who would possibly be persuaded to your way of thinking on this issue are already voting for Harris, anyway. It will have zero effect.

Independent, meaning undecided, I don't get. So.e elections, sure, one might like one candidate's economic policy and another's foreign policy.

In this case, be it for Trump or for Harris, what could they possibly be waiting for?

I don't think there are really any "Independents." Those who cling to that label all have their opinions, and they aren't changing them any more than a partisan. They just haven't decided which candidate fits their opinions or preferences the best. There's no persuading to be done. They all have a good idea on how they're going to vote, they just haven't gotten around to making a commitment.

I don't think there are really any "Independents." Those who cling to that label all have their opinions, and they aren't changing them any more than a partisan. They just haven't decided which candidate fits their opinions or preferences the best. There's no persuading to be done. They all have a good idea on how they're going to vote, they just haven't gotten around to making a commitment.
I'll go further: the vast majority of them decided just as long ago as the admitted partisans did, they just don't want to admit it, because "independent" is a (fake) badge of honor for them.

Reactions: UncleMark
Independent, meaning undecided, I don't get. So.e elections, sure, one might like one candidate's economic policy and another's foreign policy.

In this case, be it for Trump or for Harris, what could they possibly be waiting for?
I doubt many are actually waiting to make up their minds whom to vote for. It may look that, but I'd bet quite a few simply don't want to participate in polls.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
I don't think I said "independents"...I said "undecideds".

Right now Harris is making a concerted effort to convert non-Trump voters into Harris voters, and there seem to be tangible results. The new NYT/Sienna poll which in Aug showed 5% of "Pubs" voting for Harris jumped to 9% of Pubs voting for Harris in the poll just released this week. Those numbers are higher than for any Dem POTUS candidate in the polls history, so obviously something is behind the shift.

That's the type of momentum you need to win the margins in a close election. It's not enough to just dissuade anti-Trump Pubs from sitting on the couch. you need to show them how vital it is for them to instead vote for Harris...

I'm guessing many people who would never vote for Trump will watch this and realize that they need to bring more action to their dislike of MAGA. I'd say that in addition to the huge lead the Dems are currently building in early voting, the large numbers of "unaffiliated" voters (sometimes outnumbering actual registered Pubs) requesting ballots are good news for Dems as well.

I don't think I said "independents"...I said "undecideds".

Right now Harris is making a concerted effort to convert non-Trump voters into Harris voters, and there seem to be tangible results. The new NYT/Sienna poll which in Aug showed 5% of "Pubs" voting for Harris jumped to 9% of Pubs voting for Harris in the poll just released this week. Those numbers are higher than for any Dem POTUS candidate in the polls history, so obviously something is behind the shift.

That's the type of momentum you need to win the margins in a close election. It's not enough to just dissuade anti-Trump Pubs from sitting on the couch. you need to show them how vital it is for them to instead vote for Harris...

I'm guessing many people who would never vote for Trump will watch this and realize that they need to bring more action to their dislike of MAGA. I'd say that in addition to the huge lead the Dems are currently building in early voting, the large numbers of "unaffiliated" voters (sometimes outnumbering actual registered Pubs) requesting ballots are good news for Dems as well.
@dbmhoosier why do the Dems have a huge lead in early voting? Is this going to be more stupidly from pubs hoping for day of attendance?

The collections of my opinions and beliefs don't jive with either party. Not sure what else I should be calling myself? Maybe its laziness on my part, but when I don't agree with half the things either party governs on... I don't see much benefit in "joining" one side or the other.

And in today's world...there's comfort and safety in being an "independent" because BOTH sides, more and more every day, are demanding 100% acceptance of anything they do, and anyone they choose to lead them.

My view of "Independents" isn't that they're constantly waffling on their views or opinions, its that they don't feel like they agree with the people and positions either party are leading with.

To your point, I know exactly what I believe. And unfortunately, the combination of those beliefs would make me a pariah in both parties. So...what am I?

Reactions: UncleMark
Independents are like Vegans. They can't help themselves and have to tell you every chance they can.

The Rock Eye Roll GIF by WWE

That memo about the database that Trump sent out...but he's no threat to democracy.

I doubt many are actually waiting to make up their minds whom to vote for. It may look that, but I'd bet quite a few simply don't want to participate in polls.
Stuffy, I'm actually undecided still. Do you mind telling me which of Harris's progressive polices you like the most? A top 3 list would be sufficient.

@mcmurtry66 I think I tricked him into telling us the polices he likes

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT