ADVERTISEMENT

Luguentz Dort Top 6

Let's review, shall we?

First, you tried to equate Dakich to Schilling:

It's like claiming Eddie didn't know what was going with Camby at UMass. The assistants are around those kids way too much. Just like Dakich, he had to have known.

I responded:

You're comparing apples to oranges

Maybe, but they're both fruits, and both coaches either knew what was going on at their respective schools or they were willfully ignorant.

So, what was going on at UMASS when Schilling took the job there in 1995?

As you think about that one - let's continue:

Willfully? lol

Let's see . . . one situation involved a coach and a player who he's not around 24/7. The other involves WORKING COLLEAGUES - not to mention the info would be know in the coaching world, where Dakich knew plenty of other people in the business.

I completely clarified both situations. There has never been anything that has tied Eddie to what went on at UMASS.

Yet I even admitted that I can't completely confirm any non-involvement by Schilling:

I can't tell you 100% Eddie knew nothing, but he's told that to me and others. I have no reason to doubt him. Dakich? Most of the stuff that occurred happened BEFORE he was hired in June of '07, so you're trying to tell us he had NO idea that Sampson/Senderhoff weren't dealing dirty?

"BEFORE he was hired in June of '07" - you do grasp the significance of those words, right? Meaning Illegal calls made by Sampson and/or Senderhoff would have occurred PRIOR TO Dan taking the IU DoBO position, when the dealings of the two IU coaches were known and discussed out on the recruiting trail?

Both were around the player(s) for significant amounts of time, both were aware of reputational issues, and both denied any knowledge. It never passed the smell test for either of them. So, yeah, willfully ignorant, their respective apologists notwithstanding.

"reputational issues" - I've never been aware of Dakich making a statement of denying knowledge of what had gone on at IU before he got there in June of '07, so I'll have to take your word on that one - unless you wish to provide any evidence to confirm that.

But - again - what was going on at UMASS in 1995? What reputational issues should Eddie have know about AT THAT TIME?

Eddie - while around Camby a lot - was not with him outside of basketball. Was he supposed to have ESP?

Dakich - while not at IU when most, if not all of the transgressions by Sampson/Senderhoff occurred - WORKED WITH both of those men. And even if they weren't doing anything around to Dakich's face, you don't think word got around the recruiting world?

Total irony you label both of those guys "willfully ignorant", yet . . .

Again - you don't think that - with all Dan's coaching contacts - he hadn't heard ANYTHING with regards to how Sampson and crew were running the ship?

Both coaches were around the players . . . a lot.

Yes, they were. They're coaches, you know - that's part of their job, to be around the players a lot.

But neither coach is around their players 24/7. No coach is. Besides, Dakich's situation has little to do with how much he was around the IU players as to his interaction with the IU coaching staff and, moreso, his PRIOR knowledge of how the program was being run BEFORE he took the DoBO job.

And both coaches knew of the professional whispers regarding their respective bosses. So, yeah, willfully ignorant is completely fair in both cases.

Yes, I'm sure Dan DID, in fact, hear quite a few "whispers" prior to taking the IU DoBO job.

But Eddie?

Remember, I asked this:

What "whispers" did Eddie hear about Calipari?

Remember, this is 1995. Calipari has offered a position on his UMASS staff to Schilling. Exactly what "reputational issues" regarding Calipari existed at that time?

Your reply is classic - and baseless in any fact:

Likely the same ones Dakich heard about Sampson. Only situational ethics suffers can't hear them or pretend they weren't / aren't there.

I even gave you the chance to clarify:

Huh?

Eddie heard of "whispers" BEFORE he went to work for Cal? Really?

You don't think there were whispers about Cal then? Really? Or, for that matter, about Eddie?

It's 1995.

John Calipari offers Eddie Schilling - who has been coach at Western Boone and Logansport - a job on his staff.

I'll ask the question again:

Lol - really?

Please enlighten us

You're really not aware that there have been whispers about those guys? Really? Like I said, selective ethics.

So - just what were the "issues" involving Calipari & Schilling in 1995? Or is this just another of your unsubstantiated statements you usually roll out on here?

Let's review, shall we?

First, you tried to equate Dakich to Schilling:

I responded:

So, what was going on at UMASS when Schilling took the job there in 1995?

As you think about that one - let's continue:

I completely clarified both situations. There has never been anything that has tied Eddie to what went on at UMASS.

Yet I even admitted that I can't completely confirm any non-involvement by Schilling:

"BEFORE he was hired in June of '07" - you do grasp the significance of those words, right? Meaning Illegal calls made by Sampson and/or Senderhoff would have occurred PRIOR TO Dan taking the IU DoBO position, when the dealings of the two IU coaches were known and discussed out on the recruiting trail?

"reputational issues" - I've never been aware of Dakich making a statement of denying knowledge of what had gone on at IU before he got there in June of '07, so I'll have to take your word on that one - unless you wish to provide any evidence to confirm that.

But - again - what was going on at UMASS in 1995? What reputational issues should Eddie have know about AT THAT TIME?

Again - you don't think that - with all Dan's coaching contacts - he hadn't heard ANYTHING with regards to how Sampson and crew were running the ship?

Yes, they were. They're coaches, you know - that's part of their job, to be around the players a lot.

But neither coach is around their players 24/7. No coach is. Besides, Dakich's situation has little to do with how much he was around the IU players as to his interaction with the IU coaching staff and, moreso, his PRIOR knowledge of how the program was being run BEFORE he took the DoBO job.

Yes, I'm sure Dan DID, in fact, hear quite a few "whispers" prior to taking the IU DoBO job.

But Eddie?

Remember, I asked this:

Remember, this is 1995. Calipari has offered a position on his UMASS staff to Schilling. Exactly what "reputational issues" regarding Calipari existed at that time?

Your reply is classic - and baseless in any fact:

I even gave you the chance to clarify:

It's 1995.

John Calipari offers Eddie Schilling - who has been coach at Western Boone and Logansport - a job on his staff.

I'll ask the question again:

So - just what were the "issues" involving Calipari & Schilling in 1995? Or is this just another of your unsubstantiated statements you usually roll out on here?
Suggesting one had to have known what was going on while the other was oblivious is either a grand case of situational ethics or abject stupidity. At best, both very likely engaged in a heaping helping of willful ignorance. Trying to persecute one while exonerating the other is simply hypocritical, regardless of how you wish to rationalize it.

Suggesting one had to have known what was going on while the other was oblivious is either a grand case of situational ethics or abject stupidity. At best, both very likely engaged in a heaping helping of willful ignorance. Trying to persecute one while exonerating the other is simply hypocritical, regardless of how you wish to rationalize it.
I'm not trying to rationalize anything.

You made the claim, not me. Just what were the "reputational issues" regarding Calipari and Schilling in 1995? If they existed then (they didn't ;) ) why can't you provide anything of substance?

I'm not trying to rationalize anything.

You made the claim, not me. Just what were the "reputational issues" regarding Calipari and Schilling in 1995? If they existed then (they didn't ;) ) why can't you provide anything of substance?
Actually, you made the claims that Dakich knew and Schilling didn't. I merely pointed out the obvious hypocrisy. And there were whispers about UMass and Camby and Cal when they went Elite 8 / Final Four in the mid -90's. You don't think ES was tarred with that? Lol. You're trying to rationalize an explanation for one with an accusation against the other, and it doesn't pass the smell test. Check the mirror if this continues to elude you.

Actually, you made the claims that Dakich knew and Schilling didn't. I merely pointed out the obvious hypocrisy. And there were whispers about UMass and Camby and Cal when they went Elite 8 / Final Four in the mid -90's. You don't think ES was tarred with that? Lol. You're trying to rationalize an explanation for one with an accusation against the other, and it doesn't pass the smell test. Check the mirror if this continues to elude you.

There were?

Just what were the whispers?

Why can't you provide them?

We both know why . . .

There were?

Just what were the whispers?

Why can't you provide them?

We both know why . . .
They were whispers, just like the ones you claimed Dakich should've been aware of and can't prove. I'm sure ES never walked through the locker room or parking lot and was completely oblivious to what Camby was wearing and driving, and I'm sure the likes of John Chaney were all wrong about how UMass suddenly sprang upon the college hoops world. Sorry, but you're being hypocritical and trying to argue that ES was simply stupid and not dishonest or, at best, willfully ignorant. Situational ethics, without question. And blatant hypocrisy.

Still no proof.

And my original reference, that you missed unsurprisingly, was that Sampson was dirty when the idiots down there hired him. And he IMMEDIATELY started cheating at IU, and was doing it for the better part of 2 years before IU was forced to do something about it.

Which of the two GK options did you select?

As for Sampson, he was hired despite his track record which was assanine because it was unnessary and flew in the face of all things IU. So again we agree.

As for when he started cheating at IU, that is speculation on your part and anyone else here. Your wishful thinking due to embittered bias has no standing.

IU "did something about it" when the then-illegal Calls were discovered, Due process was followed not only to protect IU from potentially painful and costly litigation but also because it is the ethical thing to do.

You are throwing anything and everything you can think of at the wall and nothing is sticking so far. I thought after your abject failure around the Indy Sports Industry discussion that you might stay at your depth or at least stay on GBI (Gabbing 'Bout IU) where anything sticks.

Which of the two GK options did you select?

As for Sampson, he was hired despite his track record which was assanine because it was unnessary and flew in the face of all things IU. So again we agree.

As for when he started cheating at IU, that is speculation on your part and anyone else here. Your wishful thinking due to embittered bias has no standing.

IU "did something about it" when the then-illegal Calls were discovered, Due process was followed not only to protect IU from potentially painful and costly litigation but also because it is the ethical thing to do.

You are throwing anything and everything you can think of at the wall and nothing is sticking so far. I thought after your abject failure around the Indy Sports Industry discussion that you might stay at your depth or at least stay on GBI (Gabbing 'Bout IU) where anything sticks.
Hummel, Martin, and Teague were all illegally contacted in the summer of 2006. Sampson not fired until 2008.

Yet another fail.

Do you have proof that MSU cheated. Never said PU cheated but most PU fans think MSU cheats so why shouldn't we question PU when they get a top recruit.
You stated Purdue must have cheated! That's what you wrote!! Again...proof??

They were whispers, just like the ones you claimed Dakich should've been aware of and can't prove. I'm sure ES never walked through the locker room or parking lot and was completely oblivious to what Camby was wearing and driving, and I'm sure the likes of John Chaney were all wrong about how UMass suddenly sprang upon the college hoops world. Sorry, but you're being hypocritical and trying to argue that ES was simply stupid and not dishonest or, at best, willfully ignorant. Situational ethics, without question. And blatant hypocrisy.

Hypocrisy?

Yeah - you know ALL about that:

"Due process" sure took a long time, didn't it? Lol.

You got that "willfully ignorant" part down pat . . .

You stated Purdue must have cheated! That's what you wrote!! Again...proof??
Arizona State, Baylor, Miami, Oregon…

Although he has MSU on his list as well, I see a troubling trend with those other 4.

What's the trend and what is troubling about it?

I think he means those schools are a little dirty when it comes to recruiting. He also might think those schools are not the type of schools we should be going against for recruits because they are not elite.

Not to sound rude but one of "those" schools just played in the final four and another Mich St has been atop the BIG for a WHILE. I guess we are above a top recruit??

I did not say that was what I thought, just trying to see what the poster was thinking.

MSU fits right in with Baylor and Oregon...

Is there a more sensitive and butt hurt fan base than the Boilers? You guys lose a couple recruiting battles and the other school has to be cheating! Nevermind the fact that it's the most prominent bball program in the Big 10 for the last 20+ years with a HOF coach, and your school is in, well, sorry, West Lafayette. Hell, MSU has been eating our lunch of late too in recruiting but I don't see everyone on here screaming Izzo is cheating.

Purdue must have cheated to get Swanigan after he committed to MSU

See these were the post I was responding to. I never said I thought they cheated just replying to the fact Purdue fans think that MSU cheated to get Dawson. Purdue fans don't think there was anything wrong with Swanigan's recruitment yet thinks that other teams cheat.

Reactions: Hoogolf
Isn't someone supposed to be counting all these posts by Ewezrfan1? Who was that who was posting the count?
Not sure, but the count I think you're referring to is by Courtsense and the troll attempts by Ordfan / Ewezrfan1 / Danny Boy . . .

Court does that because he doesn't have the chips to respond. My radio buddy already wiped the floor with him.

But you do??

Wait a minute . . .

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But you do??

Wait a minute . . .

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Certainly have a much better understanding than you. Wait, do you still stupidly think ES didn't know anything? Lol. The joke, as usual, is on you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT