ADVERTISEMENT

Luguentz Dort Top 6

Provide the proof please. (Spoiler alert: there isn't any.)

FYI - the "booster" you are referring to is an MSU grad, so nice try.

Yes yes...as I said...spare us the contrived excuses, you get to choose; either Keady was involved with Kendrick or this was the worst case of Lack of Instituional Control prior to Pitino knowing nothing about a prostitution ring being run in the athletic dorms.

Led with your chin here Ace.

The handful of then-illegal calls were uncovered by an intern in the AD. Due process was followed and Sampson was cut loose.
I can promise you that's not all Sampson did, hell Davis did worse than that as well IU just didn't know it (or did they).

Marco was a shady get, and he broke rules to get him. I'll say no more than that.

Unsubstantiated accusations. It's been 10 years since it happened, why would you say no more than that? You're suspect.

Unsubstantiated accusations. It's been 10 years since it happened, why would you say no more than that? You're suspect.
Hahaha, ok bud I sorry I upset you. I'll give you my last two words on this, money orders. Bye Felicia!

Yes yes...as I said...spare us the contrived excuses, you get to choose; either Keady was involved with Kendrick or this was the worst case of Lack of Instituional Control prior to Pitino knowing nothing about a prostitution ring being run in the athletic dorms.

Led with your chin here Ace.
What was the proof again?

The handful of then-illegal calls were uncovered by an intern in the AD. Due process was followed and Sampson was cut loose.
Travlin Hoosier claimed that if IU hadnt self reported, that there was a "low probability" the illegal calls would have been discovered. That is simply not true. The Teagues (and the Martins and Hummels, for that matter) knew the rules, and knew that Sampson and his band of idiot assistants were flouting them.

Think about it: dozens of coaches are calling and texting you daily, and then one day they all stop, except for good ol' Kelvin and Rob. You don't think these families mentioned this odd occurrence to other schools? Or to friends, their teammates, their coaches, etc? Come on.

That shitstorm was coming one way or the other, and IU was just trying to get ahead of it with their "internal" investigation.

Travlin Hoosier claimed that if IU hadnt self reported, that there was a "low probability" the illegal calls would have been discovered. That is simply not true. The Teagues (and the Martins and Hummels, for that matter) knew the rules, and knew that Sampson and his band of idiot assistants were flouting them.

Think about it: dozens of coaches are calling and texting you daily, and then one day they all stop, except for good ol' Kelvin and Rob. You don't think these families mentioned this odd occurrence to other schools? Or to friends, their teammates, their coaches, etc? Come on.

That shitstorm was coming one way or the other, and IU was just trying to get ahead of it with their "internal" investigation.

Do you have a point?

IU self reported upon internal discovery and several recruit/parents (including the Hummels) were interviewed in due process. Would it all have eventually surfaced on its own? You bet.

You are trying to attack me beacuse that is your schtick, but might I Suggest you actually find something I disagree we with you on?

There is. And it was produced by IU; low probability it would have been discovered otherwise. And as cheating goes it was very mild, exacerbated by his being a repeat offender. But what turned me against him was that he didn't seem to show much respect for academics; in particular during the sh*tstorm at the end he should have been telling his team "You keep going to class. Finish your semester in good order." but I didn't hear or see anything about that kind of thing. Someone will no doubt correct me if I'm wrong.

The then-illegal calls were going to surface eventually. The parents of the contacted recruits would eventually either directly report or tell someone who will.

I can promise you that's not all Sampson did, hell Davis did worse than that as well IU just didn't know it (or did they).
Anyone who claims IU followed "due process" is blowing smoke and has absolutely no clue what happened. None whatsoever. But the poster can certainly count, in spite of of having no clue about IU sports, as they've repeatedly shown.

IU sat on that revelation of Sampson's repeated rules violations for months before pushing him out. It had nothing whatsoever to do with any sort of due process. Anyone who claims that is manifestly ignorant of the facts. Manifestly.

Last edited:
Reactions: mazz
I am just really glad ole Danny boy knew nothing about it. He sure rode in and saved that season. :rolleyes:
Yeah, gotta love that.

He had to have known - so did he keep his mouth shut hoping that when it all blew up he'd might possibly have a chance at the job?

Provide the proof please. (Spoiler alert: there isn't any.)

FYI - the "booster" you are referring to is an MSU grad, so nice try.
You had wins vacated, we didn't.

So there's that.

btw you sound like a trumptard arguing science.

Last edited:
You had wins vacated, we didn't.

So there's that.

btw you should like a trumptard arguing science.

Just because there was a conviction of wrongdoing doesn't mean there was any proof that anything happened. Purdue was unjustly convicted based on no proof. Other schools receiving sanctions...there was proof there.

~New Palestine Boilie

Reactions: Hoogolf
Yeah, gotta love that.

He had to have known - so did he keep his mouth shut hoping that when it all blew up he'd might possibly have a chance at the job?
It's like claiming Eddie didn't know what was going with Camby at UMass. The assistants are around those kids way too much. Just like Dakich, he had to have known.

Last edited:
Just because there was a conviction of wrongdoing doesn't mean there was any proof that anything happened. Purdue was unjustly convicted based on no proof. Other schools receiving sanctions...there was proof there.

~New Palestine Boilie
Still no proof.

And my original reference, that you missed unsurprisingly, was that Sampson was dirty when the idiots down there hired him. And he IMMEDIATELY started cheating at IU, and was doing it for the better part of 2 years before IU was forced to do something about it.

Still no proof.

And my original reference, that you missed unsurprisingly, was that Sampson was dirty when the idiots down there hired him. And he IMMEDIATELY started cheating at IU, and was doing it for the better part of 2 years before IU was forced to do something about it.
Exactly. Lots of people turned their collective heads and then acted shocked and bewildered that Sampson continued to break the rules. Some have gone so far as to ridiculously suggest that IU's delay in pushing him out was a result of due process, which is both time zones away from the truth and a grand example of excusing incompetence.

Maybe, but they're both fruits, and both coaches either knew what was going on at their respective schools or they were willfully ignorant.
Willfully? lol

Let's see . . . one situation involved a coach and a player who he's not around 24/7. The other involves WORKING COLLEAGUES - not to mention the info would be know in the coaching world, where Dakich knew plenty of other people in the business.

I can't tell you 100% Eddie knew nothing, but he's told that to me and others. I have no reason to doubt him. Dakich? Most of the stuff that occured happened BEFORE he was hired in June of '07, so you're trying to tell us he had NO idea that Sampson/Senderhoff weren't dealing dirty?

Willfully? lol

Let's see . . . one situation involved a coach and a player who he's not around 24/7. The other involves WORKING COLLEAGUES - not to mention the info would be know in the coaching world, where Dakich knew plenty of other people in the business.

I can't tell you 100% Eddie knew nothing, but he's told that to me and others. I have no reason to doubt him. Dakich? Most of the stuff that occured happened BEFORE he was hired in June of '07, so you're trying to tell us he had NO idea that Sampson/Senderhoff weren't dealing dirty?
Both were around the player(s) for significant amounts of time, both were aware of reputational issues, and both denied any knowledge. It never passed the smell test for either of them. So, yeah, willfully ignorant, their respective apologists notwithstanding.

Both were around the player(s) for significant amounts of time, both were aware of reputational issues, and both denied any knowledge. It never passed the smell test for either of them. So, yeah, willfully ignorant, their respective apologists notwithstanding.
Eddie - while around Camby a lot - was not with him outside of basketball. Was he supposed to have ESP?

Dakich - while not at IU when most, if not all of the transgressions by Sampson/Senderhoff occurred - WORKED WITH both of those men. And even if they weren't doing anything around to Dakich's face, you don't think word got around the recruiting world?

Total irony you label both of those guys "willfully ignorant", yet . . .

Eddie - while around Camby a lot - was not with him outside of basketball. Was he supposed to have ESP?

Dakich - while not at IU when most, if not all of the transgressions by Sampson/Senderhoff occurred - WORKED WITH both of those men. And even if they weren't doing anything around to Dakich's face, you don't think word got around the recruiting world?

Total irony you label both of those guys "willfully ignorant", yet . . .
Both coaches were around the players . . . a lot. And both coaches knew of the professional whispers regarding their respective bosses. So, yeah, willfully ignorant is completely fair in both cases.

Both coaches were around the players . . . a lot. And both coaches knew of the professional whispers regarding their respective bosses. So, yeah, willfully ignorant is completely fair in both cases.
What "whispers" did Eddie hear about Calipari?

I think he means those schools are a little dirty when it comes to recruiting. He also might think those schools are not the type of schools we should be going against for recruits because they are not elite.
There is nothing whatsoever 'dirty' about Larranaga's recruiting. Possibly, Haith was a bit stained, but not Larranaga.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT