ADVERTISEMENT

Like it or not 12-3 tied for 5th

Well OSU is struggling. I’d sure like to keep them there. Play 40 minutes of relentless defense and maybe we will have a shot.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
I had Nebraska on the road as a win....now I'm not so sure. Unless this team gets tough real quick, losses could pile-up.

If I was a betting man, yes, I assume we will win a few more games, but I challenge anyone of you to tell me which team on our future schedule we are going to beat for sure?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
If I was a betting man, yes, I assume we will win a few more games, but I challenge anyone of you to tell me which team on our future schedule we are going to beat for sure?
We will beat OSU at home on this Saturday. For sure! And that is just a start.

Archie has seen the light. And it is good.

He is through with Green tossing 3's when they should be getting TJD touches. He will get that open guy on the opposition covered. He has already started shortening the rotation. And the team will play smarter even if most of the team hasn't got one brain between them. Discipline is being instilled. And yes, I'm projecting and hoping. But it is more fun than being continually a pessimist.

I am going to enjoy the conference games and the fact that IU makes it into the NCAAT. For sure.

He is through with Green tossing 3's when they should be getting TJD touches. He will get that open guy on the opposition covered. And the team will play smarter even if most of the team hasn't got one brain between them. Discipline is being instilled. And yes, I'm projecting and hoping. But it is more fun than being continually a pessimist.

I am going to enjoy the conference games and the fact that IU makes it into the NCAAT. For sure.
Wrong- Kaleb Wesson will dominate TJD, we will continue to leave guys wide open for 3's but this time it won't be against NW players. Nobody can guard DJ Carton. Won't even be close.

As much as the product on the floor looks like a train wreck It’s still on the tracks.

Has anybody gone through those first seven games and figured out which quadrant they were in? I suspect they were all either 3 or 4....which means, as far as our tournament stock goes, they may as well not have happened.

For all intents and purposes, we're 5-3. And, really, we've only looked like a good team in two of those five wins -- and, even there, primarily just in the first halves.

As much as the product on the floor looks like a train wreck It’s still on the tracks.
We won two home games barely against our easiest opponents. I think we might win two to three more home games but zero on the road giving us four to five conference wins total.

I think we win three more total. All at home but I have no idea which ones. I think we will get blown out on almost every road game.

He is through with Green tossing 3's when they should be getting TJD touches. He will get that open guy on the opposition covered. He has already started shortening the rotation. And the team will play smarter even if most of the team hasn't got one brain between them. Discipline is being instilled. And yes, I'm projecting and hoping. But it is more fun than being continually a pessimist.

They showed how they can win in the second half of the second half. They applied some pressure and shortened the rotation to play the players that are better at defending and creating turnovers and scoring in transition or down low in the secondary break. Archie will have to do more of this the rest of the season. Plus they need to continue to shoot free throws at a rate above 70%. Good job on that last night.

They showed how they can win in the second half of the second half. They applied some pressure and shortened the rotation to play the players that are better at defending and creating turnovers and scoring in transition or down low in the secondary break. Archie will have to do more of this the rest of the season. Plus they need to continue to shoot free throws at a rate above 70%. Good job on that last night.
Yeah except it was against the very worst team in the big ten who we should have beat by 20. The bigger question is can we do this against good teams?

Yeah except it was against the very worst team in the big ten who we should have beat by 20. The bigger question is can we do this against good teams?
I agree that is the question. It has to be answered yes or we'll have some bad losses among our remaining wins.

I think we win three more total. All at home but I have no idea which ones. I think we will get blown out on almost every road game.

The first 5 games of the year the team appeared to have a fresh attitude/approach..........After that, with the exception of the FSU game, it's been crap.....strange as hell. We have all the roster problems people discuss, but we could still finish 5th or 6th in the league with an attitude adjustment.......the chances of that happening don't look good....

Reactions: .Gerdis
Well, I watched OSU, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Maryland, PSU and Rutgers. I wouldn't bet on us against any of them. They all look better than IU. However, somebody surely will have a bad night again us. I never would have expected us to beat MSU at home last year but, we did. Maybe Purdue and Minnesota at home.

The first 5 games of the year the team appeared to have a fresh attitude/approach..........After that, with the exception of the FSU game, it's been crap.....strange as hell. We have all the roster problems people discuss, but we could still finish 5th or 6th in the league with an attitude adjustment.......the chances of that happening don't look good....
Coaching

It’s on the tracks because we are going 5mph on a straight stretch of track.

We have to have had the easiest schedule so far. NEB and NW at home. Upcoming games will humble the shit out of this team. Or completely finish them off.
Or see them raise there level of play. This is a team capable of much better play. They withdraw when adversity hits them and they forget how to punch back. If that changes, we can compete with anyone. That could happen at any time or it may never happen.

The team has shown that they will fight when they are desperate. I expect some have pride and will start competing hard. They are hearing a lot of negative comments right now and I would expect competitive people to step up.

Bartender: give me two of whatever this guy is having!

Bartender: give me two of whatever this guy is having!
So I carried this slab of asphalt under my arm and entered the bar. Asked the bartender for two beers.

He asks: Why two?

I said: One for me and one for the road.

Thank you, thank you. Be here all week.

Reactions: minneman and 82IU
I don’t think any team in the Big Ten is seeing any “sure wins.” That’s a recipe for losing.

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT