ADVERTISEMENT

Langford Crystal Ball

I personally think getting into it late.Makes it doubtful.
And long term.
I'll take top 40 guy's. Give Miller top 40 guy's with motors like Yogi had.
And say.One of them has a junkyard dog mentally. .
We're back in business for consent top ten rated teams.And deep runs in March every year

It IS Creans fault that two, extremely local recruits weren't even considering IU before Archie came along. To suggest otherwise is nonsense.

Garland is "extremely local" even though he lives in Tennessee? Who knew? And Bloomington is more "local" than Louisville and Lexington to New Albany? That's your "nonsense" right there.

Maybe they weren't considering IU because of TC, maybe it was entirely something else, but they're the only ones that really know.

Was he? One more B10 title or how many times did they finish below 5th? Some sweet 16s or a national title game? How many times did each miss NCAA? If Crean was better, it wasn’t by much. IMO, they are even.

MD was in way over his head. Not saying TC wasn't but MD didn't coach the Team to the title game, the Team did.

Reactions: IUgradman
Garland is "extremely local" even though he lives in Tennessee? Who knew? And Bloomington is more "local" than Louisville and Lexington to New Albany? That's your "nonsense" right there.

Maybe they weren't considering IU because of TC, maybe it was entirely something else, but they're the only ones that really know.
It was because of Crean. He is seen as a clown by many of his peers.

Personally, I think Davis was worse -- significantly so.

But, either way, can we please stop looking in the rear view mirror? It's over and in the past.

Davis finished 4th, 1st, 6th, 9th, 4th, and 4th in 6 years. Making the NCAA 4 times, NIT once, and no tourney once.

Crean finished 11th, 9th, 11th, 5th, 1st, 8th, 7th, 1st, and 11th in 9 years. Making the NCAA 4 times, NIT once, and no tourney 4 times.

No....Davis was not “significantly” worse than Crean.

Use the past to help not make the same mistakes.

Neither Davis not Crean are great coaches. Both had issues with recruiting and filling a well rounded roster, but for different reasons.

Davis seemed to fall in love with the myth that he was good at landing big name recruits so he would go after those and have no backup for if (when) he didn't land him.

Crean just recruited players based on athleticism and seemed to buy into the myth that he was great at finding the diamond in the rough and developing him. He also thought every scholarship should be used every year and that it was ok to have a great deal of roster turnover.

Both had good and bad seasons but Crean's worst season were worse than those of Davis. Davis went further in the tournament.

So, while neither are great coaches and I'm glad neither is IU's coach any longer, I'd say that Davis was a bit better at getting positive results from the talent he was able to get.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUgradman
Davis finished 4th, 1st, 6th, 9th, 4th, and 4th in 6 years. Making the NCAA 4 times, NIT once, and no tourney once.

Crean finished 11th, 9th, 11th, 5th, 1st, 8th, 7th, 1st, and 11th in 9 years. Making the NCAA 4 times, NIT once, and no tourney 4 times.

Who cares because neither one are the coach at IU presently.

Romeo has not decided.

It's well known around these parts that he grew up a Duke fan. So Wednesday night on national tv he'll get to see what Assembly Hall looks like for a game with an over-matched IU against the Dukies.

He'll never experience the same environment at Vandy, and he is smart enough to know that. He'll get to picture himself leading the Hoosiers in games like these.

He also said that he wanted to watch the coaches as the season progresses. He'll get to see Archie coaching his guys against the #1 team in the nation. As a matter of fact, he'll get many more opportunities to see IU and Archie than he will Kansas and Vandy combined.

This team clearly has made a lot of progress...Archie demands it, the fans demand it, and Romeo hears about it daily in New Albany.

I still believe he'll be a Hoosier.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!
HOO HOO HOOSIERS!!!

You clearly missed the point of my post -- which was that we need to stop focusing on the past.

Learning from past mistakes is one thing. Obsessing about the water under the bridge is something else.

Crean's gone. Look forward.

Romeo has not decided.

It's well known around these parts that he grew up a Duke fan. So Wednesday night on national tv he'll get to see what Assembly Hall looks like for a game with an over-matched IU against the Dukies.

He'll never experience the same environment at Vandy, and he is smart enough to know that. He'll get to picture himself leading the Hoosiers in games like these.

He also said that he wanted to watch the coaches as the season progresses. He'll get to see Archie coaching his guys against the #1 team in the nation. As a matter of fact, he'll get many more opportunities to see IU and Archie than he will Kansas and Vandy combined.

This team clearly has made a lot of progress...Archie demands it, the fans demand it, and Romeo hears about it daily in New Albany.

I still believe he'll be a Hoosier.

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT!!!
HOO HOO HOOSIERS!!!
On TV? Any chance he might attend in person?

You clearly missed the point of my post -- which was that we need to stop focusing on the past.

Learning from past mistakes is one thing. Obsessing about the water under the bridge is something else.

Crean's gone. Look forward.

How long did it take people to “look forward” from Sampson? Crean supporters were bringing that up the entire time he was coach.

This thread is about Langford. And a big reason why Miller is playing catch up is Crean. People aren’t obsessing over it, it’s just a fact.

Much like Brooks and Jaskson-Davis.

Reactions: IUgradman and mazz
Fortunately TJD and Brooks were sophomores when Archie was hired so he will have more time to develop a relationship with them.

Just read a new article posted today that says Romeo is focusing only on his senior high school season right now and will focus more on his college decision when it gets closer and as of right now all three school are even with him, he doesn’t hve a favorite yet. All these Vandy crystal balls right now are specifically guesses.

Just read a new article posted today that says Romeo is focusing only on his senior high school season right now and will focus more on his college decision when it gets closer and as of right now all three school are even with him, he doesn’t hve a favorite yet. All these Vandy crystal balls right now are specifically guesses.
Today an insider for UL predicted KU for Romeo.

Damezi Anderson will be better for Indiana in the long run than Romeo would be next season as a one and done. Damezi looks like a three year player at IU but that could change if he really shines. Now, if Romeo were a 2019 recruit and IU is in a better position to compete for a NC then Romeo would be huge but since it will be considered a rebuilding year next year I don’t think missing on Romeo hurts all that much. If he were to come along later in Archie’s tenure and the team was ready to make a big push then it would hurt to miss on him but the timing of his career just doesn’t line up with what we’re building. If he were to be a two or three year player then it would hurt but I don’t think missing him in Archie’s second season isn’t doom and gloom as I don’t think he would be able to push next years team to an instant contender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT