ADVERTISEMENT

Langford Crystal Ball

New Pal Boiler: Why would (anyone) "put any stock into (Jerry Meyer's) thoughts on Romeo" ? Probably because as Director of Basketball Scouting for 247, he made 739 correct predictions of where prospects were going out of 994 tries. After Garland, it's 995. On to the next 1,000. Why would we not expect him to continue batting .743 ?
Are you counting his Garland pick as being correct?

Reactions: mazz
IUScott: One more time......Today's news brought ESPN's story on GARLAND'S commitment, NOT ROMEO'S future decision. "Changing one's prediction after every visit" ??? Huh? There has been a raft of posters' thrills of the 247 and others' predictions of our 2 prospects picking IU for some time now on this board. Don't remember much of your cautioning people about how not to "put any stock" into them.

Reactions: Icefan
The best news is Romeo is waiting until spring. If he was gonna pick soon, I’d predict Vandy, but We’ve got awhile yet. Probably still not IU, some of these top recruits may wanna see a better product on the court than IU can provide this year...

Reactions: Kentucky31
Yeah, we may miss out on Romeo and we may not. He may decide he wants to stay home, who knows. The fact we were even in Garlands last 2 says so much about Archie. He is going to be getting 4 and 5 star recruits in handfuls in the coming years.
We weren’t in last two. He said UCLA was second

Reactions: Kentucky31
IUScott: One more time......Today's news brought ESPN's story on GARLAND'S commitment, NOT ROMEO'S future decision. "Changing one's prediction after every visit" ??? Huh? There has been a raft of posters' thrills of the 247 and others' predictions of our 2 prospects picking IU for some time now on this board. Don't remember much of your cautioning people about how not to "put any stock" into them.
This thread is about Meyer changing his prediction on ROMEO. Scott’s point, and I agree with him, is who cares? He’s often wrong, like today, and in addition, is prone to flip flopping at the last second. So it might actually be good news for IU that he has Romeo going to Vandy now.

In short, no one knows where Romeo is going, probably not even Romeo at this point. My bet is IU. Thought it was Louisville before the Bowen debacle, and now I think IU benefits from ULs stupidity. Seems like a stay closer to home type kid.

Your posts make me smile with their errors in grammar & content.
I know it's not right, but I write like I talk and when I talk, I don't always see what I've written. Thank you for the pointing out the errors of my ways. I don't embarrass easy...uh, easily at my age!

New Pal: Who cares about recruiting prognosticators' opinions? Maybe nobody. Since I'm new to this board, could you post a list of what readers on this board care about and what they don't? That would be helpful.

Needs to add some shooters
I really believe he is addressing IUs needs. It will take 2 more recruiting seasons. Crean left us in a downward spiral. Amazing that Davis was a better coach/leader than The Baron TanTommy Von Clapperson. Creaniacs should lay low for about 10 more years.

If we miss Langford, you won’t see me pouting. This is the product of keeping Crean for three years too long. When Crean took the job, Romeo Langford was eight years old. Archie picked up some good in-state guys in 2018, and is in good position with Brooks and Jackson-Davis in 2019. I’m finally not worried about the future.

This thread is about Meyer changing his prediction on ROMEO. Scott’s point, and I agree with him, is who cares? He’s often wrong, like today, and in addition, is prone to flip flopping at the last second. So it might actually be good news for IU that he has Romeo going to Vandy now.

In short, no one knows where Romeo is going, probably not even Romeo at this point. My bet is IU. Thought it was Louisville before the Bowen debacle, and now I think IU benefits from ULs stupidity. Seems like a stay closer to home type kid.
I'm in the middle. I do put stock into Meyer's pick, but I can't put 73% of stock into his pick. I normally consider it. I never only go with what he has to say.

Why the hell would Romeo choose Vandy?
Stay home and go to IU, be Archie’s big recruit, and go pro soon anyway
Go to Kansas to win big and go pro, but have no legacy/memory
Go to Vandy because a buddy wanted to stay close to his home and what?

If you dont want to stay home, go away and have title hopes...not Vandy

Garland's decision is disappointing, but not unexpected (at least for me).

Just remember that basketball is a team sport, recruiting is a long process (and getting longer, sadly) and a never-ending one, so you don't ever want to invest too much on the prospect of just one (or two) recruit's decisions.

Whatever Langford decides to do, I feel more optimistic about Indiana basketball than I have in a long time -- and neither DG's nor RL's decision will have much bearing on that.
Yes, considering how often we hear about "package deals," they rarely work out. After all, going to Vandy for Romeo would mean being one of three.

Not sure how true this is or not, but just seen a tweet on Twitter that Romeo’s girlfriend is a freshman at IU...

Yep..need a scoring guard and a Pg. I️ like the rest of the class.
Robert Phinisee is a very good point guard. Damezi Anderson is a scorer. Jerome Hunter is really good!! I don't think people realize how good he is.

If Romeo comes IU has a great shooting guard. I still would like to see Curtis Jones get more engaged and if Devonte is injured this week, we may see enough of CuJo to see just how good he can be.

Through the first part of the season, I see the guards as more of a strength than the posts, although Juwan and Collin not playing together yet has definitely hurt.

I would love to see the complete lineup healthy of DeRon, Juwan, Collin, Rob, and Devonte with Al, Josh, Justin as the main subs. Clifton and Freddie in spot situations. I can't figure out yet what Curtis is going to bring but getting that top 8 some time to play together and gel will be huge.

Robert Phinisee is a very good point guard. Damezi Anderson is a scorer. Jerome Hunter is really good!! I don't think people realize how good he is.

If Romeo comes IU has a great shooting guard. I still would like to see Curtis Jones get more engaged and if Devonte is injured this week, we may see enough of CuJo to see just how good he can be.

Through the first part of the season, I see the guards as more of a strength than the posts, although Juwan and Collin not playing together yet has definitely hurt.

I would love to see the complete lineup healthy of DeRon, Juwan, Collin, Rob, and Devonte with Al, Josh, Justin as the main subs. Clifton and Freddie in spot situations. I can't figure out yet what Curtis is going to bring but getting that top 8 some time to play together and gel will be huge.
I’m not sold on Phinnissee...he will need a few years in weight room before he can be a big ten pg

I was wondering how Phinnissee compares to Thompson at Purdue.
I don’t think they do...maybe same type role but phinnissee is - better high school player. PJ wasn’t considered a high major player coming out.

I don’t think they do...maybe same type role but phinnissee is - better high school player. PJ wasn’t considered a high major player coming out.
The kind of role they play is more what I meant. I can see both of them being the leaders of their teams a pg who does not make mistakes with the ball.

You can forget about Langford, He won’t commit to a honest program.

I’m not sold on Phinnissee...he will need a few years in weight room before he can be a big ten pg
There are going to be a lot of people that eat crow on this one. The kid's got game, and he's exactly the type of guard IU has been missing for a while now. I've seen him play multiple times in person at McCutchen because I have family there. He's not a guy who's going to wow the AAU scene, and he's underrated.

Reactions: hoosierdug
There are going to be a lot of people that eat crow on this one. The kid's got game, and he's exactly the type of guard IU has been missing for a while now. I've seen him play multiple times in person at McCutchen because I have family there. He's not a guy who's going to wow the AAU scene, and he's underrated.
Why is he the type we need? Just curios...an undersized pg?

Why is he the type we need? Just curios...an undersized pg?
Pretty sure his 5-11 is wrong at this point, and there is video of him dunking in a game from last summer. I don't remember ever seeing Yogi, Michael Lewis or Tom Coverdale dunk in a game? He's a pass first point guard who can run the show and score when he needs to. He's smart and a winner. He's the exact type of guy who has murdered IU in recent years while playing for Wisconsin, Wichita St, Xavier, etc.

Pretty sure his 5-11 is wrong at this point, and there is video of him dunking in a game from last summer. I don't remember ever seeing Yogi, Michael Lewis or Tom Coverdale dunk in a game? He's a pass first point guard who can run the show and score when he needs to. He's smart and a winner. He's the exact type of guy who has murdered IU in recent years while playing for Wisconsin, Wichita St, Xavier, etc.
Much rather of had Garland but phinnisee will be a solid role player off the bench. Difference in Coverdale, Lewis, yogi is how strong they were

Much rather of had Garland but phinnisee will be a solid role player off the bench. Difference in Coverdale, Lewis, yogi is how strong they were
I want guys that want to be at IU, ICGARA about any of the rest. Add to that that he’s a 4 year player. NONE of the guys you mentioned were that strong when they got to IU. He’ll be fine.

I want guys that want to be at IU, ICGARA about any of the rest. Add to that that he’s a 4 year player. NONE of the guys you mentioned were that strong when they got to IU. He’ll be fine.

I played against Coverdale in high school and he was a strong kid then.

Reactions: bsmitty08
New Pal Boiler: Why would (anyone) "put any stock into (Jerry Meyer's) thoughts on Romeo" ? Probably because as Director of Basketball Scouting for 247, he made 739 correct predictions of where prospects were going out of 994 tries. After Garland, it's 995. On to the next 1,000. Why would we not expect him to continue batting .743 ?
He changed Garland after the ESPN news. He missed that one fo sho!

Proving the family strung a massive fanbase along for weeks for what purpose? I have completely lost respect for that family. Screw them. I was indifferent to Vanderbilt. Now I hope they get their ass beat by 30 every night.
Wasnt the team tho, it was him and his classless family

ADVERTISEMENT