ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think Those players are going to be at Purdue longer than 4 years?

We do not even know if the Big Ten will be able to play basketball in four years. Enough of the obfuscation, Purdue will have one of the largest and most highly ranked freshmen classes next year. FACT!

Haha the ole “silent verbal” Purdue fans live by. Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to feel better. Facts are Franklin committed first and IU stopped recruiting Newman though.

Well thanks for taking Franklin (the lower rated of the two) so that Purdue could have Newman! Purdue will always take a player who is a better shooter. Franklin was a 37% 3-PT shooter in high school and is a 36.5% career 3-PT shooter at IU.. Newman was a 43% 3-PT shooter in high school and a 41.5% 3-PT shooter at Purdue. I am sure you can follow these stats right. Awesome strategy.

Last edited:
Nah he lost the head to head meeting in January. Mr. All American 7-14 from the FT line including multiple front end of 1 & 1’s to try and get IU back in the game. 🤢 The jock sniffing over a player like TJD when all he’ll accomplish at IU is an 11 seed in the NCAA tournament & a 9th place finish in the big ten. 😭😭😭 Take him & his flexing 🤣🤣🤣.
And yet he still outperformed Williams even missing 7 free throws. Making fun of TJD for going 50% from the free throw line is also a weird flex as that is Williams SEASON AVERAGE from the line.

We do not even know if the Big Ten will be able to play basketball in four years. Enough of the obfuscation, Purdue will have one of the largest and most highly ranked freshmen classes next year. FACT!
Not even the best freshman class in the big ten. You will also continue to have the worst sophomore and Senior class in the country.

Purdue has a very good freshman class coming in. Acting like Newman and Gillis who will be in their third year in the program will still be considered freshman next year is simply mind-blowing dumb.

Last edited:
Maybe you should go check out the shooting numbers for Franklin and Newman. IU got the better shooter and overall player.
Honestly, it's hard to say right now. You aren't making a fair comparison since one has way more experience and is the only quality guard on the team. Now when their careers are over, we can talk. Newman has had an inconsistent freshman year, which, if I recall correctly, so did Franklin. Right?

Honestly, it's hard to say right now. You aren't making a fair comparison since one has way more experience and is the only quality guard on the team. Now when their careers are over, we can talk. Newman has had an inconsistent freshman year, which, if I recall correctly, so did Franklin. Right?
Franklin was a true freshman, not a redshirt freshman.

Nah he lost the head to head meeting in January. Mr. All American 7-14 from the FT line including multiple front end of 1 & 1’s to try and get IU back in the game. 🤢 The jock sniffing over a player like TJD when all he’ll accomplish at IU is an 11 seed in the NCAA tournament & a 9th place finish in the big ten. 😭😭😭 Take him & his flexing 🤣🤣🤣.
Once you understand that dudes like Trojan care more about recruiting rankings and athleticism than production and winning, all of his arguments make more sense. Despite Tre averaging ~9minutes less per game, both are tied in rebounding averages per game for the season and Tre is averaging close to an additional assist per game. Extrapolating out their season statistics to a full 40 minutes per game, Tre blows out TJD in pts, rebounds, and assists. He's a much more efficient player. But those 80's cream and crimson lens just won't let Trojan see facts.

Once you understand that dudes like Trojan care more about recruiting rankings and athleticism than production and winning, all of his arguments make more sense. Despite Tre averaging ~9minutes less per game, both are tied in rebounding averages per game for the season and Tre is averaging close to an additional assist per game. Extrapolating out their season statistics to a full 40 minutes per game, Tre blows out TJD in pts, rebounds, and assists. He's a much more efficient player. But those 80's cream and crimson lens just won't let Trojan see facts.
Per 40 is the worst stat in basketball. You show how little you know by examining all of these stats, yet you leave out usage percentage. Purdue uses Williams at a much higher rate than IU uses TJD.

Williams has a 36.8 usage percentage compared to 28.8 for TJD.

Per 40 is the worst stat in basketball. You show how little you know by examining all of these stats, yet you leave out usage percentage. Purdue uses Williams at a much higher rate than IU uses TJD.

Which is why Tre and TJD have identical FGA despite TJD playing more minutes. Reason TJD plays more minutes is because Trevion is constantly in foul trouble because he is a very poor defender. Offensively, TJD and Williams are very comparable, defensively it's not a question.

Reactions: TrojanFan004

It's a statistic that doesn't fit your narrative so it's the worst stat in basketball...got it. Within the conference, Williams also gets the edge in field goal percentage. More efficient and effective against the same level of competition. I will agree that Williams is utilized at a higher clip than TJD, which is weird since you seem to think he is not even close the level of player TJD is.

It's a statistic that doesn't fit your narrative so it's the worst stat in basketball...got it. Within the conference, Williams also gets the edge in field goal percentage. More efficient and effective against the same level of competition. I will agree that Williams is utilized at a higher clip than TJD, which is weird since you seem to think he is not even close the level of player TJD is.
He is shooting 1% higher from the field. He is also shooting 9% WORSE from the FT line. Get out of here with the more efficient BS if you are going to overlook the FT line.

Painter is a better coach than Archie. That’s why Williams is utilized more. That has nothing to do with the individual players.

Do you think Williams make 1st All Big ten over TJD? The better player will be on 1st Team. The better player will also be drafted next year while the worse player returns to college.

He has a video game perspective, not a real world one. For people who actually played and / or who understand the game, the scoreboard has always been an extremely reliable measure.
So you don’t think coach has anything to do with it? That’s funny considering how often you white knight for Painter.

Williams 3* or 4* vs. TJD 4* or 5* debatable. Purdue vs IU freshman class facts prove it's Purdue. Coaching goes to Purdue and its not even close. Your best player is debatable with a player that was ranked out of the top 100 and you guys still believe CMP doesn't develop bigs. Let it rest and get a victory against us or a tournament victory before you talk smack.

So you don’t think coach has anything to do with it? That’s funny considering how often you white knight for Painter.
Of course coaching has an impact, but it’s obviously more than just that. You consider high school rankings to be an objective measure and a baseline to explain performance, and that really demonstrates your lack of knowledge.

Reactions: Bill4411
Williams 3* or 4* vs. TJD 4* or 5* debatable. Purdue vs IU freshman class facts prove it's Purdue. Coaching goes to Purdue and its not even close. Your best player is debatable with a player that was ranked out of the top 100 and you guys still believe CMP doesn't develop bigs. Let it rest and get a victory against us or a tournament victory before you talk smack.
You have the worst Senior and Sophomore class in the country. Your Junior class consists of a really good player and two mediocre players. Your freshman class has a couple of nice pieces. Your roster overall is not more talented top to bottom.

Of the 22 scholarship players at Purdue and IU, rank them in order and you will see I’m correct.

Of course coaching has an impact, but it’s obviously more than just that. You consider high school rankings to be an objective measure and a baseline to explain performance, and that really demonstrates your lack of knowledge.
Yup. Sasha is one of the best 3 point shooters in the big ten and wasn't ranked high. Carsen Edward's, while in the NBA, was sub 100. Zach Edey was ranked like 430. Rankings don't mean crap.

Recruiting rankings are a measuring tool for projecting a players success. Performance once they get to school outweighs the rankings though obviously.

I don’t need a lecture on lack of sports knowledge from the guy who shits on Tom Allen and thinks he’s just a high school coach.

Yup. Sasha is one of the best 3 point shooters in the big ten and wasn't ranked high. Carsen Edward's, while in the NBA, was sub 100. Zach Edey was ranked like 430. Rankings don't mean crap.
Name the Purdue All Americans under Painter. Then tell me their recruiting rankings. TIA.

You have the worst Senior and Sophomore class in the country. Your Junior class consists of a really good player and two mediocre players. Your freshman class has a couple of nice pieces. Your roster overall is not more talented top to bottom.

Of the 22 scholarship players at Purdue and IU, rank them in order and you will see I’m correct.
Who cares about senior and sophmore classes? It's a team game. Not a one class game. I wouldn't call hunter Mediocre. He's got a shot at big ten defensive player of the year and averages 10 points, 3 assist, and 2.5 rebounds. I don't think you can rank them 1-22 with no bias, but would be interested to see your rankings.

Worst senior class in the country 🤣🤣🤣

Who cares about senior and sophmore classes? It's a team game. Not a one class game. I wouldn't call hunter Mediocre. He's got a shot at big ten defensive player of the year and averages 10 points, 3 assist, and 2.5 rebounds. I don't think you can rank them 1-22 with no bias, but would be interested to see your rankings.
Hunter won’t even make the defensive team. No chance at being defensive player of the year. Why do you continue to post stats from the year overall. I don’t care what any player does in a weak non conference schedule. His conference stats tell the real story.

I will post mine after you post yours.

I think that's your problem. You're strictly going off a number and not a fit. Good coaches mix and match talent that fit the system they play. Your coach has done a poor job at it. I think you have some good pieces but why in the world would you start TJD and Race? Is it to clog the middle and not spread the floor? Does he not feel they have shooters?

Personally, I would start TJD, Hunter, Franklin, Durham and Lander. That would or could at least spread the floor.

I think that's your problem. You're strictly going off a number and not a fit. Good coaches mix and match talent that fit the system they play. Your coach has done a poor job at it. I think you have some good pieces but why in the world would you start TJD and Race? Is it to clog to he middle and not spread the floor? Does he not feel they have shooters?

Personally, I would start TJD, Hunter, Franklin, Durham and Lander. That would or could at least spread the floor.
You just made my point. The reason for our lack of success is Archie. Not the players he has.

I have no problem with him starting Race. He’s our 3rd best player and we struggle to rebound as it is. We would get dominated on the boards with Hunter at the 4. I’m all for starting Lander over RP though.

Hunter won’t even make the defensive team. No chance at being defensive player of the year. Why do you continue to post stats from the year overall. I don’t care what any player does in a weak non conference schedule. His conference stats tell the real story.

I will post mine after you post yours.
You clearly have rankings already. Why do I have to post mine? You've talked about them and I asked first.

And I pulled overall stats because it's easier to grab on the fly and more indicative of his game as he's recently been in a slump, but coming out. Sasha missing time really threw the team off. What's his big ten stats.

I also haven't watched enough basketball this year to rank the bottom of iu's roster.

You just made my point. The reason for our lack of success is Archie. Not the players he has.

I have no problem with him starting Race. He’s our 3rd best player and we struggle to rebound as it is. We would get dominated on the boards with Hunter at the 4. I’m all for starting Lander over RP though.
But you also said CMP wasn't a developer? How can you not see this??? You can't have it both ways. CMP is trending in recruiting and bringing in Shrewsberry only helps.

Reactions: HOOOOOOOOOSERZ
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT