ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
His last assist came at the 4:45 mark. His last block came at 6:51.

In the final 2 min he had a turnover, two fouls, and a missed layup.

I would take Newman next to Franklin in a heartbeat. You have it wrong though. It wasn’t just Franklin that didn’t want to play with Newman. It was a mutual understanding by both players. That’s the reason IU stopped recruiting Newman after Franklin committed.
I know they were on the visit to Purdue together. After that, Franklin was all iu and Newman Purdue. I assume Newman committed at the game with the way everything turned out. You may be right on Newman. Never got the sense he was interested in iu. Been a few years though, so I may not remember completely.

Reactions: HOOOOOOOOOSERZ
I know they were on the visit to Purdue together. After that, Franklin was all iu and Newman Purdue. I assume Newman committed at the game with the way everything turned out. You may be right on Newman. Never got the sense he was interested in iu. Been a few years though, so I may not remember completely.
IU was always going to get one of the two and Purdue would get the other one. Painter tried to convince them they could play together which is why he brought them on the trip together. This rubbed Franklin and his family the wrong way as both Newman and Franklin made it clear they weren’t going to the same school.

Franklin committed to IU a week after his Purdue visit. At that time, IU cutoff all communication with Newman who committed to Purdue two weeks later.

IU was always going to get one of the two and Purdue would get the other one. Painter tried to convince them they could play together which is why he brought them on the trip together. This rubbed Franklin and his family the wrong way as both Newman and Franklin made it clear they weren’t going to the same school.

Franklin committed to IU a week after his Purdue visit. At that time, IU cutoff all communication with Newman who committed to Purdue two weeks later.
That's when Newman publicly committed. Could have easily committed on that trip.

That's when Newman publicly committed. Could have easily committed on that trip.
Haha the ole “silent verbal” Purdue fans live by. Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to feel better. Facts are Franklin committed first and IU stopped recruiting Newman though.

Reactions: indiana ed
people are blinded by their hate towards Archie. Looking at the numbers, Ivey and Lander are about the same. All the IU fans saying Ivey is miles better just want him to be better so they can push their agenda that Archie is a bad coach. He might be a poor coach, but that’s not where you will find your evidence anyways. Most of them have only seen Purdue play IU which is statistically an outlier for him on the season. Besides, comparing them is kind of a waste of time. I like where Lander is at right now and I love the intensity he brings. I don’t really care how good Ivey is or how good he can become.

Haha the ole “silent verbal” Purdue fans live by. Tell yourself whatever you need to in order to feel better. Facts are Franklin committed first and IU stopped recruiting Newman though.
So silent verbals aren't real? David Bell committed in like June. All season, everyone was like, he's coming to my school. Heck, he had signed papers before announcing a commitment. Don't act like it isn't real.

So silent verbals aren't real? David Bell committed in like June. All season, everyone was like, he's coming to my school. Heck, he had signed papers before announcing a commitment. Don't act like it isn't real.
They are sometimes real, but most of the time they aren’t. Newman committed to Purdue after IU took Franklin and cut ties with him. Prove me wrong.

Tell us his conference averages. One game against NW does not define success in the Big Ten.
Yes his averages arent great because he plays what 14 minutes a game, and scores 8 ppg behind the 2nd best center in the big10. His averages are actually quite impressive for limited minutes.

Yes his averages arent great because he plays what 14 minutes a game, and scores 8 ppg behind the 2nd best center in the big10. His averages are actually quite impressive for limited minutes.
14 mpg is no excuse to shoot 45% as a 7’4” dude. He literally gets the ball and turns and throws it at the basket every time he touches it.

LOL at calling Trevion Williams the 2nd best center in the Big Ten. You must be forgetting about Garza, TJD, and Cockburn. Hunter Dickinson is right on Williams’ heels for 4th best center in the league.

14 mpg is no excuse to shoot 45% as a 7’4” dude. He literally gets the ball and turns and throws it at the basket every time he touches it.

LOL at calling Trevion Williams the 2nd best center in the Big Ten. You must be forgetting about Garza, TJD, and Cockburn. Hunter Dickinson is right on Williams’ heels for 4th best center in the league.
Trevion much better than TJD.

They are sometimes real, but most of the time they aren’t. Newman committed to Purdue after IU took Franklin and cut ties with him. Prove me wrong.
I can prove you wrong about as much as you can prove me wrong on a potential silent verbal.

TJD is not a center. Cockburn might be better. The point about Edey remains. 8ppg is good in his limited minutes, and the takeaway his minutes are limited because hes playing behind a very good Center. 3rd, 4th

Reactions: Bill4411
Better passer, better at finishing at the rim, better jump shooter, better rebounder. TJD is more athletic. That’s it. Tough. And Trevion 3-0 in head to head matchups. Just a better overall player.
I’ll give you passer. They have the exact same FG%, so no Williams is not better around the rim.

Has Williams ever even attempted a mid range? TJD has hit 5 or 6 this year, so no to your jump shooter theory too.

They average the same number of boards per game, so that theory is gone too.

TJD is definitely more athletic. You also fail to mention TJD is a far better free throw shooter. As has already been mentioned, the biggest difference between them is that TJD is a very good defender and Williams... well... isn’t.

When there are 3 centers on the All Big Ten first team and Williams isn’t one of them, you will have your answer.

TJD is not a center. Cockburn might be better. The point about Edey remains. 8ppg is good in his limited minutes, and the takeaway his minutes are limited because hes playing behind a very good Center. 3rd, 4th
TJD is our starting Center. Edey averages 6 points per game in conference and only shoots 44% from the field. No one cares what he did against cupcakes with no size in non conference.

TJD is our starting Center. Edey averages 6 points per game in conference and only shoots 44% from the field. No one cares what he did against cupcakes with no size in non conference.
He's got a ton of potential, and he has only played basketball for a few years. 8ppg in 14 is impressive for a freshman. Well, if you're cherry picking stats, then in the last 3 games he has averaged 12 ppg in 16 minutes. He's shooting 57% on the year. I'm not sure how you don't see there talent there. Are you making the argument that he isn't a good freshman?

He's got a ton of potential, and he has only played basketball for a few years. 8ppg in 14 is impressive for a freshman. Well, if you're cherry picking stats, then in the last 3 games he has averaged 12 ppg in 16 minutes. He's shooting 57% on the year. I'm not sure how you don't see there talent there. Are you making the argument that he isn't a good freshman?
Im not cherry picking stats. I’m literally looking at conference games where he averages 6 points on 44% shooting.

Edey is decent and much better than anyone expected, but he’s not exactly anything to write home about. I like seeing him in the game for Purdue. The opposing team usually goes on a run.

Trojan and the other IU fanbois prefer their freshmen goose eggs to Purdue’s clear production. You can’t argue with stupid. It’s laughable ignorance at this point

I would take our underclassmen over yours for sure. Don’t forget you have the worst sophomore class in the country.

Don’t forget our freshmen will really be freshmen next year. This year doesn’t count against anyone’s eligibility. We will arguably have the largest and deepest freshmen class in the country. Let that sink in!

Don’t forget our freshmen will really be freshmen next year. This year doesn’t count against anyone’s eligibility. We will arguably have the largest and deepest freshmen class in the country. Let that sink in!
You think Those players are going to be at Purdue longer than 4 years?

I’ll give you passer. They have the exact same FG%, so no Williams is not better around the rim.

Has Williams ever even attempted a mid range? TJD has hit 5 or 6 this year, so no to your jump shooter theory too.

They average the same number of boards per game, so that theory is gone too.

TJD is definitely more athletic. You also fail to mention TJD is a far better free throw shooter. As has already been mentioned, the biggest difference between them is that TJD is a very good defender and Williams... well... isn’t.

When there are 3 centers on the All Big Ten first team and Williams isn’t one of them, you will have your answer.
Williams has hit more jumpers than TJD for sure. He hit one over TJD down the stretch back in January.

And where does this myth come from that TJD is a good defender? Lol. Dude gets crossed up on switches and anyone bigger than him eats his lunch ie: Williams & Cockburn. He’s soft. Only has one move. Go left and lay it in. Trevion does so much more for his team. Facts are facts brother. Only thing I’ll concede is that TJD does flex much more when down 15 on an and-1 and then he’ll miss the free throw but hey that flexing is so sick. 1st team All American flexer. Also TJD 0-3 in the head to head.

Last edited:
Williams has hit more jumpers than TJD for sure. He hit one over TJD down the stretch back in January.

And where does this myth come from that TJD is a good defender? Lol. Dude gets crossed up on switches and anyone bigger than him eats his lunch ie: Williams & Cockburn. He’s soft. Only has one move. Go left and lay it in. Trevion does so much more for his team. Facts are facts brother. Only thing I’ll concede is that TJD does flex much more when down 15 on an and-1 and then he’ll miss the free throw but hey that flexing is so sick. 1st team All American flexer. Also TJD 0-3 in the head to head.
TJD has hit more jumpers this year. I’ve watched every Purdue and IU game this year.

TJD is a really good defender. Williams is one of the worst in the league at guarding bigs which is why TJD and every other big dominate him.

Trayce only needs one move to be better than Williams. Keep that in mind when Williams isn’t first team all big ten and TJD is.

Head to head means nothing as that involves the rest of the team and the coaches on the sidelines. No one outside of biased Purdue fans would take Williams over TJD.

I would take our underclassmen over yours for sure. Don’t forget you have the worst sophomore class in the country.
So you like your underclassmen better and TJD is so much better than Trevion in your opinion. Yet, here you sit staring up at us in the standings and we already beat you in Bloomington. Good to see you’re going about these assessments objectively.

TJD has hit more jumpers this year. I’ve watched every Purdue and IU game this year.

TJD is a really good defender. Williams is one of the worst in the league at guarding bigs which is why TJD and every other big dominate him.

Trayce only needs one move to be better than Williams. Keep that in mind when Williams isn’t first team all big ten and TJD is.

Head to head means nothing as that involves the rest of the team and the coaches on the sidelines. No one outside of biased Purdue fans would take Williams over TJD.
It’s crazy how Purdue obviously has worse players than IU and continuously beats that ass. Bizarre conundrum if you ask me. Can’t wait to bump this when Trevion goes for another 25 point night against TJD. 🥳

Reactions: Bill4411
So you like your underclassmen better and TJD is so much better than Trevion in your opinion. Yet, here you sit staring up at us in the standings and we already beat you in Bloomington. Good to see you’re going about these assessments objectively.
Archie is a terrible coach. That doesn’t mean we don’t have more talent.

• Haha
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
It’s crazy how Purdue obviously has worse players than IU and continuously beats that ass. Bizarre conundrum if you ask me. Can’t wait to bump this when Trevion goes for another 25 point night against TJD. 🥳
Archie is a terrible coach. TJD>>>>>> Williams. BTW, TJD won that individual matchup in the first game, so bringing that up is a weird flex.

Cant wait to bump this when TJD is first team all big ten and Biggie Lite isn’t.

Archie is a terrible coach. TJD>>>>>> Williams. BTW, TJD won that individual matchup in the first game, so bringing that up is a weird flex.

Cant wait to bump this when TJD is first team all big ten and Biggie Lite isn’t.
Nah he lost the head to head meeting in January. Mr. All American 7-14 from the FT line including multiple front end of 1 & 1’s to try and get IU back in the game. 🤢 The jock sniffing over a player like TJD when all he’ll accomplish at IU is an 11 seed in the NCAA tournament & a 9th place finish in the big ten. 😭😭😭 Take him & his flexing 🤣🤣🤣.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT