ADVERTISEMENT

Lander or Ivey

Status
Not open for further replies.
You clearly have rankings already. Why do I have to post mine? You've talked about them and I asked first.

And I pulled overall stats because it's easier to grab on the fly and more indicative of his game as he's recently been in a slump, but coming out. Sasha missing time really threw the team off. What's his big ten stats.

I also haven't watched enough basketball this year to rank the bottom of iu's roster.
I do have my own rankings, but I’ll wait for you to post yours.

Do your own research on Hunter’s conference stats. They will probably surprise you.

Recruiting rankings are a measuring tool for projecting a players success. Performance once they get to school outweighs the rankings though obviously.

I don’t need a lecture on lack of sports knowledge from the guy who shits on Tom Allen and thinks he’s just a high school coach.
Outside of the top 25 - 30 players, the rankings are really meaningless, though we all understand why people like you treat them with such reverence. They’re the guide for people who lack even a basic knowledge of the game.

But you also said CMP wasn't a developer? How can you not see this??? You can't have it both ways. CMP is trending in recruiting and bringing in Shrewsberry only helps.
I said Painter doesn’t develop NBA players. That’s a fact given his track record in the NBA. I never said he doesn’t develop college talent.

You get your first two top 50 players since 2015 and suddenly you are trending in recruiting. Lol

I said Painter doesn’t develop NBA players. That’s a fact given his track record in the NBA. I never said he doesn’t develop college talent.

You get your first two top 50 players since 2015 and suddenly you are trending in recruiting. Lol
Can Painter not develop NBA players or does Painter not have NBA caliber players to develop? Big difference. I'd say Painter has put every NBA caliber player in the NBA and some.

Can Painter not develop NBA players or does Painter not have NBA caliber players to develop? Big difference. I'd say Painter has put every NBA caliber player in the NBA and some.
Painter has had a lot of players physically gifted enough to make the nba. You telling me Nojel Eastern didn’t have the body to make the NBA? If only Painter had developed that jumpshot...

Once again, you're strictly a recruiting number guy and not the WILL of a player. He's consistently in the top 5 of the conference with less. You make my point of what a great coach he is and the recruitment has been lifted. Shrewsberry has been great for us.

Beard continues to show this and what he learned from RMK. The WILL of a player is greater than any talent they possess. I'm assuming you would take him in a heartbeat or would you slam him for his recruiting efforts.

Reactions: Bill4411
Once again, you're strictly a recruiting number guy and not the WILL of a player. He's consistently in the top 5 of the conference with less. You make my point of what a great coach he is and the recruitment has been lifted. Shrewsberry has been great for us.
This has nothing to do with what I said. You claimed I said Painter doesn’t develop players. That’s false. I said he doesn’t develop players into NBA players. That’s a fact.

Eastern is better than Romeo.

Ronnie Johnson is better than Yogi

Taco (what a dumbass name) is better than Cody

"My beautiful wife Pat" ...

Helm's championship...

you guys say this dumbass crap all the time.

Hilarious ..

My personal favorite of theirs...

Harvard of the Midwest.

Reactions: TrojanFan004
Beard continues to show this and what he learned from RMK. The WILL of a player is greater than any talent they possess. I'm assuming you would take him in a heartbeat or would you slam him for his recruiting efforts.
You don’t think Beard is a good recruiter?

Outside of the top 25 - 30 players, the rankings are really meaningless, though we all understand why people like you treat them with such reverence. They’re the guide for people who lack even a basic knowledge of the game.
This is laughably wrong. Recruiting rankings aren’t an exact science, but they are generally pretty accurate.

Tell me more about how terrible Tom Allen is.

Serious question, can you provide even one post in your thousands of posts where you haven’t been negative about IU athletics? Should be pretty simple if you are truly an IU fan like you claim.

Bob Knight didn’t develop NBA players, either. Is that your measure of an outstanding college coach?

Reactions: Bill4411
This is laughably wrong. Recruiting rankings aren’t an exact science, but they are generally pretty accurate.

Tell me more about how terrible Tom Allen is.

Serious question, can you provide even one post in your thousands of posts where you haven’t been negative about IU athletics? Should be pretty simple if you are truly an IU fan like you claim.
Outside of the top 25-30, they're for fans like you who don’t know any better. Sorry if my realistic and truthful views of IU athletics are too difficult for you to understand. I’ve been a fan longer than you’ve known of their existence, which is obvious.

Bob Knight didn’t develop NBA players, either. Is that your measure of an outstanding college coach?
Follow the discussion. @Poprudy brought that up, because I stated Kaufman made a poor choice if he wants to spend a lot of time in the NBA like he states in interviews. I said Painter players don’t last in the NBA. I did not say it’s a measure of a good college coach.

Outside of the top 25-30, they're for fans like you who don’t know any better. Sorry if my realistic and truthful views of IU athletics are too difficult for you to understand. I’ve been a fan longer than you’ve known of their existence, which is obvious.
Show me a single post where you have been positive about IU. You can’t do it which is pretty sad.

He is shooting 1% higher from the field. He is also shooting 9% WORSE from the FT line. Get out of here with the more efficient BS if you are going to overlook the FT line.

Painter is a better coach than Archie. That’s why Williams is utilized more. That has nothing to do with the individual players.

Do you think Williams make 1st All Big ten over TJD? The better player will be on 1st Team. The better player will also be drafted next year while the worse player returns to college.
When was I ever arguing that Williams would be a higher draft pick, or drafted at all? The NBA drafts on potential, where TJD clearly has the advantage. You seem to value potential more than production. You can chalk 100% of the failures of your team up to coaching if you want to. Whatever makes you feel better.

Show me a single post where you have been positive about IU. You can’t do it which is pretty sad.
What’s there to be positive about? Only a blind & delusional homer like yourself can take positives out of the mediocre product IU basketball has trotted out there the last 4 years.

Reactions: beenther1s
You don’t think Beard is a good recruiter?
I never said that. I do think he does a great job at recruiting system players. He consistently recruits players out of the top 100 and they seem to strive in his system. You would hate half of his recruiting class... according to their ranking

Painter has had a lot of players physically gifted enough to make the nba. You telling me Nojel Eastern didn’t have the body to make the NBA? If only Painter had developed that jumpshot...
Painter wasn't the issue in eastern. His mom was the issue. Eastern is the one example I can think of. Again though, his mom was an issue.

Follow the discussion. @Poprudy brought that up, because I stated Kaufman made a poor choice if he wants to spend a lot of time in the NBA like he states in interviews. I said Painter players don’t last in the NBA. I did not say it’s a measure of a good college coach.
So where should he have gone then? Which Painter player, besides Swaziland, hasn't lasted in the NBA? Hummel? Had injuries. Johnson. Maybe, but he was limited away from the rim.

A big sell for kaufman was being coached by Shrewsberry and his NBA experience under a pretty good NBA coach.

Last edited:
Unlike you, I don’t consider a sub-.500 Big 10 record over the last 20 years to be acceptable. You’re foolishly trying to talk trash (and getting pummeled) by fans of a team that‘s been routinely kicking our ass. Why would that make an IU fan anything but sad?

Reactions: LowCut
It’s not a “discussion”, it’s you getting posterized by Purdue people on an IU site.

When was I ever arguing that Williams would be a higher draft pick, or drafted at all? The NBA drafts on potential, where TJD clearly has the advantage. You seem to value potential more than production. You can chalk 100% of the failures of your team up to coaching if you want to. Whatever makes you feel better.
Is the All Big Ten 1st team selected on Production or Potential? TJD will be a 1st teamer. Do you think Williams will?

What’s there to be positive about? Only a blind & delusional homer like yourself can take positives out of the mediocre product IU basketball has trotted out there the last 4 years.
He is also very anti IUFB (because he’s a Purdue fan). There are many positives surrounding IUFB.

I never said that. I do think he does a great job at recruiting system players. He consistently recruits players out of the top 100 and they seem to strive in his system. You would hate half of his recruiting class... according to their ranking
He had the 11th ranked class last year with two top 50 players and has a top 50 player already next year. Additionally, Beard is great using the transfer market to fill out his team. Recruiting transfers is still recruiting. Beard is a great recruiter.

So where should he have gone then? Which Painter player, besides Swaziland, hasn't lasted in the NBA? Hummel? Had injuries. Johnson. Maybe, but he was limited away from the rim.

A big sell for kaufman was being coached by Shrewsberry and his NBA experience under a pretty good NBA coach.
Every player Painter has coached apart from Carl Landry and Etwaan Moore have failed to make it in the NBA.

We will see what happens with Kaufman. He has the raw talent to get there.

Unlike you, I don’t consider a sub-.500 Big 10 record over the last 20 years to be acceptable. You’re foolishly trying to talk trash (and getting pummeled) by fans of a team that‘s been routinely kicking our ass. Why would that make an IU fan anything but sad?
Show me 1 post where you have been positive? I mean I get you aren’t an IU fan, just pointing out proof to everyone else. 3k+ posts and you can’t point to ONE in which you have been positive about IU. Not even IUFB posts where there is nothing but positives going on. Troll.

He had the 11th ranked class last year with two top 50 players and has a top 50 player already next year. Additionally, Beard is great using the transfer market to fill out his team. Recruiting transfers is still recruiting. Beard is a great recruiter.
The question is would you be happy with the other recruits. Last yr minus top 50, 127, 201 and 213. The year prior and minus top 50, 90, 144, 194, 406 and 427. Don't twist it and just state the facts...you would kill him for his recruiting.

The question is would you be happy with the other recruits. Last yr minus top 50, 127, 201 and 213. The year prior and minus top 50, 90, 144, 194, 406 and 427. Don't twist it and just state the facts...you would kill him for his recruiting.
I really wouldn’t care that much. Only 8 or 9 guys play. I don’t really care if players 10-13 aren’t great. Low ranked players can become really good players as upperclassman. It isn’t a guarantee, and some flop.

Also, if Archie had taken IU to an elite 8 followed by a national championship appearance, and I don’t think many fans would care who was on the team.

I really wouldn’t care that much. Only 8 or 9 guys play. I don’t really care if players 10-13 aren’t great. Low ranked players can become really good players as upperclassman. It isn’t a guarantee, and some flop.

Also, if Archie had taken IU to an elite 8 followed by a national championship appearance, and I don’t think many fans would care who was on the team.
10-13? Can you count? I just gave you 7 almost 8 out of the last 2 classes that were out of top 100. He recruits to his system and not a number. You like looking at a recruiting number and not the recruit. Anyways good luck.

10-13? Can you count? I just gave you 7 almost 8 out of the last 2 classes that were out of top 100. He recruits to his system and not a number. You like looking at a recruiting number and not the recruit. Anyways good luck.
How many of those players play a big role? He builds through transfer more than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT