ADVERTISEMENT

Louisiana lol

Really? I heard Trump say something like that too. I try not to be selfish and to be kind and compassionate and help others and it has nothing to do with whether there is a God or not. I do it because it’s the right thing. I don’t need the promise of Heaven or hell to try to be as good a person as possible.
Bless your little heart.

My joy comes from my belief in God.
Stats show that if you were raised nonreligious, you'd be less inclined to immoral or criminal behavior

Though there are exceptions, like Trump, who according to his family members holds no religious beliefs whatsoever (though he fakes it) and he is exceptionally crimey and immoral.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ulrey
That would mean that atheists have no morals. They would commit more crimes than Christians. Which ISN'T TRUE.

...how does the raising of upstanding, moral children work without prayers at mealtimes and morality lessons at Sunday school? Quite well, it seems. Far from being dysfunctional, nihilistic and rudderless without the security and rectitude of religion, secular households provide a sound and solid foundation for children, according to Vern Bengston, a USC professor of gerontology and sociology....

nonreligious family life is replete with its own sustaining moral values and enriching ethical precepts. Chief among those: rational problem solving, personal autonomy, independence of thought, avoidance of corporal punishment, a spirit of “questioning everything” and, far above all, empathy.

For secular people, morality is predicated on one simple principle: empathetic reciprocity, widely known as the Golden Rule.

I think you’re on to something. The last few times I went to church it was full of Bloods and Crips members. I guess they have too much Jesus in their hearts. The preacher gave a sermon on shooting mofos 🤔

I think you’re on to something. The last few times I went to church it was full of Bloods and Crips members. I guess they have too much Jesus in their hearts. The preacher gave a sermon on shooting mofos 🤔
white-flag-XXL-anim.gif

All that eye for an eye talk, plus worship for the non-wimpy American gun-totin' Jesus, can rile up a feller

Assuming there was no God, you would just be doing what you deemed the right thing to do. Im fine with that by the way. I was laughing at the notion of someone else judging another person’s “right thing”.
You have to believe in Jesus to be saved which is entirely up to you.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Thread reminds me of the days as a Roman Catholic and going through a lengthy examination of conscience using a guide which had several pages for each commandment broken down into both venial and mortal sins. Just looking at a girl's body could lead to daydreaming (venial sin) and finally touching her (borderline mortal sin).

Contrast this with a clever dialogue by George Carlin who suggests the !0 Commandments should be reduced to only three. Recommend viewing this video.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT