ADVERTISEMENT

GAME THREAD: Maryland 21 @ IU 21, 7:21 Q3.

I’m 25 miles from the stadium and have light rain and very little wind at the moment.

Reactions: 76-1
First Quarter was a bit of a grind but 0 points off the 2 turnovers. Both drives had the potential for points but at least none were given up. I'm not sure I've ever seen a D bring only 2 except in like an obvious hail mary situation. Props to the D. Not worried about Rourke or the offense, they'll be fine. The D needs to dig in here, don't allow a TD. Right on queue Maryland doing Maryland things, personal foul losing 15 yards....

Edit: False start lol

Edit Again: Offensive Personal Foul facemask...this drive is dead in the water lol
-------

Welp.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Should that not have been a hold, not a PI? That ball was severely overthrown even without the hold there's no way he gets to it.

No... "In college football, the penalty is similar—a 10-yard penalty but without an automatic first down unless the hold happens against an eligible receiver" It was PI...

What about the uncatchable ball aspect? I maintain there's no way he was getting to it even without a hold.
I re-wound it back and watched it twice...If he hadn't been held it would have been within a yard or so of being catchable, too close to dispute. I think it was the right call.

Reactions: bang63
Lack of poise by our offense today is going to determine the outcome of the game today. I fear we won’t overcome this. 3 turnovers in the 1st half loses games 9 times out of 10.

The fact we are even in this game with 3 turnovers is crazy.

Maryland is a horribly disciplined team. We put up a performance like this against any of the big 5 (OSU, Mich, Penn State. USC or Oregon) and we'll get curb stomped.

Please I beg you don't play super soft and allow Turtleland to get into field goal range...

Nice hold on the PAT btw, that was almost bad...

Boys, can we all agree this isn't the Indiana of Ole?

3 turnovers in a half would have been for sure game over. We're up by a touchdown going into the half. Still a lot of football to play, but we're not playing well in the least and are still in this game.
Very true...different vibe. For Rourke to brush the INT's off and score before the half is great for him and the team.

1) I love Cooper

2) Imagine being Maryland and being down right now.

3) Indiana has the momentum and I trust Coach Cig & Co. to out-scheme Loxley and Friends at half time.

"Putting pressure on the quarterback, we need to do that." - 🚬

Boys, can we all agree this isn't the Indiana of Ole?

3 turnovers in a half would have been for sure game over. We're up by a touchdown going into the half. Still a lot of football to play, but we're not playing well in the least and are still in this game.
IU is incredibly fortunate to be up 7 after turning the ball over 3 times. Defense saved IU's ass. Without the turnovers, IU would have a really nice lead.

Both of Maryland's scores have come on drives where we had them in 1st and 20 or more. Was there any doubt we would let them score on the 1st drive of the second half and keep them in it?

I don't think the Maryland player was fully inbounds on that 3rd down catch but there wasn't a good enough camera angle to overturn it. Also the Turtles are holding on literally every throw.

IU not very sharp today. Was hoping we’d look better than we look against a decent team. Disappointing so far

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT