ADVERTISEMENT

L.A. fine with riots and protests, bans Halloween

Perhaps, but that wasn't the issue, was it? The issue was the baseless claim LA supports riots.
And in reading through articles it appears la/Santa Monica law enforcement and authorities took aggressive action to thwart all the looting and destruction, including calling in the guard. I lumped LA with Portland and other places. I was wrong.

And in reading through articles it appears la/Santa Monica law enforcement and authorities took aggressive action to thwart all the looting and destruction, including calling in the guard. I lumped LA with Portland and other places. I was wrong.

The thing that L.A. really did right was not conflating protesting with rioting. They smartly supported peaceful protests, working to help them happen in the safest way possible logistically. That's why JDB's original thought was so silly and why the link he offered shows the backwards lens on the issue that folks such as him have. While I understand your frustration with the sacrifices kids are having to make these days, I know that you care about the issue and that you're a thoughtful part of improving things.

Reactions: mashnut
What exactly am I willing to speculate about? Please provide quotations of things I actually said, and not things you assume I'd say. Thanks.

Time to retitle this thread "Bad trolling goes down in flames". I expect the next reply you get to be "I never said that. You're the one who said that!"

You want children you've never met - maybe chaperoned by an adult you've never met, or maybe not chaperoned at all - coming to your door asking for candy in droves one evening this fall? After going through what the country's gone through to get rid of COVID-19?

What's wrong with you?

Yikes. Sounds a lot like schools.

You are correct, I deleted my post, I got stuck on page one you apologies for my mistake. However,

I do, because that sounds pretty stupid. Seems to me, a lack of heavy police or guard intervention is evidence of nothing more than the likelihood that the authorities don't think such intervention would be the most effective response.
Wouldn’t “seems to me” and “likelihood” indicate speculation & conjecture? We all do it on the forum, it’s ok, I’m just wanting to avoid unnecessary speculation as to why you don’t want to relative to my question...

You are correct, I deleted my post, I got stuck on page one you apologies for my mistake. However,

Wouldn’t “seems to me” and “likelihood” indicate speculation & conjecture? We all do it on the forum, it’s ok, I’m just wanting to avoid unnecessary speculation as to why you don’t want to relative to my question...
Valid point. I guess I would argue that I'm not speculating any of that is actually true; I'm just suggesting it's a more parsimonious explanation than the unfounded accusation I was responding to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT