ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

Huh, and I coulda sworn when those rumors came out that you came running over here saying there was nothing to them.
He was so sure of it too!!

I was here well before this season buddy. But I do hear iu fans say Purdue sucks all the time. It goes both ways.

I have no rebuttal because idc about things I've never seen. I care about relevance. I've been consistent with saying that. Idc if Purdue won a national championship in 1930. Idc that Purdue turned down a tournament bid allowing iu to win one of their banners. Idc that Purdue was a one seed with big dog. It's all irrelevant. That's why I didn't say anything. Why is it irrelevant? Because no recruit is picking iu because they won a national championship 35 years ago. Recruits are picking Purdue and iu because of what they can become. Not what they were. Gene Keady and Bob Knight have nothing to do with the present day.

I don't need a catchings update. I knew it before it was mentioned here. He was never leaving Purdue.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
There wasn’t because when I said that, he was going no where. That was in relation to that moment, not one years later.
So the fact that this was at least the third time he'd been reported to be unhappy and considering decommiting, you think has no relevance? Interesting. "BoilerN, party of one, your table is ready!"

Yeah, but when BYU comes calling; how do you say no?
Not sure how exactly it all went down this time. Can’t say with 100% certainty that’s why he left. Is what it is though. If he wants to go to BYU, more power to him.

So the fact that this was at least the third time he'd been reported to be unhappy and considering decommiting, you think has no relevance? Interesting. "BoilerN, party of one, your table is ready!"
Not at all what I said, no. The comments being reference were in regards to one specific time. Every time he had gotten a wild hair, he ultimately stuck around though. He seems to be an emotional guy. Not a bad thing though. If he can learn to control it, he has a chance to be a really good player. Hope it works out for him!

What I can say is he made a decision. Not sure it was a good decision, but that’s my opinion. Hard to say with certainty. But he’s not at Purdue and Purdue will be fine as they return some good players and seem to have 5 quality freshmen coming in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
What I can say is he made a decision. Not sure it was a good decision, but that’s my opinion. Hard to say with certainty. But he’s not at Purdue and Purdue will be fine as they return some good players and seem to have 5 quality freshmen coming in.
I think he is a major loss. One kid I wanted at IU. I guess time will show.

I think he is a major loss. One kid I wanted at IU. I guess time will show.
Ya. I think it’s a big loss in 2 years. He’s still a fairly raw player imo. Seems like he wants to be a one and done though? Idk, I’ll get laughed at, but I kind of felt Harris was a bigger need because Purdue needs a backup PG/SG more than a backup 4. Catchings would have helped this year, don’t confused the two though.

I was more amused that to him the word "never" meant only in this moment, not years later.

🤡🤡🤡

Reactions: kkott
Not at all what I said, no. The comments being reference were in regards to one specific time. Every time he had gotten a wild hair, he ultimately stuck around though. He seems to be an emotional guy. Not a bad thing though. If he can learn to control it, he has a chance to be a really good player. Hope it works out for him!

"Never leaving Purdue" doesn't mean what people think

I get it.

I guess if you want to take it literal…. Go for it. Everyone leaves everywhere at some point.
You are as obstinate as a 5 year old. It’s ok to simply say, “yeah, I got it wrong” instead of doubling down and making yourself look like more on an insufferable moron. People are wrong all the time, but good lord the energy it must take to keep trying to manipulate your words instead of just acknowledging what everyone with half a brain gathered from what you said in the post. At some point just stop responding to the post on a rivals board if you aren’t going to intelligently defend your position. We won’t be bothered by the choice, I promise!

You are as obstinate as a 5 year old. It’s ok to simply say, “yeah, I got it wrong” instead of doubling down and making yourself look like more on an insufferable moron. People are wrong all the time, but good lord the energy it must take to keep trying to manipulate your words instead of just acknowledging what everyone with half a brain gathered from what you said in the post. At some point just stop responding to the post on a rivals board if you aren’t going to intelligently defend your position. We won’t be bothered by the choice, I promise!
Where was I wrong? I said a year ago he was never leaving. Referring to that moment. He didn’t. I sure as crap wasn’t talking about a year later…. I didn’t say he wasn’t showing up at Purdue guaranteed. I said he was never leaving. In reference to the few days of “scare” a year ago.

Where was I wrong? I said a year ago he was never leaving. Referring to that moment. He didn’t. I sure as crap wasn’t talking about a year later…. I didn’t say he wasn’t showing up at Purdue guaranteed. I said he was never leaving. In reference to the few days of “scare” a year ago.
You were wrong in your understanding of the word never. Again, doubling down by showing you don’t know the definition of the word never is absurd. Never isn’t situation specific, it is all encompassing. Your implication was that he will absolutely be a boiler at some point. He was in fact NEVER a Boilermaker. You were wrong.

You were wrong in your understanding of the word never. Again, doubling down by showing you don’t know the definition of the word never is absurd. Never isn’t situation specific, it is all encompassing. Your implication was that he will absolutely be a boiler at some point. He was in fact NEVER a Boilermaker. You were wrong.
Gilligan is an ultramarathoner when it comes to lost arguments, he will outlast you. He is still wrong but he will outlast you.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
Never:
adverb
at no time in the past or future; on no occasion; not ever.

I don't mean to be condescending (that means to talk down to someone), but you prop up the stereotype of a purdoo fan.

Depends. Was he a boilermaker when he signed his NLI? Purdue announced him as one. Seems like gray area.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Never:
adverb
at no time in the past or future; on no occasion; not ever.

I don't mean to be condescending (that means to talk down to someone), but you prop up the stereotype of a purdoo fan.

"they had never been camping in their lives"

So does that mean they will never go camping and if they do, they were wrong? That example was pulled directly below the definition and says the same thing as me saying he was never leaving Purdue in that specific period.

Like the definition says “at no time in the past”

So does that mean they will never go camping and if they do, they were wrong? That example was pulled directly below the definition and says the same thing as me saying he was never leaving Purdue in that specific period.

“Had”

Listen purdue has 5 freshman 3 of those freshman going to play you add colvin and heide and 3 players coming back from the bench yes purdue has more over all talent then iu purdue could play 12 guys if they wanted to just saying
This is silly IMV. They play 12 guys, they won't even be a .500 team.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion

They either don't teach English in West Laffy or don't require it of their applicants. You're making your fellow broilers proud!

DDoD - Double Down on Dumb

lol

I am sure he loves being called a “tumor”

So awesome to see you little guys go through the hassles of creating new accounts just to love on me.
Do Tumors grow on Tumors?

I've viewed that shithole as a tumor sprouted off Bloomington/Indy my whole life.

• Haha
Reactions: kkott

Maybe it's time you STFU and go away ...

They either don't teach English in West Laffy or don't require it of their applicants. You're making your fellow broilers proud!

DDoD - Double Down on Dumb
You failed to answer the question. Anyways, apparently we can’t discuss basketball and have to discuss random crap. So let me know if you want to talk actual ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT