ADVERTISEMENT

Kanon Catchings

Also, it’s any good ones. Not no good ones. FYI
Sorry. Forgot the news rules that don’t allow NIL rules to be enforced. Apologies.

I didn’t bold crap in a post. My final four talk was about 25-26. KC’s sophomore year, where I said it hurts worse. But yes, the big ten is wide open this year. And the best PG in the big ten will lead Purdue to a top 4 finish. But you have no interest in discussing or being reasonable. You don’t like Purdues players and think they have no one good. That’s fine. Cheers
OMG. You tried to grammar nazi me, but I was quoting your incorrect use of any vs no good. So you actually called out your OWN grammar error. 🤣 Holy balls are you precious. Never change BoilerN.

20 wins is not the bar. You can schedule your way to 20 every season. It's balancing a good non-conf schedule paired to your conf schedule that gets you in the big dance.

Painter is a good coach, not a great coach. He's had the best player, also the toughest matchup in the game, for multiple seasons and couldn't win the national title. He may have reached his ceiling at this point.

I don’t think so. Not right away at least. I had smith, Loyer, Colvin, Heide, TKR. With a chance of Catchings starting by January. Had catchings as the backup 4, but TKR could also play some backup 4 with Jacobson or Burg at the 5. Two of Cox, Benter, and Harris to backup the 1-2.

With catching gone, two of Benter, Cox, and Harris to play the backup 1-3. I think Harris is the most important incoming freshman for a backup PG. Needing a 2/3 now might open the door for Benter over Cox since he’s 6’6 215. Will be interesting to see how the lineup plays out. Two years from now is when Purdue will really miss Catchings imo, if he stuck around.
That’s a tiny lineup

Listen purdue has 5 freshman 3 of those freshman going to play you add colvin and heide and 3 players coming back from the bench yes purdue has more over all talent then iu purdue could play 12 guys if they wanted to just saying
Purdue won’t have more depth, not even close.
Iu will have more talent and depth…like always will come down to coaching and discipline

Listen purdue has 5 freshman 3 of those freshman going to play you add colvin and heide and 3 players coming back from the bench yes purdue has more over all talent then iu purdue could play 12 guys if they wanted to just saying
Again, IU has like 88 ppg from P5 colleges coming back and my estimate was purdue had around 44ppg returning. Freshmen are unknowns, but we do have a 5 star freshman and you lost your highest rated recruit. The only place PU has more talent than IU this year is in your head. For a more objective view watch some of the Sleepers episodes on this subject, and they love PU.

Lay this out position by position and show where the boilers have more talent.

8tm24p.jpg

The Sleepers did this a month ago, when they still had Catchings, and as the fifth best player spot they gave it to PU over IU with Catchings > Tucker, so they would've lost that one. I think they also screwed up their process because one guy said Reanu was IUs best player and the other said Ballo and they chose Smith over Ballo, but never subbed back in that Reanu/Ballo was 2 guys so I think they should have bumped all the PU rankings down 1, which gives IU an better score.

Sleepers: IU's 10 best vs PU's 10 best.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
The Sleepers did this a month ago, when they still had Catchings, and as the fifth best player spot they gave it to PU over IU with Catchings > Tucker, so they would've lost that one. I think they also screwed up their process because one guy said Reanu was IUs best player and the other said Ballo and they chose Smith over Ballo, but never subbed back in that Reanu/Ballo was 2 guys so I think they should have bumped all the PU rankings down 1, which gives IU an better score.

They just did a best/worse case rundown of both too. It’s all hypothetical but it puts things in perspective.

They just did a best/worse case rundown of both too. It’s all hypothetical but it puts things in perspective.
It's so hard to do because of the chemistry and coaching piece, but on paper IU has a much better roster. How much do you factor in Painter, but that's their only hope is that he gets them to play at a much higher level.

I just don't get their love for Braden Smith. They try and cover all factors, but that I've heard, they've never suggested the impact on Braden without Edey, which is a bit mind-blowing to me for guys who try and be somewhat objective.

Smith over Ballo?

WTF?

So let's give pu the PG position with smith even though I want to see what he can do without Edey to cover for him.

What other position to they have an advantage with the 2 deep?

Certainly not the 2, 4 or 5.

3? convince me.

Last edited:
Smith over Ballo?

WTF?

So let's give pu the PG position with smith even though I want to see what he can do without Edey to cover for him.

What other position to they have an advantage with the 2 deep?

Certainly not the 2, 4 or 5.

3? convince me.
They are giving TKR too much credit too. Is he better than Malik? I don’t think so. Undersized 5 and kind of slow. He can shoot it though. Then you have Cam Heidi who is very athletic unproven that will play on the wing/4 that is athletic but still a bit undersized.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
They are giving TKR too much credit too. Is he better than Malik? I don’t think so. Undersized 5 and kind of slow. He can shoot it though. Then you have Cam Heidi who is very athletic unproven that will play on the wing/4 that is athletic but still a bit undersized.
What if he plays the 3 like Painter said he could ..

lmao ..

Think they had some tie to the new Coach. The Sleepers guys didn't think he'd even take another visit and I don't think he did did he? Think he had some scheduled to maybe NC St and Lville, but don't think he took them.
IIRC he visited Florida St. (funny since that’s the opposite of BYU), and NC St. There may have been other updates I didn’t follow closely.

BYU hiring his OTE coach seems to be the straw that broke the commitment, which as people said it was a weak one for some time.

I don’t hate PU losing their top recruit to BYU lol.

IIRC he visited Florida St. (funny since that’s the opposite of BYU), and NC St. There may have been other updates I didn’t follow closely.

BYU hiring his OTE coach seems to be the straw that broke the commitment, which as people said it was a weak one for some time.

I don’t hate PU losing their top recruit to BYU lol.
This had been in the works awhile. Tim Fanning to BYU had been a work in-progress for weeks but couldn't be announced due to prior obligations. Catchings visited BYU to make sure he didn't hate the place but Fanning had been in his ear awhile and prompted him to not enroll at Purdue. Do not let Purdue fans control this narrative. A hometown kid spurning you for BYU two months removed from a national runner-up is a bad look anyway you try and slice it. Purdue and their mouthpieces are obviously on damage control right now.

Last edited:
This had been in the works awhile. Tim Fanning to BYU had been a work in-progress for weeks but couldn't be announced due to prior obligations. Catchings visited BYU to make sure he didn't hate the place but Fanning had been in his ear awhile and prompted him to not enroll at Purdue. Do not let Purdue fans control this narrative. A hometown kid spurning you for BYU two months removed from a national runner-up is a bad look anyway you try and slice it. Purdue and their mouthpieces are obviously on damage control right now.
BYU has a huge war chest and BYU just hired Catchings high school coach a few days ago. I think this is all you really need to know.

I look for this to happen a lot in the age of unlimited NIL>

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Not sure this moves the needle that much. Reading the article his mom was interviewed in, it seems he wanted a change. Seems like a kid growing up and making his own choices.

Reactions: 76-1
My PU buddy says it’s like having a tumor removed. I suppose that’s what you have to tell yourself. But I don’t remember saying that when McNeeley bolted.

• Haha
Reactions: RRgo and kkott
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT