ADVERTISEMENT

You’ve gotta be ****ing kidding me

Fairly weak argument. I'd rather get to the final four than brag about paying players to play for the university.

Winning is what matters. I don't like Purdue, but I'm not gonna argue against Zach's success. The big guy has earned it, just like TJD has.
Nobody remembers who was in the Final Four or the loser of the final game. All that sh@$ just fades over time. Only the winner gets their name etched in history.
I’m sure, though, it’s a big deal for schools that go once every 40 years and tout a mythical trophy created by a bread company.

Love it. Don't ever change IU fans! We will keep you nimrods in rearview mirror like we have the last two decades.
Nice season again this year BTW
If you ain't first you're last... What will you see in future NCAA tourney flashbacks, the Purdue runner up clips of 2024 or the 16 seed upset reels? People will get you confused with which team UConn beat for the NC and remember Purdue was the blowout NC year.

Player gets drafted. Run to IU board

I wonder how many IU fans went running to the PU board to troll you clowns about Woody transforming a skinny low motor kid from low NBA prospects to the 15th pick in one season.

Rent free
It’s really quite simple so let me explain it for you. Some IU fans - with questionable basketball IQs - have been saying for two years that Edey is just tall, has very few basketball skills, and will not sniff the NBA. This is largely due to jealously or from being dropped on their heads too often from a young age. Helmets are important! Now try to follow along I know this is hard so far. Edey then gets drafted in the lottery which makes IU fans super upset because they realize some of their genius prognostications were actually moronic and about as credible as saying IU wins the off season every year. Purdue fans never said anything negative about Ware because they aren’t jealous of him and think he’s a decent young man. Rent free for you bubba - now try and comprehend!

It’s really quite simple so let me explain it for you. Some IU fans - with questionable basketball IQs - have been saying for two years that Edey is just tall, has very few basketball skills, and will not sniff the NBA. This is largely due to jealously or from being dropped on their heads too often from a young age. Helmets are important! Now try to follow along I know this is hard so far. Edey then gets drafted in the lottery which makes IU fans super upset because they realize some of their genius prognostications were actually moronic and about as credible as saying IU wins the off season every year. Purdue fans never said anything negative about Ware because they aren’t jealous of him and think he’s a decent young man. Rent free for you bubba - now try and comprehend!
No surprise you ran over here right away as well.

Rent free.

That’s going to leave a mark! Good call.

• Haha
Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Tom Izzo? Lol. He has been to 3 times the final fours that Purdue has ever made. Tom Izzo never shit the bed to a #13, #15, and #16 seed in a row.
Thats right, and Izzo is still coaching, and he has 3 FFs more than Bobby Knight! Painter is young and still coaching and winning! Whats your point. Maybe IU should worry more about, lets say Nebraska, who smoked IU 3 games last year by a total of more than 19+ a game!

Thats right, and Izzo is still coaching, and he has 3 FFs more than Bobby Knight! Painter is young and still coaching and winning! Whats your point. Maybe IU should worry more about, let’s say Nebraska, who smoked IU 3 games last year by a total of more than 19+ a game!
Who?

What kind of losers run to another team’s board after a player gets drafted? Seriously….think about it. It must be a sad, boring life. Think about the mentality that these poor souls possess. I hope they can work through their issues and find success and happiness.

I guess the biggest issue here is that the OP invited Purdue fans to come gloat. I don't really get that.
PU fans were already here because they’re obsessed. Little bro constantly seeking validation. They’re too stupid to see how pathetic they look running over here for every little thing. I find it entertaining in a sick way.

PU fans were already here because they’re obsessed. Little bro constantly seeking validation. They’re too stupid to see how pathetic they look running over here for every little thing. I find it entertaining in a sick way.
I guess I'd see it differently if one of them came here seeking validation by starting a thread about this subject. That WOULD HAVE certainly happened.

Thats right, and Izzo is still coaching, and he has 3 FFs more than Bobby Knight! Painter is young and still coaching and winning! Whats your point. Maybe IU should worry more about, lets say Nebraska, who smoked IU 3 games last year by a total of more than 19+ a game!
Izzo is a great coach. There are many coaches in Big Ten history that didn't need 20 years to make a Final Four. I'd be more worried about historic bed shittings against double digit seeds like FDU.

Edey at #9 to Memphis means he starts from day 1 and plays 20+ minutes a game. Memphis was trying to trade up to get Clingan, but they wouldn't pay the price and stayed at 9 and settled for Edey. We will all find out real soon if he's a bust or not.

Tom Izzo? Lol. He has been to 3 times the final fours that Purdue has ever made. Tom Izzo never shit the bed to a #13, #15, and #16 seed in a row.
I think Izzo has lost some of his luster. It seems to be questionable as a guy who can now get his team to the FF. Painter is a really good coach, but his brand is regional, not national.

Reactions: Vern Pain
Memphis was specifically looking for a big for screens, rebounding, and clogging up the middle to replace Adams lost to injury. Zach is a near perfect fit for that with better scoring potential than Adams. Most other teams would not be able to utilize him because of his limitations noted here. He ended up in a very good fit with a team that could make some noise going forward if they all mesh well together. Ware will likely have the higher scoring average of the two, but could not have provided the Grizzley with what they need from a center in their system. Edey is a system dependent guy, but the Grizzley system is almost tailor made for him.

Reactions: wi_hoosier
Two different things happening in this thread...I'll address both of them...

1. I think Edey is going to be good in the NBA, and is deserving of a top 10 pick. I think he'll adapt well to the style, and he'll fit alongside Jaren Jackson really well. He's going to need to learn how to pass the ball a lot better, but we've seen him improve on most of his weaknesses dramatically the last few years. I'm sure he will his passing and ball handling too.

2. Its alarming how little anyone in the media, and ESPN, cared that Edey was there or not. It took someone on a cell phone sending ESPN footage of the draft announcement for it to get ANY coverage. Purdue is basically a glorified high school program. In a year or two, they'll be excited when one of their plays makes a random SC Top 10 list. The columnist doing pre draft coverage basically made fun of Edey for choosing to be there instead of at the draft, and struggled to come up with really any reference to Purdue or West Lafayette...and instead focused on some weird KFC tie in.

He's literally the biggest thing that's ever happened at and for Purdue basketball. And ESPN couldn't even send some intern with a Go Pro to cover his draft party.

So...he's good, and will be good in the NBA. But the Purdue tie in...NO.ONE.CARES.

He’ll be a Shawn Bradley, Bryant Reeves type. He’ll hang around awhile due to his size but won’t make a major impact. One thing is for certain, the first time he has a double digit game in scoring or rebounds, desperate PU fans will be here proclaiming him the next Wilt Chamberlain…

What kind of losers run to another team’s board after a player gets drafted? Seriously….think about it. It must be a sad, boring life. Think about the mentality that these poor souls possess. I hope they can work through their issues and find success and happiness.
Living in SEC country other schools running to other boards is common place because its fans arguing. It’s what all rivals do. Honestly if this was Bama/KY MBB it would be 10x.

But to correct the narrative. It’s not that IU fans “don’t” run to other boards. Its IU fans “can’t.” Maybe if we had a soccer board you could. But over the last decade Purdue has dominated the conversation in the State for football and basketball. Upset about Purdue fans needling you? Win.

Embittered Insecure fans do.

Several on display right here.

Two different things happening in this thread...I'll address both of them...

1. I think Edey is going to be good in the NBA, and is deserving of a top 10 pick. I think he'll adapt well to the style, and he'll fit alongside Jaren Jackson really well. He's going to need to learn how to pass the ball a lot better, but we've seen him improve on most of his weaknesses dramatically the last few years. I'm sure he will his passing and ball handling too.

2. Its alarming how little anyone in the media, and ESPN, cared that Edey was there or not. It took someone on a cell phone sending ESPN footage of the draft announcement for it to get ANY coverage. Purdue is basically a glorified high school program. In a year or two, they'll be excited when one of their plays makes a random SC Top 10 list. The columnist doing pre draft coverage basically made fun of Edey for choosing to be there instead of at the draft, and struggled to come up with really any reference to Purdue or West Lafayette...and instead focused on some weird KFC tie in.

He's literally the biggest thing that's ever happened at and for Purdue basketball. And ESPN couldn't even send some intern with a Go Pro to cover his draft party.

So...he's good, and will be good in the NBA. But the Purdue tie in...NO.ONE.CARES.
IF: Purdue is a glorified high school program;

THEN: IU is being dominated by a high school program.

Which is worse?

• Haha
Izzo is a great coach. There are many coaches in Big Ten history that didn't need 20 years to make a Final Four. I'd be more worried about historic bed shittings against double digit seeds like FDU.
I think you got that covered, since you talk about FDU every other day!

I think you got that covered, since you talk about FDU every other day!
How many user names does this make for you? Get a job!

6561f536a2616b4fc8903a1c505066fc.jpg

Woody has split against Painter, lol. Not saying Woody is a great coach, either.
Last time IU played a game of importance against a team not named Purdue?

Also. To save me time from searching what was your prediction mid-season on where Edey was gonna be drafted? Given the high level of knowledge you possess re: basketball I’ll assume you were within a couple picks?

Last time IU played a game of importance against a team not named Purdue?

Also. To save me time from searching what was your prediction mid-season on where Edey was gonna be drafted? Given the high level of knowledge you possess re: basketball I’ll assume you were within a couple picks?
Curious, the rafters at Mackey are pretty sparse. Do you think a Zach Edey, #9 Pick, 2024 banner is in the works?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT