ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris will not be the nominee

Hey Steve did you see any highlights from the Philly rally? Before he launched into his spech, Walz was talking about how awesome Shapiro was and singing his praises for the way Shapiro introduced him. As he went thru Shapiro's qualities he ended with something to the effect of "and I know from personal experience that there is no better person to go to a Springsteen show in Jersey with than Josh Shapiro". The Philly crowd then started to Bruuce and Walz Bruuuced them back. It was awesome...

Only mistep was he should've said a "Philly show", but maybe it was only a Jersey show that they attended together?
Yep, I caught that and thought the exact same thing. Walz came out on stage to a Bruce song the next night in Eau Claire, too. I kind of sensed Walz and Shapiro were E Street guys. It speaks to Kamala’s good judgement that they were her two finalists. 😎

Last edited:
Reactions: cosmickid
Yeah I posted the full context in this thread and I’m right and you’re wrong per our usual arrangement.
No you posted more derangement from Megan Kelly who didn't even acknowledge that Trump was lying about the timeline. Doesn't matter, Trumpers are always going to believe Trump's lies...

To be fair, that is highly edited. Trump praised Walz for finally calling out the guard.

The fact is that Walz sat on his hands for 48 hours while his city was burned and looted by the worst of the worst.

If it's edited, I'd like to hear the actual call unedited.

Got a link to it so I can listen to it?

She doesn't have African-American heritage as I understand. Her father was Jamaican with and Irish ancestor to boot.

African-Americans for the most part don't like Jamaicans all that much.

The identity politics stuff is absolute bullshit. We're all mutts.
You do know that generally African means black don’t you? And just so you know, you’re the one perpetuating the identity politics with your stupid posts. And wtf does having Irish ancestry have to do with being black? I have Irish, Swedish, and German ancestry. So what kind of American am I? My brother in laws black dad had blue eyes so should he identify as White since whitey is in his gene pool? Hopefully you can see how dumb your posts about this are and you will just get over it. It only plays well in that fringe white nationalists group that you’re not a part of.

To be fair, that is highly edited. Trump praised Walz for finally calling out the guard.

The fact is that Walz sat on his hands for 48 hours while his city was burned and looted by the worst of the worst.
To be fair , Orange Jesus ask his defense secretary if he could just shoot protesters in the legs. You know just to be fair.

At some point, she needs to lay out her policies and goals. What will she do about immigration, what will she do about the economy, what will she do about Ukraine and the Middle East? She has a history of being more of a protectionist than Biden, she voted against the US-Canda-Mexico Trade Agreement. What does that mean for her policies going forward?

I cannot answer what I think of her until I know what she wants to do.
And why haven’t your questions been answered? Shouldn’t a person have core beliefs? She should have put those out within the first week she was anointed.

And why haven’t your questions been answered? Shouldn’t a person have core beliefs? She should have put those out within the first week she was anointed.

Some of us have WAY too many core beliefs. Look at the 10,000 things people here are unwilling to compromise in any way on, my way or you are a communist/Nazi.

I think to an extent the role of a representative is to represent them to mix their personal judgement in. If I were to represent the people of LA, I would decide to support many different things than if I were representing southern Indiana. The people I represent deserve to have their voices heard. There are areas where I might have to use personal judgement because it violates a core belief or clearly the majority aren't really informed. But there still would be huge differences.

Reactions: Digressions
Oh, after you said I was "untouchable" for insulting Mo after he insulted me, I left for two weeks. Didn't cry to Mc, just moved myself to the penalty box.
I would be fine trying to stop all personal insults.

FWIW you’re one of the best posters on here. Before I commented I should have researched and noticed you had been insulted. My beef was with Mark & Goat not you. I apologize.

I actually believe that you can’t tell if it’s real or not, but anyone with a room temperature IQ could.
Well that excludes the followers of Orange Jesus. They will be posting this everywhere. It will probably end up on Fox too.

Well that excludes the followers of Orange Jesus. They will be posting this everywhere. It will probably end up on Fox too.
I have no doubt that Dbm already believes it's true. He has unquestioning faith.

African-Americans consider her one of their own. They’re going to vote for her. They don’t GAF what you, me, Trump, or anyone else thinks she is. Pretty simple.
It sounds like you think African Americans are going to vote for Harris because they think of her as also African American.

Is that right?

It sounds like you think African Americans are going to vote for Harris because they think of her as also African American.

Is that right?
All this talk about Jamala’s heritage and no one questioning JD’s? Call me flabbergasted. I just saw a photo of him at his wedding. He’s got a red dot 🔴 in the center of his forehead. Could it be he’s hiding his Indian heritage because it will hurt him politically? I think a full investigation is warranted to determine if he is really an American citizen or if there is something nefarious going on. We the people deserve answers.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
He had 2 Black Jamaican grandmothers. One of them (not sure which one) had a female ancestor who was raped by a notorious Irish slaveholder. Btw, some of the slave trade from Africa sold slaves in Jamaica and thruout the Carribean, not just the US...And masters often raped slaves (their property) in all of those slave holding colonies, not just the US...
Yeah, I know.

Cats are great by the way. I’ve never met a person who said they hated them, got one (usually through wife), who didn’t later end up loving them.

Like dogs, though, gotta make sure it’s raised correctly.
I'm not gonna lie. Wife and I have 5. Didn't pick a damn one. They just show up and won't leave.

I love them though. Bill Goldberg is a cat guy so that's how I justify it.

Reactions: BradStevens
I'm not gonna lie. Wife and I have 5. Didn't pick a damn one. They just show up and won't leave.

I love them though. Bill Goldberg is a cat guy so that's how I justify it.
5 dogs here. Had 3 a year ago but my Maltepoo died. Two days later my wife shows up with two puppies. I asked her whose dogs were they. She said yours. I said no really whose dogs are they. She said she got them for me because I was so down about losing my Maltepoo. So suddenly we have 4. But then Oscar did the nasty with our two females and we got 3 more. Our granddaughters took 2 back to Indiana with them a couple of weeks ago. So now at 5. Looking to go to 4.

No you posted more derangement from Megan Kelly who didn't even acknowledge that Trump was lying about the timeline. Doesn't matter, Trumpers are always going to believe Trump's lies...
Trump clearly says on the audio you waited too long to send in the guard and even if Trump was being dishonest about his personal pleas to send in the guard the mayor and police chief were pleading with Walz to in the days before. And he sat there twiddling his thumbs because he’s absolutely worthless. A police precinct needed to burn down before he’d do anything. He completely and utterly failed. There is no universe in which Walz’s reaction to the riot was not a travesty.

And you come here and defend him like a stupid partisan cuck. What is your malfunction?

Trump clearly says on the audio you waited too long to send in the guard and even if Trump was being dishonest about his personal pleas to send in the guard the mayor and police chief were pleading with Walz to in the days before. And he sat there twiddling his thumbs because he’s absolutely worthless. A police precinct needed to burn down before he’d do anything. He completely and utterly failed. There is no universe in which Walz’s reaction to the riot was not a travesty.

And you come here and defend him like a stupid partisan cuck. What is your malfunction?
Actually his angst over sending in the NG was because after spending 24 yrs in the NG himself he thought their mission was to help fellow Americans not choose sides and confront them on the streets, like say Kent State. Having been 17 himself when he joined the NG he knew exactly how 17 and 18 year olds are capapble of responding to stress and crisis. The last thing he wanted was a situation where a young Guardsman killed someone, his life was ruined and the rep of the NG was tainted.

Btw, who is to say if Trump's response was the proper choice or not? Hell he wanted to shoot people in the leg, although I don't recall him making that suggestion as a way of dealingl with the rioters of Jan 6. My point and ultimately the reason this line of attack is another loser for Trump is because it's another example of him trying to revise history and attack an opponent with a false narrative after the fact...It will only resonate with the stupids. Make of that what you will...

I'll just make it easy for you. If this country is stupid enough to elect a lying conman,fraudster, and convicted felon I'll disappear from this site and you can spew your nonsense without anyone bothering to fact check. However, if as I believe the Dems end up being elected, then you can take all of your phony personnas and childish trolling and leave us in piece.

Deal?

Actually his angst over sending in the NG was because after spending 24 yrs in the NG himself he thought their mission was to help fellow Americans not choose sides and confront them on the streets, like say Kent State. Having been 17 himself when he joined the NG he knew exactly how 17 and 18 year olds are capapble of responding to stress and crisis. The last thing he wanted was a situation where a young Guardsman killed someone, his life was ruined and the rep of the NG was tainted.

Btw, who is to say if Trump's response was the proper choice or not? Hell he wanted to shoot people in the leg, although I don't recall him making that suggestion as a way of dealingl with the rioters of Jan 6. My point and ultimately the reason this line of attack is another loser for Trump is because it's another example of him trying to revise history and attack an opponent with a false narrative after the fact...It will only resonate with the stupids. Make of that what you will...

I'll just make it easy for you. If this country is stupid enough to elect a lying conman,fraudster, and convicted felon I'll disappear from this site and you can spew your nonsense without anyone bothering to fact check. However, if as I believe the Dems end up being elected, then you can take all of your phony personnas and childish trolling and leave us in piece.

Deal?
I will leave you in piece. You deserve a beating as Mcm would say but I won’t be the one to give it regardless of who wins.

It’s not a false narrative. Walz failed. Like he failed the troops under his command when they were ready to ship off to Iraq. He doesn’t do well under stress or crisis. He’s better at blabbering about trans kids.

Deal?
You forgot to mention that private bone spurs has daddy pay a doctor to create bone spurs so he could completely avoid military service. Oh and when asked he couldn’t remember which foot they were in. And yet the cultists go after a guy who served his country honorably for 24 years. He retired 2 months before his former unit was notified they were being deployed. But of course he instinctively knew they were getting deployed so he abandoned them. I’d bet lots of the Orange Jesus worshippers on this site never served a day in the military. But they’ll sure denigrate a guy who did and conviently forget private bone spurs military avoidance.

I will leave you in piece. You deserve a beating as Mcm would say but I won’t be the one to give it regardless of who wins.

It’s not a false narrative. Walz failed. Like he failed the troops under his command when they were ready to ship off to Iraq. He doesn’t do well under stress or crisis. He’s better at blabbering about trans kids.
It would be nice if you non-military types knew something about the military. Command Sergeant Majors, Command Master Chiefs in the Navy, are not in command. They’re not even in the chain of command. They are the Commanding Officer’s senior enlisted advisor. Sure, they have influence on the CO but they don’t give orders. Now that I’ve read all the details of his retirement I see absolutely nothing of concern about it. I’d have no issue with it he were my Command Master Chief. I’ve seen them transfer or retire in the middle of a deployment. Same with other senior officers and enlisted. I transferred from my second ship three months into Desert Shield, while in the Gulf, because my term was up. Next guy was up. It happens. It’s a nothing burger.

It would be nice if you non-military types knew something about the military. Command Sergeant Majors, Command Master Chiefs in the Navy, are not in command. They’re not even in the chain of command. They are the Commanding Officer’s senior enlisted advisor. Sure, they have influence on the CO but they don’t give orders. Now that I’ve read all the details of his retirement I see absolutely nothing of concern about it. I’d have no issue with it he were my Command Master Chief. I’ve seen them transfer or retire in the middle of a deployment. Same with other senior officers and enlisted. I transferred from my second ship three months into Desert Shield, while in the Gulf, because my term was up. Next guy was up. It happens. It’s a nothing burger.

It's not a "nothing burger" to these folks:

You didn't just bug out completely when you changed ships...(you didn't bug out at all)... Walz left because he knew he had the potential of actually seeing combat...

Last edited:
It's not a "nothing burger" to these folks:

What that is is sad. It really is. People are saying the opposite, and they’re right because I have personal similar experience. Politics is so ridiculous these days.

I called my Chaplain on my last ship, Battle Chaps and he loved that nickname. Good dude. Exactly the kind of guy I liked to have as the Chaps. Took care of all the guys, regardless of religion. He was a Catholic, I think.

Reactions: Digressions
They are trying the swift boat tactic again. Same guy who instigated it against Kerry is doing it for Vance. Notice private bone spurs isn’t saying anything. Problem for them is that this is 2024 not 2004. It won’t work again.

They are trying the swift boat tactic again. Same guy who instigated it against Kerry is doing it for Vance. Notice private bone spurs isn’t saying anything. Problem for them is that this is 2024 not 2004. It won’t work again.
The Swift Boat thing was way more complicated and consequential, and there were truthful aspects to it. He did leave command after four months, IIRC (actual command - Walz did not have command), after his third superficial wound. Yes, they were all wounds deserving a Purple Heart each, but they were all very minor. This issue is far simpler and so far as I can tell, little truth to it. He retired, as is very common after 24 years of service.

Are you OK with that? That people are voting for her just because she is black?

I look forward to the day that is no longer true.
African Americans vote for the Dem candidate anyway, for the most part. An AA candidate just helps with turnout. I think a small segment vote for an AA candidate only because of race. It’s a pride thing and it should help with getting to the day it’s no longer true. We’ve now had 2 of the last 3 Dem presidential candidates being AA. I suspect it will no longer be a thing going forward, whether Harris wins or loses. JMO

The Swift Boat thing was way more complicated and consequential, and there were truthful aspects to it. He did leave command after four months, IIRC (actual command - Walz did not have command), after his third superficial wound. Yes, they were all wounds deserving a Purple Heart each, but they were all very minor. This issue is far simpler and so far as I can tell, little truth to it. He retired, as is very common after 24 years of service.

As soon as he realized he was going to be deployed to an Active On the Ground Combat Zone he bugged out... Those are the Facts as the guys he actually served with see it... Why you would dispute what the other NCO's who served with him are saying is simply hard to understand...

African Americans vote for the Dem candidate anyway, for the most part. An AA candidate just helps with turnout. I think a small segment vote for an AA candidate only because of race. It’s a pride thing and it should help with getting to the day it’s no longer true. We’ve now had 2 of the last 3 Dem presidential candidates being AA. I suspect it will no longer be a thing going forward, whether Harris wins or loses. JMO
I think you are wrong. It will continue to be a thing going forward. And you don’t think this happens with white candidates especially in the south.

Reactions: Morrison
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT