ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris booked exclusive interview with Brett Baier on Fox

Trump is more radical left when it comes to Tariffs. Even Woodrow Wilson would be like "dude slow down". Certainly not the party of Reagan anymore that's for sure.
Ironically enough, back in the latter 19th and early 20th century, the Republicans tended to be the more protectionist of the two parties. The infamous Messrs. Hawley and Smoot were both Republicans.

So, in some sense, they've returned to their roots.

Ironically enough, back in the latter 19th and early 20th century, the Republicans tended to be the more protectionist of the two parties. The infamous Messrs. Hawley and Smoot were both Republicans.

So, in some sense, they've returned to their roots.
Republicans broadly agree that illegal immigration is undermining American labor. That scapegoat is papering over some real schisms in the party wrt to trade policy.

There are those that take a more nuanced view like Vivek that we need to re-shore, near shore or form new trade partnerships with vital industries like prescription drugs and defense. That tariffs should be used as a point of leverage. Especially wrt to China.

There are other more absolutists like Trump (even Vance sounds this way unfortunately) who believe manufacturing any and everything in the U.S. for higher prices is an absolute good. That well paying, low skill jobs should be the goal in and of itself.

The absolutist view is stupid and hopefully gets tempered greatly should Trump win.

Reactions: crazed_hoosier2
Republicans broadly agree that illegal immigration is undermining American labor. That scapegoat is papering over some real schisms in the party wrt to trade policy.

There are those that take a more nuanced view like Vivek that we need to re-shore, near shore or form new trade partnerships with vital industries like prescription drugs and defense. That tariffs should be used as a point of leverage. Especially wrt to China.

There are other more absolutists like Trump (even Vance sounds this way unfortunately) who believe manufacturing any and everything in the U.S. for higher prices is an absolute good. That well paying, low skill jobs should be the goal in and of itself.

The absolutist view is stupid and hopefully gets tempered greatly should Trump win.
I have a lot of agreement with this. But I’m even wary of using the threat of tariffs as leverage. That said, I also realize that the world runs on leverage and we do have to use what leverage we do have.

5 years of no inflation will not get the Big Mac meal back under $10.00.

If you are paying $10 for a Big Mac Meal then I'd guess you are either in an airport or in Manhattan.

$9.19 today, in one of the most expensive areas in Florida (Jupiter). I haven't bought a Big Mac in a decade (I'm no roly poly McMurt type) but I had to verify the claim and I picked up a Filet O Fish for my trouble. Kind of meh.

Pic is regular pricing, not a sale. Today, 10/18/2024, at 1PM.

• Haha
Reactions: hookyIU1990
If you are paying $10 for a Big Mac Meal then I'd guess you are either in an airport or in Manhattan.

$9.19 today, in one of the most expensive areas in Florida (Jupiter). I haven't bought a Big Mac in a decade (I'm no roly poly McMurt type) but I had to verify the claim and I picked up a Filet O Fish for my trouble. Kind of meh.

Pic is regular pricing, not a sale. Today, 10/18/2024, at 1PM.

You saved the 200 calories and went with the healthy choice, eh?

Thanks for your service and sacrifice.

You saved the 200 calories and went with the healthy choice, eh?

Thanks for your service and sacrifice.
No fries with my FoF, so I saved more than that. But the bun is still too sweet. Like Wonder bread. And the amount of tartar sauce is a bit much.

I think i'll skip another 10 years before going back

No fries with my FoF, so I saved more than that. But the bun is still too sweet. Like Wonder bread. And the amount of tartar sauce is a bit much.

I think i'll skip another 10 years before going back
The 200 calories is just the difference between the sandwiches. 210 actually, according to their website.

Not a fan of Mickey D's, but when the soft drinks were $1 for any size I'd stop and get an unsweetened ice tea for a buck. Had to go in though and steal it by ordering a large coke and filling it with tea instead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT