ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris booked exclusive interview with Brett Baier on Fox

I just watched Harris being interviewed by Bair. Holy shit. What the **** is there to vote for?

All the Republicans who are now voting for her are frauds. All the Democrats voting for her are blind partisans.

I guess Trump is the least wrecked train in the yard. Sad.

We wonder why voter turnout is so low. Who thinks either of these 2 tickets is representative of our best and brightest?

• Haha
Reactions: mrhighlife
I just watched Harris being interviewed by Bair. Holy shit. What the **** is there to vote for?

All the Republicans who are now voting for her are frauds. All the Democrats voting for her are blind partisans.

I guess Trump is the least wrecked train in the yard. Sad.

We wonder why voter turnout is so low. Who thinks either of these 2 tickets is representative of our best and brightest?
Sorry, hooky. You're not looking out a window. You're looking in a mirror. If that's what you think you saw, the blind partisan is you.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Ok. Of course we all have opinions. And we have debates all the time about those opinions in hoping to convince others to re-think theirs. It's a forum to discuss.

I see you have no interest in discussing whether our potential president engaged on a cover up for our current president who is on mental decline and is supposedly running and protecting the country.

No worries. Have a good night.
You guys will be having this conversation even sooner when Trump wins. Guy is in a mental freefall. Sure he attends events. But he is incapable of thoughtful answers on policy.

Both his debates were awful. Biden simply was worse the first time. How long will JD cover for Trump in office? Before his term is up he is likely to be a drooling fool.

You guys will be having this conversation even sooner when Trump wins. Guy is in a mental freefall. Sure he attends events. But he is incapable of thoughtful answers on policy.

Both his debates were awful. Biden simply was worse the first time. How long will JD cover for Trump in office? Before his term is up he is likely to be a drooling fool.

You'll get no argument from me. He word salads as well.

But the issue we were discussing was Kamala's judgement in covering up Biden's mental decline.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I'm curious - why do you think 2.4% inflation is one of our biggest problems? Do you think higher inflation is going to return and the next President is going to have to deal with it? Do you think that inflation is always one of our biggest problems?

CPI over the last four years coming out of the pandemic has been a problem, but that's a problem looking backward, not forward. It seems like we've gotten inflation to a manageable spot without causing massive job loss or deflation, which was a significant concern. Overall economic growth remains okay and unemployment is still in a pretty good place.

There are lots of problems to consider, so I'm wondering why you think inflation is currently one of our biggest.
Because things I want to buy cost so much more now, it's impacting me. Most people use the term as including a current high cost of living in relation to their own wealth/income. That's how I'm using it, too.

I am not alone:

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Because things I want to buy cost so much more now, it's impacting me. Most people use the term as including a current high cost of living in relation to their own wealth/income. That's how I'm using it, too.

I am not alone:

Yeah, you guys are talking about 2 different things.

As hoosboot says, the rate of inflation is back down much closer to target. But, as you say, the inflation happened and people don’t just adjust to the new normal overnight. It’s…the hurricane and the aftermath.

I am not alone:

Why choose inflation when we can choose deflation?

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Why choose inflation when we can choose deflation?

Mario knew
images

I am not alone:

Is that because of the current 2.4% inflation, or the previous much worse inflation.

2.4% is .4% over the fed goal. Not great, but in the ballpark.

I admit my inflation odometer is off. I was raised in a multi-generational house. My grandparents in the 60s always complained about the cost of things. They recalled when they could buy a gallon of milk for a nickel. This led me to a "that's what old people do" belief: They complain things don't cost what they did 50 years ago.

We have a price point in our mind, even if we have 5 years of no inflation we are going to recall the days we could get the Big Mac combo for under $10. It is etched.

I also know this is has a massive variability, but from Statistica:

In August 2024, inflation amounted to 2.5 percent, while wages grew by 4.6 percent. The inflation rate has not exceeded the rate of wage growth since January 2023.​
Bolding is theirs. That is wage growth, so it is at least people working and not a generic income which would include the investor class. So some people are doing better, and some are doing worse. That is pretty standard in recoveries. But 18 months of wages outpacing inflation is pretty good. You can see the chart at the link, overall wages have largely done a good amount better than inflation.

And yes, that is going to be uneven. To be honest, my wages sure aren't doing better than inflation. Some people are doing quite well, many of them working class. UPS drivers, and longshoremen will be soon, travel nurses, and UAW workers. Those aren't CEOs.

And the hardest hit will be people on fixed income, as social security may go up but if they have an investment they draw from to supplement, it isn't like they can raise it from a 4% withdraw to a 7% and hope to have it last.

Getting it back under 2% is important. But the inflation people are mad at is not the .4% over. That adds 4 cents to a $10.00 Big Mac combo meal. It is the inflation that was 8%. Our view of inflation is a lagging indicator.

Is that because of the current 2.4% inflation, or the previous much worse inflation.

2.4% is .4% over the fed goal. Not great, but in the ballpark.

I admit my inflation odometer is off. I was raised in a multi-generational house. My grandparents in the 60s always complained about the cost of things. They recalled when they could buy a gallon of milk for a nickel. This led me to a "that's what old people do" belief: They complain things don't cost what they did 50 years ago.

We have a price point in our mind, even if we have 5 years of no inflation we are going to recall the days we could get the Big Mac combo for under $10. It is etched.

I also know this is has a massive variability, but from Statistica:

In August 2024, inflation amounted to 2.5 percent, while wages grew by 4.6 percent. The inflation rate has not exceeded the rate of wage growth since January 2023.​
Bolding is theirs. That is wage growth, so it is at least people working and not a generic income which would include the investor class. So some people are doing better, and some are doing worse. That is pretty standard in recoveries. But 18 months of wages outpacing inflation is pretty good. You can see the chart at the link, overall wages have largely done a good amount better than inflation.

And yes, that is going to be uneven. To be honest, my wages sure aren't doing better than inflation. Some people are doing quite well, many of them working class. UPS drivers, and longshoremen will be soon, travel nurses, and UAW workers. Those aren't CEOs.

And the hardest hit will be people on fixed income, as social security may go up but if they have an investment they draw from to supplement, it isn't like they can raise it from a 4% withdraw to a 7% and hope to have it last.

Getting it back under 2% is important. But the inflation people are mad at is not the .4% over. That adds 4 cents to a $10.00 Big Mac combo meal. It is the inflation that was 8%. Our view of inflation is a lagging indicator.
Inflation rate today is fine. Prices went up 20 percent under Biden. At one point it marked a 41 year high. So while inflation leveled off prices remain elevated. That’s why people say inflation and the economy is the number one issue. They don’t care what some ws economist tells them. They know prices of a bag of chips or car insurance or whatever skyrocketed and they feel it in their weekly budget

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT