ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris booked exclusive interview with Brett Baier on Fox

So, if the Dems end up with a trifecta, you think they’ll eliminate the filibuster, pass a bill expanding the court with 50-51 votes in the Senate, and the bill will be signed by President Harris?

The CW in the 2021-22 Congress was that Manchin and Sinema weren’t on board with the idea (or, for that matter, for nixing the filibuster to do that or anything else). But I always suspected there were some other Dems who opposed the idea, but just didn’t say so for fear of blowback from the left.

Here’s a question: would Republicans get out ahead of the Dems by doing this if they ended up with a trifecta?

I sure hope not. Elected officials of both parties need to stop moving the norms goalposts.
McConnell would not. It remains to be seen if his replacement would. I doubt it. Republicans rarely break norms unless Democrat's break them first. Ie filibuster for judicial nominees.

I am open to your idea that other Dems with reservations were effectively hiding behind Sinema and Manchin. I still don't want to put the theory to the test.

Yes, I would like to see how you would react if someone took a shot at you and you came close to dying. Seriously Goat, would you get up and tell the crowd to fight fight fight?
it was an act of heroism we haven't seen in quite some time. trump made us all proud to be americans. impossible not to believe that he didn't find that strength through god.

• Love
Reactions: VanPastorMan
Reactions: UncleMark
I think this would be a huge net positive for Harris to do well on Rogen's podcast. I'd also like to see Trump blather on for the usual 2 1/2 - 3 hours Rogen's podcasts usually last. There is zero chance Trump gets through something that long (and live) without saying something insanely stupid.
trump and rogan have a ton in common. trump would kill it on rogan. as for harris she won't be on that long. zero chance. hour max.

she's just incredibly bad. inflation. i was born middle class. she rehearsed a vapid, canned script that she won't deviate from. when she isn't talking about that stuff she's likable and funny. she'd be a good guest if he talked about montel and all those years. but politics i put my fingers in my ears. i just cannot stand to hear the stupidity. as i said if she and walz who i like even less win i'll sign off the board and tune out of politics completely

trump and rogan have a ton in common. trump would kill it on rogan. as for harris she won't be on that long. zero chance. hour max.

she's just incredibly bad. inflation. i was born middle class. she rehearsed a vapid, canned script that she won't deviate from. when she isn't talking about that stuff she's likable and funny. she'd be a good guest if he talked about montel and all those years. but politics i put my fingers in my ears. i just cannot stand to hear the stupidity. as i said if she and walz who i like even less win i'll sign off the board and tune out of politics completely
I don't think either would do well on Rogan. First, Rogan is an excellent bullshit detector and Trump expels as much bullshit as he does Co2. Rogan is already pre-disposed to not like Harris and she is also FOS. Neither are detail oriented enough to fill 2+ hours worth of air time. I suppose Trump could get on and talk about MMA and their mutual friends for a long time but Rogan is going to want intricate detail of what it's like to be President which Trump will not afford.

I think this would be a huge net positive for Harris to do well on Rogen's podcast. I'd also like to see Trump blather on for the usual 2 1/2 - 3 hours Rogen's podcasts usually last. There is zero chance Trump gets through something that long (and live) without saying something insanely stupid.
I think the risk/reward is much greater for her. She should definitely do it if asked. I don't think it would either hurt or help Trump as much.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I don't think either would do well on Rogan. First, Rogan is an excellent bullshit detector and Trump expels as much bullshit as he does Co2. Rogan is already pre-disposed to not like Harris and she is also FOS. Neither are detail oriented enough to fill 2+ hours worth of air time. I suppose Trump could get on and talk about MMA and their mutual friends for a long time but Rogan is going to want intricate detail of what it's like to be President which Trump will not afford.
I think both campaigns would have too many rules and ask that would turn Rogan off. I doubt either go on JRE.

Personally, I think Trump on Rogan would go similarly to how it went down last week on the Flagrant podcast, where they gave him enough room to ramble on and they openly laughed in his face.

It's almost sad how confused and bewildered he has become. He was trying to call himself a genius and didn't get that they were making fun of him.

Reactions: Bowlmania
All they are gonna talk about is making weed legal federally. Harris is losing black men as voters and is talking about week legalization because that is what she thinks of them. I see black men as strong and are finally waking up that the Democrat party just uses them.

I think both campaigns would have too many rules and ask that would turn Rogan off. I doubt either go on JRE.
I do think if one goes on, the other will. I also think Trump believes Rogan is more of an ally than he actually is. Any pushback from Rogan will result in Trump truth-socialing about how much of an unfunny and bad podcaster he is. It's his MO.

You're a pastor and shouldn't be doing drugs. You'd have to be on drugs to not notice that whining is something Trump does constantly. He's a huge whiner. It's unseemly.
Just answer my question. I was asking if you were talking about when he entered politics or were you talking about him since he entered the entertainment industry. The only drugs I take are for cholesterol and blood pressure.

All they are gonna talk about is making weed legal federally. Harris is losing black men as voters and is talking about week legalization because that is what she thinks of them. I see black men as strong and are finally waking up that the Democrat party just uses them.
Maybe you think black men are strong, but your hero thinks he earned street cred with the black community because he's been indicted and has a mug shot.

Personally, I think Trump on Rogan would go similarly to how it went down last week on the Flagrant podcast, where they gave him enough room to ramble on and they openly laughed in his face.

It's almost sad how confused and bewildered he has become. He was trying to call himself a genius and didn't get that they were making fun of him.
They were laughing with him, not at him.

He had more events than Kamala and she hid Biden's condition from the country. It's a desperate move by her to bring this up.
Biden was never any worse than Trump when it came to cognitive decline. And Biden didn't foment an insurrection. Any MAGA folks trying to claim Dems "hid something" need to look at the con man fraudster they nominated in 2016.2020 and now again in 2024...

Biden is still capable of running the country. He just wasn't up to the rigors of a campaign. That was the main takeaway from the first debate...

Yeah the guy who was shot and gets up yelling, "fight fight fight". He is a real whiner. Realistically how would Harris have responded if she was grazed on the ear?
Hey Van, which of the two do you imagine has had to deal with more discrimination and prejudice in their lives? Kamala was bussed to grade school - ya think she maybe heard the N word or was threatened?

My guess is Kamala is far tougher than you'd ever believe...

Just answer my question. I was asking if you were talking about when he entered politics or were you talking about him since he entered the entertainment industry. The only drugs I take are for cholesterol and blood pressure.
You’re high now, aren’t you? I very clearly included his time as President. He’s constantly whining. That’s a Trump/MAGA thing, not a traditional Republican thing.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
Did you watch? Trump nailed that appearance. Was just shooting the shit with the guys. He came off really well.
He came off well in parts, but the consensus is that they probably didn't change their minds about him rambling and that he was full of crap on that 'weaving' answer.

He came off well in parts, but the consensus is that they probably didn't change their minds about him rambling and that he was full of crap on that 'weaving' answer.
Consensus is that he was great, sharp and that they wish they had him for more time. At least according to the hosts.

The weave answer was an excellent response to accusations around his recent rambling.

Biden was never any worse than Trump when it came to cognitive decline. And Biden didn't foment an insurrection. Any MAGA folks trying to claim Dems "hid something" need to look at the con man fraudster they nominated in 2016.2020 and now again in 2024...

Biden is still capable of running the country. He just wasn't up to the rigors of a campaign. That was the main takeaway from the first debate...
Personally, I don’t perceive a great deal of difference between the Trump I see today and the Trump I saw in 2016. He’s always been the same self-absorbed blowhard who has a much higher opinion of himself than he ought to, says screwy things, has screwy ideas, etc.

The issue with Biden was the contrast between how he came across the past couple years and how he came across throughout his many decades in public life.

Watch an old video of him - even just from when he was VP. The difference is pretty striking, to me at least.

Consensus is that he was great, sharp and that they wish they had him for more time. At least according to the hosts.

The weave answer was an excellent response to accusations around his recent rambling.
Well I guess if you believe the weave, you'll swallow anything...

Can you explain how he "weaved" from Valley Forge, to the Continetal Army taking over all the airports, forward to the War of 1812? I'm surprised he didn't mention helicopters full of British troops firing SAMs over Fort McHenry while Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner...

And any of the MAGA types who claim that isn't cognitive decline are hypocritical liars. We know that because it was the subject of much derision when the story circulated among MAGA world that it was something Biden said...It was even on Rogan...Of course when they found out it was actually Trump-crickets...

Trump could possibly get Rogan down a rabbit hole that didn't include politics or relate those things (MMA and others) to his political agenda and be fine. Rogan would (if allowed) destroy her, this like putting me in the ring with Mike Tyson back in the early 90's it would be over in seconds.

When all anyone can say to defend their stance on why they would vote for her is because Trump is a bad man, an narcist or a bully then the debate is over. People should not go in and vote for someone to be friends with, go in and vote for the best candidate and of the two she is running a distant second.

Well I guess if you believe the weave, you'll swallow anything...

Can you explain how he "weaved" from Valley Forge, to the Continetal Army taking over all the airports, forward to the War of 1812? I'm surprised he didn't mention helicopters full of British troops firing SAMs over Fort McHenry while Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner...

And any of the MAGA types who claim that isn't cognitive decline are hypocritical liars. We know that because it was the subject of much derision when the story circulated among MAGA world that it was something Biden said...It was even on Rogan...Of course when they found out it was actually Trump-crickets...
I’m not saying he doesn’t ramble and digress. But he did an effective job with his weaving explanation. It was quite entertaining.

Trump could possibly get Rogan down a rabbit hole that didn't include politics or relate those things (MMA and others) to his political agenda and be fine. Rogan would (if allowed) destroy her, this like putting me in the ring with Mike Tyson back in the early 90's it would be over in seconds.

When all anyone can say to defend their stance on why they would vote for her is because Trump is a bad man, an narcist or a bully then the debate is over. People should not go in and vote for someone to be friends with, go in and vote for the best candidate and of the two she is running a distant second.
The narrative that Kamala Harris would get walked all over is sort of crazy to me. Over the last few months especially, she's done well in everything I've seen her in. The idea that Trump is some master orator who 'weaves' when he talks and that a former prosecutor, California DA, US Senator and sitting Vice President would trip up at the first instance of a podcast interview is beyond bonkers.

Reactions: larsIU

'Weaving' is such a load of sh!t. He rambles all the time and when he started to repeatedly get called out for it he made up story of some English professor telling him he's actually a genius for rambling by calling it 'weaving.'

Reactions: Bowlmania
'Weaving' is such a load of sh!t. He rambles all the time and when he started to repeatedly get called out for it he made up story of some English professor telling him he's actually a genius for rambling by calling it 'weaving.'
I would advise you to take Trump seriously, but not literally. That's what those of us who aren't paranoid schizophrenic's have learned to do throughout his time in politics.

It will cause you much less heart burn and you won't find yourself on message boards having temper tantrums about "Weaving".

I would advise you to take Trump seriously, but not literally. That's what those of us who aren't paranoid schizophrenic's have learned to do throughout his time in politics.

It will cause you much less heart burn and you won't find yourself on message boards having temper tantrums about "Weaving".
So you’re saying he’s a serious liar. Concur.

It's not so much about Trump. I know he's an idiot. I'm more incredulous about the fact that otherwise smart people show themselves to also be idiots by defending things he says and does like claiming he's 'weaving' when he's just pulling stuff out of his ass.

Trust me, I don't lose sleep over it. I'm just surprised by how easy it is to dupe so many people with BS like that.

The narrative that Kamala Harris would get walked all over is sort of crazy to me. Over the last few months especially, she's done well in everything I've seen her in. The idea that Trump is some master orator who 'weaves' when he talks and that a former prosecutor, California DA, US Senator and sitting Vice President would trip up at the first instance of a podcast interview is beyond bonkers.
Unlike Angel Reece Kamala can hit layups, put her on the 3 point line and I believe she throws up air balls. I don't think Trump is a master of anything especially orator I just think in a setting with Rogan he would do much better than Harris.

Trump ran the country for 4 year and IMO it went well, he has stiffer stances on things I feel are important and he is not a "worry about your feelings" kind of guy.

So you’re saying he’s a serious liar. Concur.
He speaks in grandiosities. So rather than fact checking whether his inauguration crowd or election victory were truly the “largest ever” or trying to parse the difference between a weave and a ramble, just accept that fact.

You don’t have to vote for him or like it. But when “fact checkers” will tell us he told 1,000,000,000 lies during his administration and when you look under the hood and it turns out most of the “lies” are things like

“There were no wars when I was president” or

“we had the greatest economy anyone had ever seen”

it just makes his detractors appear like obsessed, pedantic losers.

Unlike Angel Reece Kamala can hit layups, put her on the 3 point line and I believe she throws up air balls. I don't think Trump is a master of anything especially orator I just think in a setting with Rogan he would do much better than Harris.

Trump ran the country for 4 year and IMO it went well, he has stiffer stances on things I feel are important and he is not a "worry about your feelings" kind of guy.
She was pretty good on Charlemagne's podcast.

Last edited:
He speaks in grandiosities. So rather than fact checking whether his inauguration crowd or election victory were truly the “largest ever” or trying to parse the difference between a weave and a ramble, just accept that fact.

You don’t have to vote for him or like it. But when “fact checkers” will tell us he told 1,000,000,000 lies during his administration and when you look under the hood and it turns out most of the “lies” are things like

“There were no wars when I was president” or

“we had the greatest economy anyone had ever seen”

it just makes his detractors appear like obsessed, pedantic losers.
Those are two really stupid and blatant lies though. The reason he says them is he is either stupid and believes them himself or he knows others are stupid and will believe them. I'm betting both.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT