ADVERTISEMENT

Just so sad how far this program has fallen.

Players seem to have no Pride is being the best they can be. No killer instinct, no accountability held between the team. Just go through the motions with very little pride.
Well that's on the kids .And the world we have now.
I'm from Knight's early yrs..But it's 2023 and then there's NIL..
I just watch try to enjoy and move on
No use to flip out on avge teams anymore..

I'm from Knight's early yrs..But it's 2023 and then there's NIL..
I just watch try to enjoy and move on
No use to flip out on avge teams anymore..

Blaming kids is so weak. Talk about passing the buck.

We raised them. And who raised us?

I'm sure in any other area, personal accountability is a big deal to you. lol

“The world we have now” is a tiresome turrets type response.
We’re soft, the kids today, the world has changed etc. yawn.
Since the beginning of time some teams/kids have played hard while others haven’t.
Unfortunately, so far, this team isn’t playing with purpose/focus/tenacity.

If you want to join the cry baby, mambi pambies go ahead. I am enjoying watching this team play and grow.
Not crying. Just pointing out that you're bragging about beating one terrible team and two nobodies.

And now go back and look at how many teams have struggled against early easy competition but ended up being a good team.
It's possible. Every team and coach are different. We have a small body of work with Woodson, so I'll give you that. But personally, I'm seeing a team that is looking for answers right now against the weakest competition they will see.

Reactions: BigMobe and Beorik
If you want to join the cry baby, mambi pambies go ahead. I am enjoying watching this team play and grow.

That's the key phrase. Woodie is putting pieces together. This is only the 5 real game they have played together EVER.
I see progression from the last game.
Like he said they need to put all the pieces from the various games together to get the bball that he wants to see.

That's the key phrase. Woodie is putting pieces together. This is only the 5 real game they have played together EVER.
I see progression from the last game.
Like he said they need to put all the pieces from the various games together to get the bball that he wants to see.
Last nights performance doesn’t beat anyone in the BIG

Reactions: Mr.IU
This is an IU problem, not a generational one. The top teams have kids who play hard and smart.
IU is not a smart basketball IQ team this year.A lack of leadership by Galloway[who has stood around on O many times and been burnt by average players on D] and Johnson who makes mistakes even though he has tons of experience[Woody gets on him losing ball out of bounds on lay-up and he follows it with yet another turnover layup] The guard play is terrible and the frosh Mgbako looks lost on D out there. I thought maybe he was building confidence in his shot but ended up 1-7 on 3 pointers last night. Gunn looked like he was trying to play hard.Sparks and Banks are awful free throw shooters. In a close game, teams are gonna foul them if they are in the game.TJD kept everything cohesive last year. That is sorely missed this year even though X and Trey started last year and should be leaders. I commend Ware and Reneau on their focus. Not much else out there but them.

I'm not too surprised. And I'm encouraged that we showed for most of the first half last night we can be pretty good, including our bench. Then we relaxed. The UCONN game is just what we need right now, a team we know we can't relax against.
Yes and no…we have played very poor competition and have looked solid on offense at times but terrible in other aspects.
FT shooting, perimeter defense and perimeter scoring are major concerns so far. I love our length and depth but they have to figure out to play as a team. Ware is cleaning up and covering for a lot of missed shots and bad defense.

Indiana didn't look very good last year in January but Woody got it turned around despite a lot of injuries and the Hoosiers finished strong. Woody will get it rectified.

IU is not a smart basketball IQ team this year.A lack of leadership by Galloway[who has stood around on O many times and been burnt by average players on D] and Johnson who makes mistakes even though he has tons of experience[Woody gets on him losing ball out of bounds on lay-up and he follows it with yet another turnover layup] The guard play is terrible and the frosh Mgbako looks lost on D out there. I thought maybe he was building confidence in his shot but ended up 1-7 on 3 pointers last night. Gunn looked like he was trying to play hard.Sparks and Banks are awful free throw shooters. In a close game, teams are gonna foul them if they are in the game.TJD kept everything cohesive last year. That is sorely missed this year even though X and Trey started last year and should be leaders. I commend Ware and Reneau on their focus. Not much else out there but them.
For all the talk about Mbako being a 1 and done, I was stunned at how heavy footed he is. He cannot move laterally worth a damn. A couple times last night a Wright St player just drove by him.

Who is he going to guard in the NBA?

Woody is a good guy good coach but is he elite no. I expect him to coach a few more years and I expect us to be competitive hopefully then we land a elite coach the next time around or maybe Stevens is ready to come home?

• Angry
Reactions: Willdog7
Woody is a good guy good coach but is he elite no. I expect him to coach a few more years and I expect us to be competitive hopefully then we land a elite coach the next time around or maybe Stevens is ready to come home?
I think Stevens is done coaching.

Reactions: Willdog7
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT