ADVERTISEMENT

Jussie Smollett attacked: Empire star assaulted in Chicago in suspected hate crime

I get his broader point.....but he could say all of that...and very forcefully....without hoping the original story is true.

You, I, and everyone else knows there are people that LIVE off stories like this to be able to preach about how terrible we all are as a country. He wished it to be true. That's ****ed up.

We've had two in a month. People need to put away their Twitter reactions.
You're trying too hard to be put off by Granderson.
Exactly! I mean it’s more important that the narrative the left has been pushing about Trump and his supporters be believed than the actual truth.

... the ongoing narrative of much of the media/political class that America is nothing but a wasteland of hate and bigotry running rampant.
"Nothing but" isn't really a fair description. "Narrative" has become overused too. We collectively need to refer to a thesaurus or something because it's now a pejorative codeword and that's not really fair either.

Even if the "SJWs" have engaged in excessive hyperbole in some instances, it shouldn't lead to firm conclusions that (1) they're fundamentally wrong about the existence of hate and bigotry; and (2) that the appropriate response is to match their hyperbole and excess (not pointing at you here, just generally).

The reaction to BLM, the legislative attempts to undermine the rights of LGTB individuals, the cries for a wall, Charlottesville, etc. all paint a picture that strongly indicates that there are meaningful currents of hate and bigotry. Those have expressly been pushed and adopted by the POTUS. Complaining about "the narrative" and rejecting outright through pejoratives those who are pushing back against that hate and bigotry absolutely does tend to marginalize those on the outside and make their challenges harder.

Rumor is, Nike may get involved...

52355744_10100553106543795_8210320475864170496_n.jpg

In case you didn't notice, our team and coach quit halfway through the year.
You mean ever since the first Purdue beat down? IU and PU are certainly two teams on vastly different trajectories the second half of the season. I know I'm wading into treacherous waters here, but Purdue has been really fun to watch this year--especially considering the way things looked in late December.

You mean ever since the first Purdue beat down? IU and PU are certainly two teams on vastly different trajectories the second half of the season. I know I'm wading into treacherous waters here, but Purdue has been really fun to watch this year--especially considering the way things looked in late December.

Where is that dislike button?

You are right, but I still do not like it.

LOL, you'd like to think the PU win had something to do with it, but we had already lost 3 straight and were blown out at home by Nebraska for heaven's sake. Our team is a bunch of snowflakes with no heart or guts.

This just might be one of the wildest stories ever

So we have a faked hate crime by a gay, black man in a very liberal city. The scam was supported by Nigerians (were they princes too?) and now the DA recused herself and the new appointy is Joseph MagaHats

Seems Lil Jussie has a history of this type of behavior

I would think the DUI thing might complicate things for him, should he actually be found guilty or enter into some sort of plea agreement. He was given probation that time, but this would now be a second offense so his options for lenience might be fewer.

Of course the real worry would probably be the Federal case, if there is one. If the mail is part of it then the FBI will likely try and hammer him even if the Chicago authorities take a light touch.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
This just might be one of the wildest stories ever

So we have a faked hate crime by a gay, black man in a very liberal city. The scam was supported by Nigerians (were they princes too?) and now the DA recused herself and the new appointy is Joseph MagaHats
Not sure it matters, but the brothers are apparently Americans, not Nigerians. Not sure how that got started. Probably their names?

Not sure it matters, but the brothers are apparently Americans, not Nigerians. Not sure how that got started. Probably their names?

They were arrested coming back from Nigeria and made comments like these:

Ola bemoaned what he viewed as the typecasting of Nigerian actors in TV and movies in a November 2018 Facebook post where he wrote, “SMH. They always got the Nigerians portrayed as criminals on t.v. We gotta do better and say no to the money and fame ✊.”

They were arrested coming back from Nigeria and made comments like these:

Ola bemoaned what he viewed as the typecasting of Nigerian actors in TV and movies in a November 2018 Facebook post where he wrote, “SMH. They always got the Nigerians portrayed as criminals on t.v. We gotta do better and say no to the money and fame ✊.”
I could see how that could be taken the wrong way by certain people pretty easily.

I could see how that could be taken the wrong way by certain people pretty easily.

Pretty sure TMZ, etc. reported them as "Nigerian brothers" too. So naturally people assumed they were from Nigeria. I don't know if anyone cares about their citizenship. I only care about the jokes b/c I get a few spam emails per day from that region.

Pretty sure TMZ, etc. reported them as "Nigerian brothers" too. So naturally people assumed they were from Nigeria. I don't know if anyone cares about their citizenship. I only care about the jokes b/c I get a few spam emails per day from that region.
I didn't mean "certain people" to be finely targeted. I could see a lot of people making that mistake. But I do think that their weird names and dark skin probably made that mistake easier. If I came back from Edinburgh complaining about how America treats Scots, I doubt people would suddenly assume I'm a Scottish national, if you know what I mean.

I didn't mean "certain people" to be finely targeted. I could see a lot of people making that mistake. But I do think that their weird names and dark skin probably made that mistake easier. If I came back from Edinburgh complaining about how America treats Scots, I doubt people would suddenly assume I'm a Scottish national, if you know what I mean.

Depends on your Instagram and Facebook history I suppose.

Jussie is just plain stupid, just watching the news and the police have a check he wrote to the bothers! Can’t wait for Jussie to rat out who put him up to this stunt!

Last edited:
Jussie is just plain stupid, just watching the news and the police have a check he wrote to the bothers! Can’t wait for Jussie to rat out who put him up to this stunt!

I assume you think he should be a man....ie lie and not rat anyone out.

That's what I would think. I hate Scots. ;) For what it's worth I thought they were Nigerians too.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I am so glad Eddie Johnson the Police Superintendent did this press conference. They have a good one in Chicago. Now if he ends up getting into legal troubles like a lot of Aldermen, city officials etc I might have to eat my words because we are talking about Chicago. But as of now, Eddie Johnson is a hero.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT