ADVERTISEMENT

Jussie Smollett attacked: Empire star assaulted in Chicago in suspected hate crime

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot
gettyimages-1067873562.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...cial-homophobic-assault-chicago-a8752836.html

Actor Jussie Smollett was admitted to hospital following an attack that is being described as a possible hate crime. The musician and Empire star was approached by two men who yelled racial and homophobic slurs at him at approximately 2am on Tuesday

“The offenders began to batter the victim with their hands about the face and poured an unknown chemical substance on the victim,” the statement reads. “At some point during the incident, one of the offenders wrapped a rope around the victim’s neck.

This is 2019 and yet...

I want to take what he claims at face value, even if it makes me sick to consider the ramifications of it. That said, my spidey sense tingles a bit when I consider that I am to believe two people were rolling about on the streets of Chicago @ 2:30 am during a polar vortex,.in ski masks, with a noose and a bottle of bleach looking for someone to lynch and it's conveniently a high profile TV actor and the alleged attackers are all about that MAGA life...I am a bit incredulous.

I will say that this sucks all the way around. No matter how this turns out...whether he's telling the truth or whether he made it up or whether he embellished his claim I am sickened that we live in a world where any of these scenarios exist.

I agree. I have had an uneasy feeling about this incident since I first heard about it. Seems like a way over the top racist hate crime.

I'm sure we'll learn the truth at some point. But this is the type of story that most would be well advised to withhold judgment ...and even speculation...on until the facts are known. True that this ought to apply in every case, but this type in particular will make a person look like total shit if they prematurely grandstand on the wrong side.

I want to take what he claims at face value, even if it makes me sick to consider the ramifications of it. That said, my spidey sense tingles a bit when I consider that I am to believe two people were rolling about on the streets of Chicago @ 2:30 am during a polar vortex,.in ski masks, with a noose and a bottle of bleach looking for someone to lynch and it's conveniently a high profile TV actor and the alleged attackers are all about that MAGA life...I am a bit incredulous.

I will say that this sucks all the way around. No matter how this turns out...whether he's telling the truth or whether he made it up or whether he embellished his claim I am sickened that we live in a world where any of these scenarios exist.

The outrage machine is in full throttle. If that was the mission, it was accomplished.

It is very strange. Supposedly he had received threats before, so the only thing that would make sense is if people were following him. But you’d think they’d wait a week or so!

It is very strange. Supposedly he had received threats before, so the only thing that would make sense is if people were following him. But you’d think they’d wait a week or so!

I never even heard of the guy until this incident. Here is some more info:

The rope around his neck came from a sexual encounter gone bad! He is lying, It came out he didn’t have any broken ribs. Just another example of what a liberal will do.

You truly are invested in this story about a guy you’d never even heard of. Thanks for keeping us updated. I guess....

I'm just curious why Jamie has such a hard on for this story.

I don't see him doing anything but giving updates every few days. I'd say that hardly qualifies as a "hard on" worthy of your curiosity. Maybe we should call it a "hardly on" instead? Though I must say, your curiosity has peaked mine.a bit. Would you have such concern if iu-att or Rockfish or Zeke were the poster providing the updates?

I’m still sort of unclear where this is heading. Were the two “friends” supposedly in some sort of conspiracy with this Smollet dude to fake an attack, or did the dudes actually perpetrate some sort of assault on Smollet, and the guy just played it off as MAGA hate rather than some personal beef?

I’m intrigued, in the way you are when you’re watching a shitty movie but feel as if you need to see the end.

Last edited:
Reactions: MaxCoke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT