ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Spieth won this weekend.

I don't care how terrific of a golfer someone is, -30 is not a score anyone should be getting on a PGA course. That's embarrassing for that course.

I don't care how terrific of a golfer someone is, -30 is not a score anyone should be getting on a PGA course. That's embarrassing for that course.

Well, he was still 1 off the tournament (and PGA record I believe) record Ernie Els set a few years ago. And, in fairness, he did win by 8 strokes. I think that course is pretty benign if the wind doesn't blow and I think this was a very mild weather week out there.

It's the equipment, ain't it? They might as well do away with par 5 holes.

Probably equipment, talent and course combined. I didn't watch any of the golf. Golf for me starts in late April and anything before that I don't pay attention to, but aren't these January ones usually in hawaii? And those courses just aren't very difficult for those guys (whereas I'd shoot 130).

It's the equipment, ain't it? They might as well do away with par 5 holes.

Equipment might help explain the entire field shooting low scores, but JS is using the same equipment as everyone else, so him beating the field by 8 shots is all him in my book.

When Spieth is "on" he is a Terminator.
Still too early to tell, but he has the game to challenge Tiger and Jack.

Best thing is he doesn't swing as hard as Tiger did. Less stress on the knees and back and ankles. Maybe keep his game longer than Eldrick.

Reactions: C-$
What's wrong with tourneys with players going low? Every week doesn't need to be the US Open.

When Spieth is "on" he is a Terminator.
Still too early to tell, but he has the game to challenge Tiger and Jack.

Best thing is he doesn't swing as hard as Tiger did. Less stress on the knees and back and ankles. Maybe keep his game longer than Eldrick.

He's not nearly as abrasive as Tiger or Jack, doesn't swing as hard, seems to have his head on straighter than El Tigre and hopefully isn't messing with PEDs or Denny's waitresses. It's early and he also doesn't seem to have the talent dominance over the field the other 2 did, but if he avoids injury it should be an interesting run. The only area where he seems clearly better than the other top guys is putting, but other than that it's his all-around game and mental approach. I'm looking for a very interesting Ryder Cup this year, but generally every year I think we'll win the damn thing, so I don't want to get overly optimistic. Hope we go with a total youth movement and take advantage of all these young guns. Maybe Zach Johnson, and possibly Phil depending on how he bounces back this year, in the role of crusty veteran both other than that I hope it's all young guns.

Probably equipment, talent and course combined. I didn't watch any of the golf. Golf for me starts in late April and anything before that I don't pay attention to, but aren't these January ones usually in hawaii? And those courses just aren't very difficult for those guys (whereas I'd shoot 130).
I agree the course is easy for the pros when the wild is milder, but a lot of guys hit it a mile these days.

Late April?!?! What about the masters in early April?!?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT